Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Among mad people

Sword in the Stone

Hello folks.

Long time lurker, first time poster, and just got back from another week at the resort. 4th time in two years, not too bad for a canadian. The crowds! oh my gosh! I suppose I've been spoiled by usually going between Jan - Mar.

Anyway, I was justwondering if anyone heard any rumours about the sword in the stone in front of the carousel. I know the Merlin performance has been discontinued for quite some time now, and the little activation lights in the window above Peter Pan have been off for the same time.

However, when I was there oct 8-15, The red light was on. I asked a Cm if they knew anything about the sword working again, and they said that completely at random, the sword will be allowed to be pulled out. They also mentioned that there is an iphone app in the works, that will have people go through various places in the parks, finding clues, and answering question on the app, that will culminate at the sword, and the final thing will be you pulling out the sword.

My apologies if this has been brought up. I did a search but didn't find anything very relavent.

Thanks

Re: Sword in the Stone

Sounds fun!

• My Children's Father

Curse my Crackberry!
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Minion

RDDU: Hello MSCguy, duckling! We don't know about Disneyland's Sword in the Stone Ceremony but we do know Florida's Magic Kingdom Sword in the Stone Ceremony has come back to Fantasyland in a minor way--without Merlin being a part of it any longer.

ORWEN: Yes, they now have the Fantasyland minstrels performing the ceremony at random. It's much shorter than it used to be when Merlin was in charge of it. The quartett of minstrels just start playing a song from the Sword in the Stone--'That's What Makes the World Go 'Round' and that's everybody's clue that the ceremony is about to begin.

ORDDU: We were surprised to find out about the return of the ceremony--minus Merlin--when we first found out about it a few months ago. We hope that Disneyland follows Walt Disney World's example and we really do hope they bring Merlin backto both parks because there are enough unemployed magicians these days--the world's economy being what it is...

ORGOCH: Got stones an' swords?
    Last edited by Witches of Morva; 10-24-2012 at 01:33 PM.

• Among mad people

Wow, thats interesting. I had no idea.
    So, does that mean without merlin, do the minstrels come out playing and there is just a mad scramble for the sword?

• Insomniac

I wonder if this will be Disneyland's version of Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

ORDDU: Hello again, duckling. The way they do the Sword in the Stone ceremony in Florida isn't as magical as it used to be.

ORWEN: Without Merlin it falls kind of flat. But one little duckling is still chosen from the audience to become 'ruler of the realm'. It all happens so fast it's seems over before it began.

ORGOCH: Got some place ta go?

Yes, the sword has been pulled recently.

Name:  29aca09a13cf11e2a94622000a1e8b13_7.jpg
Views: 1644
Size:  131.8 KB

This isn't an old picture because he has the Skeleton Dance t-shirt on from the Target Disney Artists collection that came out in August.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by fatewouldja View Post

This isn't an old picture because he has the Skeleton Dance t-shirt on from the Target Disney Artists collection that came out in August.
    Consider the riddle solved!

• a damsel not in distress

this would be so fun to do!

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• MargyDisneylandLover

another thing that i could cross off my disney bucket list...le sigh
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by fatewouldja View Post

Interestingly enough, friends of ours just posted a similar pic on their Facebook page last week showing the husband pulling the sword out of the stone. I thought maybe they had restarted the ceremony for the Halloween/Christmas season. Darn, wish I'd tried to pull it when we were there in Sept, but I thought I'd look like a dork if I tried.

Hey, one of you local APers-run over to the park right now & give it a tug, then report back.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Hey, one of you local APers-run over to the park right now & give it a tug, then report back.
    As mentioned above, it's an app that is being tested, and the app unlocks the sword.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    As mentioned above, it's an app that is being tested, and the app unlocks the sword.

Hmmm, our friend doesn't have a Sword in the Stone app. I wonder how he was able to pull the sword out. Guess he was just there at the right time;

Ah-HA! Here we go;

Per MSCGuy: "However, when I was there oct 8-15, The red light was on. I asked a Cm if they knew anything about the sword working again, and they said that COMPLETELY AT RANDOM, the sword will be allowed to be pulled out. They also mentioned that there is an iphone app IN THE WORKS, that will have people go through various places in the parks, finding clues, and answering question on the app, that will culminate at the sword, and the final thing will be you pulling out the sword".

(Capitalization is mine.) Thanks MSCGuy-Guess I didn't read your post carefully enough, so despite our friend insisting he IS the rightful King of the Kingdom, he's just some random dude, after all.
    Last edited by Stormy; 10-25-2012 at 07:17 AM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• DLR Softie

Ohhhhh....this all makes me very happy and excited and I hope, hope, hope that I can have the opportunity to watch my kids actually pull the sword out next time that we go; especially with all the other times they've been unable to - it would be "magical", to say the least..

Quote Originally Posted by MSCguy View Post
    the little activation lights in the window above Peter Pan have been off for the same time.

However, when I was there oct 8-15, The red light was on.
    Where are said lights exactly?
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast