Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Re: I.D. checks for DLR starting today (?)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    This was already covered in a recent article in the OC Register.

Basically what they were explaining were ticket rental companies that buy Disneyland multi-day park hopper tickets at full value and charging customers a discounted rate to use the ticket for a single day pass. The article states there is nothing illegal about this. The tickets purchased by the agency is not sold to them by Disney at a discount, and they are legitimate theme park tickets. These ticketing companies are legitimate businesses legally operating within or near Anaheim

Some rent Disney tickets to save money | tickets, disney, day - Entertainment - The Orange County Register
    The discussion should therefore be: is it illegal or unethical!

• Under that tree again!

Basically what they were explaining were ticket rental companies that buy Disneyland multi-day park hopper tickets at full value and charging customers a discounted rate to use the ticket for a single day pass. The article states there is nothing illegal about this. The tickets purchased by the agency is not sold to them by Disney at a discount, and they are legitimate theme park tickets. These ticketing companies are legitimate businesses legally operating within or near Anaheim

Some rent Disney tickets to save money | tickets, disney, day - Entertainment - The Orange County Register
    Sargent Allan Roman Should be fired. A crime is committed when goods sold are not as promised. When guests get turned away with thier invalid tickets then they have been told were legitimate for use, the customer has been ripped off.

"It is unfortunate," Neil said about those with confiscated tickets. "We're not looking to scam anyone. It's one of these things. I feel like we are doing a good service for the community."
    Crack dealers can say somthing similiar. People need to score drugs, thank god the dealers provide.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Crack dealers can say somthing similiar. People need to score drugs, thank god the dealers provide.
    That's a ludicrous comparison to make.

• "I Break Things"

I fail to see how this in any way negatively affected Disney. They sold multi-day tickets, people showed up to use said tickets.If anything this will actually CUT DOWN on the use... meaning Disney is now making money on people not using their full ticket. From what I understand the concept behind the "business model" was based on seeing families "sell" the remaining days of their ticket... so running along those lines said families no longer have an outlet and that last day(s) are now empty but still part of the purchase price. I'm not arguing ethics, just pointing out that Disney appears to be using it to retain profits and control crowds.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

That's great and everything, but California code is California Code, how a reporter and the Anaheim PD want to handle it is their problem. The PD doesn't want to get involved really (They probably don't consider it a CRIMINAL matter, but civil, which makes it still illegal but it's up to Disney to take them to court)... My statement was taken from the Californias AG's website and is quite clear. Unless you are selling the tickets as unused (face value of the ticket/days) (and if it's for profit, you need to be licensed) it is illegal. Now I'm quite sure that the local PD isn't going to crack down on these dealers, but Disney Lawyers can sue them... if they can find them. Best way to find them (especially the "craigslist" types) is to start checking ID's and tag the tickets so that they simply go out of business from the revoked tickets.
    Last edited by pinkertonfloyd; 10-25-2012 at 08:50 PM.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I think the change is nice, but I just don't like that it will create a long line for those specific 4 or 5 day park hopper ticket holders. Like was mentioned earlier, the honest people get penalized for something that dishonest people do, it's unfair. But glad it will cut down on those who are renting tickets.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Just to make things clear here folks -- by stating that this practice is not illegal I am not necessarily condoning it either. I just threw it out there that this isn't illegal. If Disney decides to go after them and sue them then all the power to them. I personally don't really care since I don't buy tickets this way. Just staring a fact that this is not illegal.

• IPAC

"Within the year, Anaheim parks plan to put in new technology that could resolve the issue, said Suzi Brown, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman. She declined to elaborate." This isn't the "new technology" is it?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ewo1992 View Post
    "Within the year, Anaheim parks plan to put in new technology that could resolve the issue, said Suzi Brown, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman. She declined to elaborate." This isn't the "new technology" is it?
    That is an indicator that the new entrances are coming.

• IPAC

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    That is an indicator that the new entrances are coming.
    What will the new entrances be? It looks like it won't be the finger scanners. "Disney World parks and SeaWorld San Diego use biometrics – a fingerprint scanning system – for visitors using multiday passes. Brown, the Disney official in Anaheim, said that strategy won't be used here."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^rumors are some sort of device on your wrist and they'll be open entrance ways...you can just walk though and it will beap if you don't have one or your AP is blocked that day

• 2 shots on the rocks.

^And if you ignore the beep triggered by your invalid entry, machines themed to resemble turn of the century gas lamps will tase you.

• Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Disney IS losing from ticket renting. It's the same reason why you cannot scalp game tickets. By renting a ticket, the person who had it originally can easily make profit off of it.

Disney has the authority to allow people to purchase tickets on their terms and no one else's and Disney has a right to profit from every transaction with the ticket. With every rented ticket used, Disney loses that potential profit from a ticket sale.
    Exactly.

The multi-day Parkhoppers make a longer vacation more affordable. I'm sure Disney's intent in offering them is to encourage guests to stay longer. I'm also sure Disney never intended them to be used as single-day tickets by multiple people, with a third party making the profit from the multi-day discount.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by lisaboo View Post
    Well, confound it all, what are we supposed to do? We have APs for all of the adults in our family, but my son just turned three and we don't want to buy him an AP that will have a completely different renewal date than everyone else's (besides we are fairly sure we are not renewing in 2013 as we would like to go to WDW next year), so we bought him a four day ticket. He doesn't have picture ID, I only have a birth certificate for him. We leave in just a little over two weeks. Does this mean we will have to go through this line every time even though he is the only one with a four day ticket and has no ID!?!

make sure you save your reciept from time of purchase at the park so that you can also prove that you bought it there

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ewo1992 View Post
    What will the new entrances be? It looks like it won't be the finger scanners. "Disney World parks and SeaWorld San Diego use biometrics – a fingerprint scanning system – for visitors using multiday passes. Brown, the Disney official in Anaheim, said that strategy won't be used here."
    I think the article rulled out finger scanners but not Disney. Disney states new technology will come. Those brand new computers from Windows and Mac that exist are in use, but still new to those without them. So finger scanners would still be new at DLR.

RFID has been tested for months and months at EPCOT, but they used finger scanners in conjuntion with it. These tests which there have been a handful of tested new ticket media and entry designs. Of these tested models there has been no winner proclaimed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast