Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• former CM

Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

According to this. . .

Tom Hanks' movie to film at Disneyland | disney, hanks, movie - The Orange County Register

. . .Tom Hanks is going to portray Walt Disney in a movie that'll include scenes at Disneyland!

Here's a link to a Hollywood Reporter article featuring a nice photo of Tom Hanks talking with Diane Disney:
    Tom Hanks Becoming Walt Disney for 'Saving Mr. Banks' - Hollywood Reporter

I hope they include:
    --the casting of Julie Andrews (after she misses out on "My Fair Lady") and her Oscar win.
    --the Sherman Brothers [Update: they're in.]
    --the '64 World's Fair
    --beautiful shots of Disneyland Main Street has changed the least, and they could include Frontierland (including the Golden Horseshoe Revue) & Adventureland without making too many changes.
    --smoking. This movie could save hundreds of people from nasty, premature deaths.

I'm very pleased that Walt Disney is going to be portrayed by one of America's most talented & well-liked actors!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-24-2012 at 07:07 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Tom Hanks to play Walt at Disneyland!

From what I heard, I thought it was a minor role but I guess I was mistaken!

I heard part of the filming will be during my upcoming trip.

• My Children's Father

Hollywood has no trouble including smoking. Portraying it as a nasty death inducing habit has been a challenge.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• -

It will be intersting to see if changes to Disneyland itself since that time period are visible in the final film.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Musical Fireman

I hope they know us fans will be the biggest judges, so he better be good. Going by your suggestions I think it would be smart to invite Richard Sherman and Julie Andrews to coach the actors playing their 1960's counterparts. I hope this is a good movie it must be a vital part in history for this era to be chosen over Walt's beginnings. Must have been quite a battle for Uncle Walt. As for Main Street I say they should change the signage to reflect what was there at the time remember how many sponsors were there.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

I think i'd be awesome to be there while they were filming. Apparently Tom Hanks is a pretty friendly guy, could you imagine if he would allow people to take pictures with him AS Walt IN the park...Not as good as the real thing, but i'd think it would be amazing. I'd treasure that photo forever!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Disgruntled Former CM

The movie is called "Saving Mr. Banks", and it is a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the motion picture "Mary Poppins". The script is rumored to be nothing short of brilliant. The character of Walt Disney (played by Hanks) is not a "small part"; it involves all the work between Walt Disney and Pamela (P.L.) Travers (to be played by Emma Thompson), the author of the original Mary Poppins novels, to bring the story to the screen.

The movie will also star Colin Farrell, Paul Giamatti, Bradley Whitford, Rachel Griffiths, and

I
    Can
    Not
    Wait !!
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Jason Schwartzman and P.J. Hogan are playing the Sherman Bros. This is not the first time that Tom Hanks has worked on a movie that took place in the early to mid 60s, and featured location footage in Disneyland. Remember those brief scenes in "That Thing You Do" with the Castle and the Matterhorn?

• Just drawn that way

This is interesting, so many things have changed since that time: trees, paint, characters ....tons more. I can not wait to see how they will go about doing this.
    Little and broken, but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    I think i'd be awesome to be there while they were filming. Apparently Tom Hanks is a pretty friendly guy, could you imagine if he would allow people to take pictures with him AS Walt IN the park...Not as good as the real thing, but i'd think it would be amazing. I'd treasure that photo forever!
    That would be great but it sounds like the filming will all be done behind the scenes as they don't want anything to appear out of period.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Talk about perfect timing! I was driving home from work today and was trying to remember if they were going to film parts of this movie in Disneyland. And then this thread pops up. How about that!

And the article answered my other question as to how they are going to film while guests are there. I wouldn't think they would let normal guests into the scenes. And I hghly doubt like in Modern Family that you will see portions of the park stantioned off with CMs directing traffic.

A couple areas that I think will be used would be iasw and Tiki Room. Main Street could be used but I don't think they will bring back the old sponsors.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    Jason Schwartzman and P.J. Hogan are playing the Sherman Bros.
    Incorrect. Jason Schwartzman and B.J. Novak are playing the Sherman Bros. (P.J. Hogan is a 49-year-old Australian film director.)

Can't wait!!
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• World Famous Gold Mickey

I hope this movie makes money - then maybe they will think about making a movie or an ABC series about Walts Life.

Gold Mickey says:
    Series about Walt - I would watch it every week !
    And still buy the dvd's when they came out !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast