queue changes???

I got this idea from the thread about the best (and worst) queues at the Disneyland Resort, for me I have always loved queues and i feel like they can really set the tone of the ride. Disneyland has some great queues (IJ, STTAC, etc.) but there are also some queues that are well lacking in imagination.

Now my question is: how would you change the queues around the park?

• Under that tree again!

Re: queue changes???

CS and MFW should get victorian styling, they are serious DCA 1.0 and CS is a lot like 6 Flags MM.

Monster's Inc is rather poor until you get inside. If it wasn't for the outer maze not being in use because of short waits it could use a change over.

• Banned User

I was under-whelmed by the LM queue. I dunno, I guess I thought it could have used some rockwork (undersea). On the rockwork could have been a few random props. They could have kept the exterior the same.

GSS needs some help too. But in my opinion the whole ride is lacking (great lil' coaster, but the theming is too bare-bones). Enclosed in a sky-light building with big puffy fake clouds near the top would have worked wonders. The queue could have reflected this.

I have never been all that happy w/ POTC queue. The landing/loading is brilliant, the queue not so much.

The Little Mermaid queue is supposed to be the likes of an aquarium actually. I personally don't mind it since one doesn't spend too much time waiting for that ride.

• Say no to screens

^me too
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Banned User

I'd just rather see queues that are interesting and make the wait pass easily. Indiana Jones is fun and interesting where Peter Pan is a lot of standing in the sun between rows of chains.

One other change; in as many places as is safe ( and possible ) please replace asphalt with something spongier to stand on. A lot of people I know who goes to the park complain about their feet or standing at one point or another. Make the ground a bit more forgiving. In some places they've already done something this like and that's appreciated but if they could do it everywhere, it's be appreciated even more.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    I'd just rather see queues that are interesting and make the wait pass easily. Indiana Jones is fun and interesting where Peter Pan is a lot of standing in the sun between rows of chains.
    That is true, but natural. PP is old and built for small crowds so like the other old FL attractions when they demanded a larger queue there wasn't room to build something highly themed just put a maze on the pathway. The same is true for well themed queues like Splash and HM when the super crowds demand extra queue space. Indiana is placed far off the main pathway and submerged between attractions so it lent itself to themeing.

Also the well themed queues is something that evolved in design long after FL in DL was built. They were consciencely built as part of attractions later on.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Space Mountain - outdoor section needs a theme, but don't do too much to change the interior corridor.

There are several that could be better, but can't really be changed due to space limitations such as most of the dark rides, Paradise Pier rides, Matterhorn, Finding Nemo, everything in a bug's land, and the spinners and other simple rides/meet-and-greets. They could dress them up a little bit, but none of them really have room for anything too fancy. Some queues that could use work, IMO, are Soarin' Over California and The Little Mermaid. Soarin's queue is boring and kind of confusing since it doesn't really go with the ride. The Little Mermaid loads so fast it doesn't really need to a huge, fancy queue, but the loading area is very boring and doesn't really get you pumped up for the ride. Even a much smaller and simpler queue like Mr. Toad gets more excited for the ride. Plus the way they handle GACs there kind of annoys me.

I think the queues I'd like them to take another stab at are the ones for the big E-ticket FastPass attractions that weren't designed with FastPass in mind. Two that confuse me greatly are Indy and Space Mountain. When FastPass first started on Indy, the merge point was right before the film room. Then they decided that they wanted everyone to go through the film room and watch the safety video so they moved the merge to the temple entrance. The result is that much of the queue is wasted, on hot/cold days the standby queue is mostly outdoors, line jumping is fairly easy to accomplish, and the single rider problems aren't solved. On the other hand, Space Mountain also originally had their merge point inside. I'm not sure why it was moved outside. I had heard that Disney wanted to keep standby and FastPass lines away from each other since standby guests sometimes would harass the FastPass guests, but Splash Mountain still has both lines side by side with few problems. Anyways, Space Moutain's standby queue is probably one of the most uncomfortable on a hot day and everyone misses the safety videos. I also kind of miss being able to look at the ride from the queue although I think that was removed before FastPass. I'd really like them to take a look at both these queues and figure out a way to move as much into the themed, interior areas as possible.

---------- Post added 10-26-2012 at 03:30 PM ----------

Oh, wanted to add: this is more of a pre-show than queue thing, but I want them to remake the video you see in the Tower of Terror library. At the very least I would want them to adjust the film quality so it looks more like a Twilight Zone episode. It is really noticeable when the switch between original footage (the opening credits and the scene with Rod Serling) and the footage originally filmed for the WDW attraction.

I'd like them to eventually change the video and storyline completely to better fit with changes coming to Hollywoodland. It'd be great if they could incorporate a "moral" to the story like all great Twilight Zone episodes have.