Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• some assembly required

I.D. checks for DLR starting today (?)

From another thread (IMO it needs to be placed as its' own topic, so here it is). Plz add info if you have it, as I don't know much about this as of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    New Disneyland policy starting today.....
    4 and 5 day passes must use seperate entrances where they check ID and enter the name in the computer.

EDIT FOR UPDATE:
    I just found out after making a couple calls, that kids tickets are not being checked for ID. Requiring a birth certificate would be insane. If we think about it, Disney would be losing a ton of ticket sales by denying the tens of thousands of kids who show up w/out ID since ppl don't commonly travel w/ their kids birth records.

Also, a friend and her party went thru the gates today and only the adults were carded (ID).
    Last edited by JMazz; 10-25-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: I.D. checks for DLR starting today (?)

Now there will be less abuse for multiple-days ticket.

Guess there will be less ticket renting companies out there now.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• I'm from Canada eh!

Good?

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Good?

IMHO? Yes, good! 'Renting' or 'resale' of Disney Park tickets by third parties (or anyone, I guess) is expressly against Disney policy*. I think it's one of the reasons for the rising prices of tickets. Maybe not a major reason, but a reason just the same.

I will have no problem in showing my ID with my ticket.

*I don't really have a problem with someone buying a ticket from someone else if they sell it for FULL RETAIL PRICE, ie, what they paid for it, even if Disney's policy is 'don't do that'. Like if I buy a ticket & can't go (thus the ticket hasn't been activated) and sell it to my neighbor for what I paid for it. I do have a problem with rental and scalpers. This is my opinion. I know others may disagree.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

It has its pros and cons.

Pro: Help to get rid of "ticket rentals" and ticket sharing. Which is very good.

Con: Those with 4 and 5 day tickets will be held up each time they enter the park. People with the 4 and 5 day tickets may go to the wrong line and then have to wait again in another line to get in. People with less than 4 and 5 day tickets will slow up the few lines available and depending on the policy may have to go to another line.

I've seen many people already confused in the morning with early entry about where to go, I just hope this doesn't make it more confusing just for the general public to get figure out where to go. Isn't this already taken care of without having to show ID at WDW using biometrics? Is this the route Disneyland is headed and this is the first step in enforcement?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• DL College Program 97/98

I support this change, but am sad that it was needed and am sad for the inconvenience it will cause honest people.

I wonder... Will 4 & 5 day tickets have to show ID for reentry or will the handstamp take care of that?

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    I wonder... Will 4 & 5 day tickets have to show ID for reentry or will the handstamp take care of that?
    Handstamp should take care of this.

As far as I am concerned, this is good. I think it just knocked out about a dozen or so companies who rent tickets. Oh well. I hope those ppl find jobs soon and they are ok.

I also do NOT think this is part of the new system that is coming as a phase 1. I think this is a quick fix while the new system is on schedule for its' roll out. This quick fix is in relation to the number of ticketing issues that have popped up in the past year or two. The numbers are actually being felt by Disney, so that's gotta tell ya something! This info is based on what I know so far.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• DL College Program 97/98

Can guests with shorter tix use those gates too, or are the lines always longer at them?

They'll be longer and slower in the morning with people fumbling around with ID's and tickets, IMHO.

• Closed Account

People who take advantage of those ticket renting companies will get what they deserve IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    People who take advantage of those ticket renting companies will get what they deserve IMHO.
    Sadly, some families will be caught. IMO some of them simply didn't think about the fraud aspect and were just trying to save $100. My boss' wife was all happy to tell me where I could get discounted tickets after she went last summer. I just ignored it and I didn't feel like calling her out. There were 4-5 tickets they rented so I'm sure it did save them a great deal.

Thankfully we can get discounted tickets, in our case the CityPass through my spouse's job.

•   
    • Minion

I don't feel sorry for people who buy fake tickets all. People have to do is use common sense to figure out if what they are doing is illegal or not. Hmm I want Disneyland tickets...wow these are expense oh but ebay has some for 200 less that must be legit..... And when you read you have to return the ticket that just makes me think they know they are doing something wrong.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Ticket rentals are not illegal. However it is against Disney policy. Disney cannot do a thing to prosecute ticket rental companies or the guests who use them. Disney can, however, enforce their own policies which would do a lot to slow down these types of businesses.

how do they check I D for kids?
    dang I was planning to share tickets with my cousins.
    That means they check ID and register the pass under the ID?

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast