Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Re: I.D. checks for DLR starting today (?)

I'm guessing it will be wave the RFID bracelet and scan your finger then you see the green light and the turn stile will let you in. We will see soon enough from all the stuff I have been reading
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Minion

Normally what people do, they buy a 3 day ticket and can't use the last day because they are busy so they just give it to their friend. instead of letting it go to waste. which doesn't bother me and isn't bad. I mean really... you rather follow the rules and let the last day go to waste?

other note: those finger prints (@ WDW) only work per day. like I use my own ticket w my own finger print Day 1. but Day 2 someone else uses my ticket w their finger print and it still works.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Its funny, you can still find ticket renters advertising today on Craigslist and so forth. What will they say when you have to present an ID and the next renter cannot use it?
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

A quick tip on lost tickets. Take a picture of the back of your ticket with your cell or camera. If you lose it, you can go to guest services with the ticket information they need to reissue the ticket. Not sure where I read it but it's a great idea.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    A quick tip on lost tickets. Take a picture of the back of your ticket with your cell or camera. If you lose it, you can go to guest services with the ticket information they need to reissue the ticket. Not sure where I read it but it's a great idea.
    Disney Dollars to churros, people will figure a way to turn it into a scam.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Today, 11:00am

1. The lines are long in the early morning.

2. Children do not need ID. But, they will assign a name to the ticket.

3. By 9:30am the 4-5 day lines are shorter than the others.

4. California Adventure does the same procedure.

5. For re-entry they do not check every ID. (I believe I know why but choose to not disclose.)

6. Ticket "renting" is illegal in Florida, but not in California. It is against Disneyland ticket terms.

I have observed the process several times, but do not want to give out more information that could help the scamers. It is not the best, but better than before where they were doing similar procedures at all gates. I think this will reduce the scammers, and allow Disneyland Resort to again sell up to 8 day tickets.

This will be replaced with RFID tickets / wristbands, or the Disney World System.

• Minion

Yeah I don't really see the whole point of checking i.d. for re-entry since u already have the hand stamp. But it's very odd they would sell 6-8 day tickets for 2 theme parks Cus I thought they expire in 2 weeks. That sounds kinda tiring to be go to Dlr for 6-8 days in 2 weeks but I guess

• Pooh Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    Today, 11:00am

1. The lines are long in the early morning.

2. Children do not need ID. But, they will assign a name to the ticket.

3. By 9:30am the 4-5 day lines are shorter than the others.

4. California Adventure does the same procedure.

5. For re-entry they do not check every ID. (I believe I know why but choose to not disclose.)

6. Ticket "renting" is illegal in Florida, but not in California. It is against Disneyland ticket terms.

I have observed the process several times, but do not want to give out more information that could help the scamers. It is not the best, but better than before where they were doing similar procedures at all gates. I think this will reduce the scammers, and allow Disneyland Resort to again sell up to 8 day tickets.

This will be replaced with RFID tickets / wristbands, or the Disney World System.

Are the same 2 turnstiles used at Early Entry as the rest of the day?

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    Yeah I don't really see the whole point of checking i.d. for re-entry since u already have the hand stamp. But it's very odd they would sell 6-8 day tickets for 2 theme parks Cus I thought they expire in 2 weeks. That sounds kinda tiring to be go to Dlr for 6-8 days in 2 weeks but I guess

Australians can purchase 14 day passes. If you are not local you could easily use a 6 to 14 day pass especially if you had a day off at the beach, etc. Perhaps the Aussies 14 day hoppers have a longer window of opportunity.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    make sure you save your reciept from time of purchase at the park so that you can also prove that you bought it there
    Except that my mother prepurchased the ticket from Costco. I am not sure if she saved the reciept or not. Ugh! And I appreciate the answers. I still am unclear if this means we have to go through this special line since the only person in my party with a 4 day pass and not an AP is my IDless three year old.

a little clarification please. Its been a few years since we've gone to the park. I buy my vacation plans thru Disney. Are my family names on the tickets we get? I don't recall ever looking.
    So Disney will now match the name on your ID to the name on your 4-5 day ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilly123 View Post
    Are the same 2 turnstiles used at Early Entry as the rest of the day?
    This is what I need to know. Do we go to Magic Morning turnstiles or 4/5 day turnstiles?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    Normally what people do, they buy a 3 day ticket and can't use the last day because they are busy so they just give it to their friend. instead of letting it go to waste. which doesn't bother me and isn't bad. I mean really... you rather follow the rules and let the last day go to waste?

other note: those finger prints (@ WDW) only work per day. like I use my own ticket w my own finger print Day 1. but Day 2 someone else uses my ticket w their finger print and it still works.

Did you buy your tickets for you and the other person in one transaction? If so, the system worked exactly like it was suppose to. You could have used the other persons ticket and you would have still gotten in. The system is designed to recognize family's/groups and groups all biometric data according to transaction. This allows for faster entry into the parks.

Also all biometric data is kept for the life of your ticket + 30 days.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grandson wanted to run back into DHS to get something at a souvenir stand, I believe it was. Mom handed him her ticket by mistake, and he was denied admission. He returned, and got his own, and that one worked just find. This happened back in August of 2009. They had the finger scanning things at that time.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

For re entry you dont need ID because they check your handstamp, proving you already have been in the park.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast