Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: I.D. checks for DLR starting today (?)

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    I fail to see how requiring ID changes kids' tickets at all whatsoever, as kids do not carry ID or even have a form of ID sans maybe a birth certificate.
    Lots of kids have ID. Passports, school ID, military dependent IDs, and state ID cards are all forms of ID kids could hypothetically have. Stores and restaurants don't have access to Annual Passport photos, so the cashiers are supposed to ask for ID; I've never had a problem with kids buying stuff unattended; they comply with the rules without fuss; I do have issues with irate adults who don't have their own AP, don't want to get theirs out for whatever reason, or don't think it matters which AP out of the ones their family has is used to apply the discounts when the rules say it has to be that adult's AP + ID, or a minor's AP with ID, but not another adult's AP + ID.
    Last edited by Alyssa3467; 10-25-2012 at 08:38 AM.

• Hooterville, USA

This was becoming a huge problem for DL. Now, it looks like they have put the scalpers out of business!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I know why they are doing this, but it does sound inconvenient. I really don't want to be taking something as important as my kids passports to the parks just to get through the gate. They are the last documents we can afford to lose on vacation.

They did make us write our names on our 5 day Park Hoppers when we were there a couple weeks ago, but did not ask for ID.

Also, we redeemed AirMiles for our Park Hoppers, so if they did go to a receipt system, or even like a will-call system where you need the purchasing credit card on hand, we would have had a problem. And I'm assuming there are probably more ways to redeem for tickets which would make it difficult to prove legitimate acquisition of tickets.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The world has become a crazy place where the rulebreakers make it so absurdly difficult for the honest folk.

100% honesty, of course can't exist 100% of the time. However, there are many things happening in our society today, that can be traced back to somebody somewhere who didn't play by the rules.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I think they should have better signage. It would stink to wait in a long line only to be told you have to go to a specific turnstile.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The world has become a crazy place where the rulebreakers make it so absurdly difficult for the honest folk.

100% honesty, of course can't exist 100% of the time. However, there are many things happening in our society today, that can be traced back to somebody somewhere who didn't play by the rules.
    Ain't that the truth...

Can anyone, a CM perhaps, confirm if children will need to show ID? We're taking our 4 year old son for his first trip in just over a week and will be using 5 day Park Hoppers, but he does not have a photo ID.

I would guess that because my wife and I will have our IDs and we all have the same last name it won't be a problem, but if someone could confirm, that would be much appreciated.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I say change the tickets then....because holding up lines of people...because they are using 4 day park hoppers is just stupid, i get why they do it but then change the system...were I an AP don't have to wait extra time outside the parks...as they get there Id's out and the CM checks them....its all very time consuming

I don't understand why they don't give multi-day passholders a similar plastic pass to an AP and have their photo be embed on it (just like an AP). They could do it on a thinner plastic (like the Photopass cards) if cost is a factor. If you have a 5 or 6 day pass, wouldn't something more durable than paper be better anyway? And then the photo could be linked. They have the technology - is it too expensive or too much hassle?
    Disneyland AP & go as often as I can! DL Paris March 2002 WDW Dec. 2007 & Jan. 2013 Tokyo DL & Sea April 2009
    To Do: DCL Alaska 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland, you're next; Shanghai Disney, see you in 2016!
    GROUNDHOG DAY: WDW and DLR in the same day: 2/2/13
    My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite

• Adventures with Duffy

I think its great they are checking IDs. What I dont like is that there are only two lines? I hope they expand that. I think they should open all gates turn styles to make sure that guest get in as fast as they can.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Minion

I think this is a positive change for the resort. There are some people though that will buy tickets on Craigslist and think they're real. I had a coworker who bought four park hopper tickets from this little old lady and of course when they got to the park they were not good, but Disney was nice and gave them two days for the tickets.

I believe this tactic is only going to help the resort. People will still fall victim to scams. I think it's always wise to call Disney before purchasing any type of tickets. Know what companies are reputable for discount tickets such as TicketsatWork or something similar.
    Jeff Wayne

• Foolish Mortal

There's always some idiot that has to ruin it for everyone. That's one thing I'm gonna worry about when I'm in the park is my I.D. I tend to lose things easily.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• Minion

But isn't using someone else's a fastpass a crime. those are non transferable as well and have ur ap/ticket barcode and # on it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pinksand View Post
    I don't understand why they don't give multi-day passholders a similar plastic pass to an AP and have their photo be embed on it (just like an AP). They could do it on a thinner plastic (like the Photopass cards) if cost is a factor. If you have a 5 or 6 day pass, wouldn't something more durable than paper be better anyway? And then the photo could be linked. They have the technology - is it too expensive or too much hassle?
    I think it is just a case of Disney wanting to do it the cheapest way possible and not caring about the hassle factor to the customer. I find it strange that when I have gone to Disneyworld in the past I was given a room key that was also the ticket to the parks, yet at Disneyland each time I've stayed in a Disney hotel I have been given a plastic room key for everyone in the family that they have to use and also seperate paper tickets.... so each time we enter the park early we had to have both room keys and tickets... why in the world can't they simply put them all together? Having separate tickets and room keys doesn't make it any easier for the visitors only more of a pain in the backside... In fact if I wasn't going to use all the days on my ticket the current system they use makes it easy for me to sell my ticket and still have my room key.

---------- Post added 10-25-2012 at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    But isn't using someone else's a fastpass a crime. those are non transferable as well and have ur ap/ticket barcode and # on it.
    I don't think the fastpass has any number on it that matches it to a ticket or pass... I just looked at two we didn't get a chance to use and there were no number on either one just a bar code that was identical on each one, so no way to match it to a specific ticket that was used to get it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    Using someone else's fastpass is not a crime.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast