Magic Mornings: How does it work, etc.?

any help on details for magic mornings? as far as entrance, number of people, etc...

• Banned User

Re: Magic Mornings: How does it work, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by JneratorX View Post
    any help on details for magic mornings? as far as entrance, number of people, etc...
    They alternate between Disnelyland or CA as to which one will open 1 hour earlier for people with the special access. On If for example a park would normally open at 8:00am on the day it had the magic morning you could get in at 7:00am... The people that are staying in a Disney hotel will show their room key and it allows them to do the magic mornings. I've also purchased multi-day tickets before and they sometimes come with a one day only magic morning (a 4 day ticket would only allow you to do the magic morning on one of the days, not all 4).

They work great for getting you in and on the most popular rides before the lines become huge, so if you use it don't waste it going to a ride that isn't popular to begin with, use it to head to the rides that will have the long lines later.

Also, they are real pain in the backside at CA if you walk near the main entry point because for some reason they have people waiting for the park to open inside the park but behind ropes... so if you walk by that area you can expect to have multiple cast members ask to see your room key... the last time I had them do that 3 times with one of the cast members being less than 10 feet from the other one that had just ask for the key... So if you do the CA it is best if you enter through the Grand Californian entrance and veer right when you enter to avoid the hassles of over zealous cast members card checking you every 10 feet.

Not sure if this is ever a problem on mainstreet in Disneyland because we always use the monorail to get in because it gets us closer to the rides we are looking for.

• The doctor is in

Basically if you are eligible for a magic morning you get into the park, either California Adventure or Disneyland, an hour before it opens to other guests. The exact amount is a little trickier to predict because you never know how many people utilize the privilege.

Like Thomas998 mentioned, it is a great way to go on some attractions before the lines get too long. I used the magic morning for DCA earlier this month and was able to ride Toy Story Mania and Soarin' Over California with a wait of less than 5min. It also is a lot easier to move around the park because it isn't crowded at all.

The only trick to remember about the magic mornings is the fact that all of Disneyland isn't available. You only get into Tomorrowland, Main Street, and Fantasyland. If you want the other side of the park you have to wait until the park opens to the rest of the public. California Adventure doesn't do that so if you utilize the early entry there you can go anywhere in the park.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

I didn't start this thread, but it is very helpful, as I was wondering the same. This is my second time staying at a Resort property, but my first taking advantage of early entry. Thanks for the tips.

• Under that tree again!

The first two replies inclue a grave error.

Magic Mornings are available once to a guest with a 3 day or longer ticket. They are held in Disneyland Park on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. You enter through the gates that have the Magic Morning ( versus Open or Exit) sign above them. You can get into Fantasyland and Tomorroland which short to medium waits. The Magic Morning starts 1 hour before the general Disneyland opening.

Resort Guests get Extra Magic Hours from check in to check out day with any other type of admission ticket or pass. Extra Magic Hours coinicide with Magic Mornings in Disneyland Park, and are held on the opptosite days in DCA.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

There is currently no way for AP's to get a Magic Morning, right?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    There is currently no way for AP's to get a Magic Morning, right?
    There is, stay onsite and you get access to Extra Magic Hours as I mentioned above.

The AP Early Entry program ended in September.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    The first two replies inclue a grave error.

Magic Mornings are available once to a guest with a 3 day or longer ticket. They are held in Disneyland Park on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. You enter through the gates that have the Magic Morning ( versus Open or Exit) sign above them. You can get into Fantasyland and Tomorroland which short to medium waits. The Magic Morning starts 1 hour before the general Disneyland opening.

Resort Guests get Extra Magic Hours from check in to check out day with any other type of admission ticket or pass. Extra Magic Hours coinicide with Magic Mornings in Disneyland Park, and are held on the opptosite days in DCA.
    So to clarify... are you saying that there are two programs? I remembered seeing the Magic Morning on the back of our park tickets but assumed it was the same as the Extra Magic Hours... I guess they need to clarify that the two things are different at the hotels, we had no idea they weren't the same.

Extra Magic Hours: the alternating one hour early entry into either Disneyland or CA.

And

Magic Mornings: a Tuesday,Thursday, Saturday Disneyland early program

If that is correct, then I have one question... Since the Extra Magic Hours are alternating from one park to the other, does that mean that the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday when Disneyland is also an Extra Magic Hour that line will be longer for Extra Magic Hour folks or is the Magic Morning that big of a factor?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas998 View Post
    line will be longer for Extra Magic Hour folks or is the Magic Morning that big of a factor?
    A couple factors are at force that make these days busier.

1. How busy is the day? A Sunday EMH in DCA can be worse than a quiet Monday EMH in DCA or quiet Tuesday MM in DL.

2. Because of a lot of changes not all guests know how it works. Some onsite guests go with 3 day tickets and assume they only get one MM or 1 EMH.

3. Also during long hours not every can get up early anough to arrive in time for these perks.

Early Admission Options | Disneyland Resort

suggestions on whether to FastPass RSR with EMH? or just to line up? or are both doable?

also is it possible to take ones time on BVS prior to doing CarsLand with EMH or must one rush to CarsLand to get on RSR?

thank you all for the previous answers

• Under that tree again!

suggestions on whether to FastPass RSR with EMH? or just to line up? or are both doable?

also is it possible to take ones time on BVS prior to doing CarsLand with EMH or must one rush to CarsLand to get on RSR?
    It not like a rush to RSR during EMH like it is from rope drop, but still most people head that way.

I'd leave BVS for later in the day, do the rides when lines are short, browse the stores when it's busy.

What I would aim for is doing RSR during EMH, if you get there in the early part of EMH you should have time to FP also. The EMH guests can get in the FP distribution line before park opening and are allowed in front of the regular guest coming in for Rope Drop. For example if DCA opens at 8am, ride RSR, and possibly other attractions, then get in the RSR FP line around 7:45-7:55. At 8am the EMH guest in thier own FP line will start getting FP the rope drop guests will be walked forward to get in line after the EMH guests. Doing this you will get your FPs by about 8:05.

This assumes that RSR is open during EMH which is not always the case. Also if you are on RSR, it's easy to ride something else before 7:55, Luigi's Flying Tires is good to get out of the way since it also gets a long line.

Why I say get in the FP line by 7:55 is really a buffer. The thing that must ideally be done is you are in the FP line by 8am. Don't dilly dally too much. If you don't get there by the time the park opens, you go all the way to the back of the line which could mean another 5-20 minutes of waiting for a FP.

thank you soooo much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It not like a rush to RSR during EMH like it is from rope drop, but still most people head that way.

I'd leave BVS for later in the day, do the rides when lines are short, browse the stores when it's busy.

What I would aim for is doing RSR during EMH, if you get there in the early part of EMH you should have time to FP also. The EMH guests can get in the FP distribution line before park opening and are allowed in front of the regular guest coming in for Rope Drop. For example if DCA opens at 8am, ride RSR, and possibly other attractions, then get in the RSR FP line around 7:45-7:55. At 8am the EMH guest in thier own FP line will start getting FP the rope drop guests will be walked forward to get in line after the EMH guests. Doing this you will get your FPs by about 8:05.

This assumes that RSR is open during EMH which is not always the case. Also if you are on RSR, it's easy to ride something else before 7:55, Luigi's Flying Tires is good to get out of the way since it also gets a long line.

Why I say get in the FP line by 7:55 is really a buffer. The thing that must ideally be done is you are in the FP line by 8am. Don't dilly dally too much. If you don't get there by the time the park opens, you go all the way to the back of the line which could mean another 5-20 minutes of waiting for a FP.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I loved the early entry last month. It was the first time I ever got up early enough to use it. We went into Cal Adventure and were able to ride Cars 3 times in 45 minutes. We were enjoying breakfast when the regular admissions were let in.

We were only asked to see our room key once before we ever went inside the park.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!