Fastpass back at Haunted Mansion?

Lines and Mousewait have both been showing fast pass availability at Haunted Mansion Holiday today. Do you think it's back for good?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Fastpass back at Haunted Mansion?

I can confirm that HMH had FP in use yesterday. I didn't ask any Ghost Hosts how long it would be around or why it was suddenly back in use. I just noticed guests using FPs as I was in the stand by queue.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I can confirm that HMH had FP in use yesterday. I didn't ask any Ghost Hosts how long it would be around or why it was suddenly back in use. I just noticed guests using FPs as I was in the stand by queue.
    Are they the ppl that are whizzing by while we were waiting in SBQ? When we were there, in late Sept, we couldn't find any FP machines for HMH, but there were tons of ppl walking quickly in a queue paralelle to ours. I pointed out that I was pretty sure it was not a GAC line to my party. We came to the conclusion that they were from a special tour and just happened to be there while we were in line.

If what I saw was a FP, where are the machines? Why is it we are getting mixed reports of them working and not working? I'm confused!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Are they the ppl that are whizzing by while we were waiting in SBQ? When we were there, in late Sept, we couldn't find any FP machines for HMH, but there were tons of ppl walking quickly in a queue paralelle to ours. I pointed out that I was pretty sure it was not a GAC line to my party. We came to the conclusion that they were from a special tour and just happened to be there while we were in line.

If what I saw was a FP, where are the machines? Why is it we are getting mixed reports of them working and not working? I'm confused!
    When HMH opened this year, there was no Fastpass. However, it has been active in recent days. The Fastpass machines for HMH are to the left of the HM entrance. You walk down a walkway that winds around toward the back of the outdoor queue. They are pretty well-concealed from view, but you can see them year-round from the DLRR.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    When HMH opened this year, there was no Fastpass. However, it has been active in recent days. The Fastpass machines for HMH are to the left of the HM entrance. You walk down a walkway that winds around toward the back of the outdoor queue. They are pretty well-concealed from view, but you can see them year-round from the DLRR.

Thanks. We never went back there nor did we exit from that station (and while riding the RR we probably were looking at other things).
    ~Jay

(Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by kaspangle View Post
    Lines and Mousewait have both been showing fast pass availability at Haunted Mansion Holiday today. Do you think it's back for good?
    Generally for HMH they open it as needed. As the park gets more and more busy for the Halloween/Christmas season they will open it up. When the HMH overlay is gone you'll hardly ever see it open as the attraction doesn't really need it.

However, the Fastpass area for the Haunted Mansion is probably one of my favorite parts of the park and easily my favorite Fastpass queue. If you get the chance to pop in while it's open, I would. Also I've found out that if it's closed and you ask a CM to let you in to snap a few photos they will normally let you. Obviously, this varies CM to CM though.

Here is a quick post about the area that has a few photos as well, from the Davelandblog:

Davelandblog: Freaky Fridays @ The Haunted Mansion: Fast Pass Area

• The doctor is in

Another thing to consider is the fact that Indiana Jones is closed this Christmas season and the Casey Jr. Train and Storybook Canal Boats are still closed. It's a Small World is also closed right now so the lines for other rides will increase by a little bit.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• a damsel not in distress

indiana jones is closed? le poop. i'm behind on the times.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I believe Indiana Jones Adventure is scheduled to reopen December 7th.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Very correct. Just in time for the holiday rush and I have heard rumors of a soft re-opening on Dec 5th or 6th.
    ~Jay

(Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

They started using the Fastpasses last Saturday (October 20th). That was our trip, and they were not using them at the beginning of the trip, I am 95% sure they were not using them on Friday, but they definitely were when we were there on Saturday morning. Glad we only there for a short time that day -- it was getting crowded fast.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    However, the Fastpass area for the Haunted Mansion is probably one of my favorite parts of the park and easily my favorite Fastpass queue. If you get the chance to pop in while it's open, I would. Also I've found out that if it's closed and you ask a CM to let you in to snap a few photos they will normally let you. Obviously, this varies CM to CM though.
    I agree, I LOVE the Haunted Mansion Fastpass distribution area. It's a hidden treasure and every time I've been there I've found myself wandering around to see everything.

• When Will It Return?

Good, I'm glad people are once again given a choice between spending an hour or more stuck in line, or an hour or two exploring the parks doing other fun things like Halloween Carnival, eating, doing other rides, etc.

Next question - is it still on the main Disneyland FP network, or has it gone rogue again?

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    It's is closed through the 7th, meanind it opens on the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Next question - is it still on the main Disneyland FP network, or has it gone rogue again?
    Good question. Now I wish I tested that out. It didn't even cross my mind to try it on Tuesday when I was weighing getting a FP for Space or HM. Went with Space.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Good, I'm glad people are once again given a choice between spending an hour or more stuck in line, or an hour or two exploring the parks doing other fun things like Halloween Carnival, eating, doing other rides, etc.

I tested it yesterday. Apparently it "recognized" that we had just acquired Splash FPs .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"