Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: I.D. checks for DLR starting today (?)

You are correct.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

didnt even know this went on.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    didnt even know this went on.
    Same. I had no idea people were doing this.

Would this help people whose tickets have been lost or stolen? If they're keeping the names/ticket numbers in their computer it should theoretically be easy to stop and detain anyone who showed up at the gate with a stolen ticket.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I think this is a plus, it does not harm anybody but the scammers. What I think though is to have them do have the names entered at the tickets boths and then the same ID must be flashed when entering the park for the first time that day.

• When Will It Return?

I fail to see how requiring ID changes kids' tickets at all whatsoever, as kids do not carry ID or even have a form of ID sans maybe a birth certificate.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• I am number 4 of 999

Oh! So THAT is what that was for! I saw that today. I thought it was a perk for buying multi-day tickets (their own turnstile entrance!). Turns out it's a punishment for those that legitimately buy the 4-5 days passes. Oh well...
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Surfin the net with Duffy

In Florida they can prosecute, why has Disney not lobbied California government to pass a law?

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Apparently there are fake APs out there too. That's what I was told by a CM as I was going through.

I used to be able to just leave my pass in my FP holder on my lanyard & they scan it with their scan gun & off I go.
    Now, you gotta have it out & ready & then I have to stop to put it back in (can't walk & do it, multitask challenged LOL)

But I guess it just goes to show the way times have changed & how there are bad people out there trying to get one over.
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

• The doctor is in

I had to show my military ID whenever I entered the park because I got the military promo tickets. If you have your ID ready with your ticket it doesn't take any longer to get in.

And I'm sure for kids they won't ask for any form of ID as most children don't have one. As long as the adult who's name is on the tickets shows ID it should be fine.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

We had a 4 day park hopper ticket, and when we first got the ticket printed for us at the ticket booth the Cast Member hand wrote each of our names on the tickets (normally you "sign" this but rarely do). Then almost each day we had to show ID with the park hopper ticket to enter the parks.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

^Same experience this past summer. They wrote our names on our passports and everyday we were required to show I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    ^Same experience this past summer. They wrote our names on our passports and everyday we were required to show I.D.
    Ah I was wondering how names were going to be associated with the tickets because I could not remember the ticket being printed with my name on it.

Personally I think people who stay at the DRL should get some sort of seperate entrance or something that would allow them to bypass this line. I don't think guests staying in the hotels for that length of time or going to be renting their ticket out. As someone who always gets a 4 day park hopper ticket I see this as a big PITA but I understand why they want to do it, just seems to me not everyone should suffer at the hands of a few.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    IMHO? Yes, good! 'Renting' or 'resale' of Disney Park tickets by third parties (or anyone, I guess) is expressly against Disney policy*. I think it's one of the reasons for the rising prices of tickets. Maybe not a major reason, but a reason just the same.

I will have no problem in showing my ID with my ticket.

*I don't really have a problem with someone buying a ticket from someone else if they sell it for FULL RETAIL PRICE, ie, what they paid for it, even if Disney's policy is 'don't do that'. Like if I buy a ticket & can't go (thus the ticket hasn't been activated) and sell it to my neighbor for what I paid for it. I do have a problem with rental and scalpers. This is my opinion. I know others may disagree.
    I don't think it has an impact on the price of tickets... the only upside I see is it might cut down on the number of people in the park on any given day, which is a good thing.

My only question is why they don't use the finger print scanners that they had in Disneyworld, that would seem to be a much faster method.

I purchased the four day parkhoppers that my family and I will be using next month, but my husband always likes to take our youngest child back to the hotel for a nap in the afternoon. How will he get back in if I'm not with them to show my ID? Ugh, this better not be a huge pain every single time we want to go in or out.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

I think it would be a good idea to have to show a receipt to prove where you purchased them and the tickets have special numbers or markings so that a CM could easily check the ticket and make sure it matches what is listed on the receipt. I'm sure it seems like a pain in the butt, but when you use Military tickets you have to take your papers to the designated turnstile, they check for Military ID, then they give you your tickets.That way people can't complain about not having an ID or still rent and use a child's ticket. And as long as you purchase your ticket through an authorized Disney ticket location, you will know about having to present the receipt.

On a side note, on my last night on my last trip I lost my park hopper with one more day left on it. The next day I went to Lost & Found to see if someone happened to turned it in but they hadn't. But they were able to print me out another ticket for the day, as long as I was able to get all the tickets that were purchased together and show them, which I easily did. The ticket they printed me for the day WAS printed with my name printed on it too. I dont know if they would have been able to do that as easy as they did if we didn't have the Military passes and they had record of how many had been purchased all together.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast