Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,173

    Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I'd also like to see two prequels to this with age-appropriate actors as Walt.
    I know this is fake, but I couldn't help posting it..

    Name:  RYAN-GOSLING-WALT.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  97.3 KB

  2. #47

    • My Children's Father
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Island in the Sun
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

    Another challenge: 50 years of tree growth. Disneyland today is virtually an "old-growth forrest" compared to the early '60s.

    I'm in no way suggesting it would be "proper", but the movie producers may decide that there is better value in having people recognizing the location as "Disneyland" than would be realized if it were somehow filmed or edited to be "authentic". And it would certainly be cheaper and/or easier that way.

    So yes, I am looking forward to the threads we'll be producing when the movie comes out.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

  3. #48

    • World Famous Gold Mickey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    76

    Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I know this is fake, but I couldn't help posting it..

    Name:  RYAN-GOSLING-WALT.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  97.3 KB
    Wow I wish that was not fake - I would love to see that - honestly I can't believe they haven't done this. As soon as I saw the poster I was wow !

    Gold Mickey says:
    The poster shows where and how Mickey was created and I wouldn't be here with out Walt and Mickey. I really love the poster!

  4. #49

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,173

    Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by misterdisney View Post
    Wow I wish that was not fake - I would love to see that - honestly I can't believe they haven't done this. As soon as I saw the poster I was wow !

    Gold Mickey says:
    The poster shows where and how Mickey was created and I wouldn't be here with out Walt and Mickey. I really love the poster!
    It was made by Pascal Witaszek, an artist from France. I remember it went viral a while back and I can't tell you how many hearts were shattered when they found out it wasn't real. A very good mock up though nonetheless!

  5. #50

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    It was made by Pascal Witaszek, an artist from France.
    That explains the very European railroad "carriage" interior and window.

  6. #51

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Undisclosed location somwhere in SoCal
    Posts
    181

    Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

    I don't think Tom Hanks was a good choice. Don't get me wrong he's a good actor but he looks nothing like Walt. Now an actor that DOES is Jean Dujardin.

    I don't know if he can have a good midwestern accent but his looks are good.

  7. #52

    • former CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    S. Cal. via Milw. & Madison Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by 999happyhants View Post
    I don't think Tom Hanks was a good choice. Don't get me wrong he's a good actor but he looks nothing like Walt. Now an actor that DOES is Jean Dujardin.

    I don't know if he can have a good midwestern accent but his looks are good.
    I kept thinking that as I saw "The Artist," (What an excellent movie, btw!) He and young Walt had the EXACT same big smile. (Not shown in the above photo.)

    I've written this before, but as a Walt fan I REALLY hope this movie is outstanding and uplifting.

    If Jack Warner is shown as a cautious jerk for casting Audrey H. in "My Fair Lady,"
    then Julie Andrews' Oscar-winning speech will have a big payoff.

    And please mention that Walt was the genius of the 1964 World's Fair, and that he was actively planning his world in Florida, and his Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean (still two of the best attractions ever made) at about this same time. Though he was in his mid 60s he was at the height of his genius. Maybe Buddy Holly was a more tragic death (
    age 22 already with many great songs--potentially greater than McCartney), but how many artists die in their mid 60s and leave so many wishing he could have kept going? How many people like me had their lives saved from smoking partly because of Walt's cautionary tale? Hundreds? Thousands?

    (The toughest American icon, John Wayne, was the 2 of this one-two punch at cigarettes. He couldn't :lick 'the big C', but I could by never starting. Peter Jennings & Vincent Price, RIP too.)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-29-2012 at 01:45 PM.

  8. #53

    • World Famous Gold Mickey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    76

    Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    It was made by Pascal Witaszek, an artist from France. I remember it went viral a while back and I can't tell you how many hearts were shattered when they found out it wasn't real. A very good mock up though nonetheless!
    Thank you for posting that and the info. I was going to email it to my wife but I am going to wait and show it to her so I can explain so her heart will not be broken. Also I have notice in some of your other post sometimes you put pictures and wanted to tell you that I always enjoy your pictures !

    Gold Mickey says:
    Thank you !

    May All Your Days Be Disney Days !

  9. #54

    • former CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    S. Cal. via Milw. & Madison Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    It was made by Pascal Witaszek, an artist from France. I remember it went viral a while back and I can't tell you how many hearts were shattered when they found out it wasn't real. A very good mock up though nonetheless!
    I hope the Tom Hanks' movie earns Oscars for best picture, actor, screenplay, director, music, and editing, and earns 500 million. That might inspire a green light for the movie in the poster. I admire Ryan Gosling, but I'd also like Sam Rockwell and Jean Dujardin to audition for the Walt prequel.

    And I loved "A Beautiful Mind," but if Danny Boyle were more enthusiastic than Ron Howard, I wouldn't rule him out to direct it. And give John Stamos a part. He's as big a Disney fan as we are.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-29-2012 at 01:56 PM.

  10. #55

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,173

    Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    That explains the very European railroad "carriage" interior and window.
    I would have never noticed that! Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by misterdisney View Post
    Thank you for posting that and the info. I was going to email it to my wife but I am going to wait and show it to her so I can explain so her heart will not be broken. Also I have notice in some of your other post sometimes you put pictures and wanted to tell you that I always enjoy your pictures !

    Gold Mickey says:
    Thank you !

    May All Your Days Be Disney Days !
    Let me know what her reaction is, and thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I hope the Tom Hanks movie earns Oscars for best picture, actor, screenplay, director, music, and editing, and earns 500 million. That might inspire a green light for the movie in the poster.
    Seriously!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Tom Hanks to play Walt Disney in new Movie (based on making of Mary Poppins)
    By Hathaway Browne in forum Walt Disney Pictures
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 03:44 PM
  2. Tom Hanks is Walt Disney
    By Daboltz in forum Walt Disney Pictures
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 02:49 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 10:33 PM
  4. What if Walt built Disneyland in today's world?
    By The Mad Hatter in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 06:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •