View Poll Results: What is your favorite Disneyland Resort hotel?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland Hotel

16 29.09%
  • Grand Californian

31 56.36%
  • Paradise Pier

0 0%
  • I love them all!

2 3.64%
  • I have never stayed in a DLR hotel

11 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The doctor is in

What is your favorite Disneyland Resort hotel?

Granted this question applies to those to utilize the DLR hotels, but which of the Disney hotels is your favorite? Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, or Paradise Pier?

I have only ever stayed in the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier but out of those two I would have to say I did like Paradise Pier a lot. The decor was nice, the pool on the roof was also neat, and I liked the PCH Grill a lot. I also thought the rooms were nicer than the ones at Disneyland and having everything in one building was nice. When I was at the Disneyland Hotel I was in the back tower and the only thing that I remember really having was a gift shop downstairs. In order to get food or any other services you had to walk from tower to tower. However, that was in 2008 and it has been remodeled since then so my opinion might be a bit skewed. Hopefully I will be able to stay at the Grand Californian someday. I just can't justify spending that much money for a hotel room that I am rarely in.

My only real complaint about Paradise Pier, and I mentioned it when we checked out, is the elevator situation. Let this be a disclaimer to anyone staying at this hotel... there are only 3 elevators that serve 13 floors. Whenever we would leave the room to go to the park we'd have to wait a good 10min in order to get an elevator that wasn't jammed full of people. The reason? If you get on the elevator at a lower floor you have to go all the way to the top before going to the main lobby. If you get a room on the 6th floor you had to take a trip all the way up to the 13th and then all the way back down stopping at every single floor. It was exhausting and extremely claustrophobic. I also didn't notice any stairs or else I would have gladly walked down them despite being up on the 12th floor.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• No Disassemble!

Re: What is your favorite Disneyland Resort hotel?

I would have said "I Love Them All" but I don't love Paradise Pier.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    I would have said "I Love Them All" but I don't love Paradise Pier.
    I could say the same. I don't hate PPH but don't usually consider it as an option.

I like the GCH because it's close, but that's about it. With 3 in the room and that with two kids it's fine.

I like the DLH because it's Disney all over the place. It's not just highly themed like disney hotels, it's disney themed.

• I'm a fiddle player......

I picked the Disneyland Hotel. I love the new rooms and the pool. The PPH is great if you have a dca view. WOC is awesome from the room but the pool is boring and that whole area I think needs a rework. GCH is probably my least favorite. It was very nice having the short walk but I didnt feel very Disney there and the pools are nice but nothing special and again a little boring.

• -

I've never stayed at the Paradise Pier. Betweent the Grand Californian and the Disneyland Hotel, it is very close. I miss the balconies that the Disneyland hotel used to have. That would have put it over the top. However, the open lobby/atrium in the Grand Californian is very nice also. I guess it is really too close to call.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

I walked through the GCH when I had the early entry into California Adventure and I must say that is an amazing hotel. At least from what I saw. If I ever get married maybe I'll stay there, lol.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I love the Grand Californian, it is nicely themed without being in your face and it is so close to the parks. I love the ability to leave DCA right to the hotel and the walk from Disneyland is negligible. Having said that, I still stay off property most visits because the cost for the Grand or the Disneyland Hotel are prohibitive to multi-day stays we tend to take over the course of a year. We like taking the money we save from not staying on property and spend it in the parks.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Banned User

The Grand Californian is probably better in many ways but I'll vote Disneyland Hotel out of nostalgia. Give it a few more years for the loss of the dancing waters and colorful caverns ( and everything else ) to set in and I'll probably snap to my senses.

Nothing beats the Grand Californian. It has such a homey feeling to it, and the the quick entrance to DCA, overall the hotel is just awesome

We haven't tried DLH yet, but we will in June. We booked there for the Halloween party last year, but got bumped to PPH at the last minute.

We liked it so much we stayed at PPH again on our next trip. I have to say, the walk from PPH to DL is not any longer than the walk from some GCH rooms to DLR. I doubt I'll ever stay at GCH again because the closeness is really an illusion for a lot of the rooms.

That said, I'm a single mom traveling with three kids, boy17, girl16, and girl7. It really makes more sense for us to get connecting rooms or a suite off-property. That way we can all get a little more privacy and space, and save about $100+ per night.

My family has only stayed in GCH and DLH, and none of those stays have been recent. We have never tried the PPH.

That said I would have to say that neither of the hotels made enough of an impact on me to choose one over the other. If you forced me to pick one, I guess I would pick GCH, but not with much favor of one for the other.

I always stay offsite in order to save a few bucks for use on something else, I.E. food, gifts, etc.

• The doctor is in

Walking to the parks from Paradise Pier isn't much longer, if longer at all, than the walk from the Disneyland Hotel. It's a matter of crossing an extra crosswalk and that's about it. You still have to walk an equal distance through Downtown Disney to either the Monorail or the park entrances.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Walking to the parks from Paradise Pier isn't much longer, if longer at all, than the walk from the Disneyland Hotel. It's a matter of crossing an extra crosswalk and that's about it. You still have to walk an equal distance through Downtown Disney to either the Monorail or the park entrances.
    Exactly. You can also cut through GCH to get through the parks, which we did a lot.

I've had the best times at Paradise Pier. The park view is just awesome, the rooms & theme just make me happy to be at Disneyland during the summer.

Winter trips are always GCH. It's just beautiful!

Disneyland Hotel is good but it's the hotel where it's just more like "Why not?"

• Foolish Mortal

The Grand Californian. It's so beautiful and it's got it's own entrance to DCA.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• D'land Visitor since '57

We have stayed in all three.

The Grand Californian is wonderfully situated and a lot of detail has gone into the decor and feel of the hotel. Our room at the Paradise Pier was fantastic ... one of the top floors overlooking DCA. But ...

Our favorite has always been the Disneyland Hotel. Notalgia might play a part of it, but within its boundaries we truly feel that we are at Disneyland. It has more Disney magic built into it and we feel that we are really a part of the adventure, or fantasy, that is Disneyland.
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast