Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trip Report: Knott's Haunt, Club 33, Disney's Dream Suite

Just got back recently and had a great time and wanted to share my pictures. Enjoy

Day 1: Knott's Scary farm if you're interested.

Dukie-Dukie: 6th Annual Knott's Scary Farm Trip

day 2: Disneyland, DCA, Club 33, and Disney's Dream Suite.

Dukie-Dukie: Day 2: Disneyland, Club 33, Disney's Dream Suite

Re: Trip Report: Knott's Haunt, Club 33, Disney's Dream Suite

Great trip reports. As far as Haunt you completely missed out on two amazing other new mazes this year. Pinnochio Unstrung has become my favorite. Between the detail and talent I felt like I was in the actual story of Pinnochio. Also Dominion of the Dead. Between the detail and the talent this maze really had me screaming from fear (my husband and friend laughing as I was being terrorized by vampires). The detail inside this maze is right up there with Universal.

As far as lines thru mazes go we went twice this year once on opening weekend and on a Sunday. Both times there was no and I mean no conga style lines thru e mazes. Actually on Sunday Trick or Treat maze we were able to see the finale in the last room and the second time thru I actually had integration with one of the Green Witches . I must say that Knott's beats Univeraal hands down this year due to Universal with conga line style thru all of their mazes while Knott's was more controlled.

Trapped is awesome. However we found something even better, longer and just plain wow factor in Los Angeles.

Cool trip report. It's nice to have the hook up at DL!

---------- Post added 10-25-2012 at 01:53 PM ----------

Btw, what Yakitori place was that? Was in the one in Westminster?

Fun Knott's report! And just think - this time next year, you won't have to drive as far to get to a Roscoe's!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• a damsel not in distress

i want a friend like tom! hahah.
    great pictures; thanks for sharing!

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Selfie Expert

Looks like a you had a great trip! I had always heard that you can't wear tank tops in Club 33, but I noticed you said something about the dress code being more relaxed for lunch. I always wondered if it would be kind of a pain to have to worry about dressing comfortably vs. meeting the dress code for Club 33.

PS - Now I want a pair of light-up Minnie ears!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

spectroman: Yeah I know. We saw the new Roscoe's on our way to downtown Disney.

Tcadillac: The place is Called Izakaya Honda-Ya in Tustin. My friend that lives there said it was his second favorite yakitori place in the area.
    http://www.izakayahondaya.com/

Kellymcg86: I have done dinner there before and I feel it's a bit inconvenient when you're going to spend the day in the park. We had to bring extra clothes, put them in the locker. Set aside some extra time to go grab the clothes and change. Plus it's probably worst for the girls. LOL yeah the ears were cool!
    Last edited by sleekmr3; 10-26-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Re: Club 33

I really wish folks would dress themselves in a way that is respectful to the atmosphere of the club. :-(

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    Re: Club 33

I really wish folks would dress themselves in a way that is respectful to the atmosphere of the club. :-(
    I have to agree. I do understand wanting to be comfortable, but it isn't that hard to be slightly more dressed up for the Club.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Annual Passholder

Not to pile on, but I agree with everyone else. I appreciate that you have changed for dinner in the past, but while they meet club rules for lunch it would be nice to see more people respecting the establishment by at least wearing a polo shirt to lunch. I've been lucky enough to have been invited before for both dinner and lunch. Out of respect to both the member and club I made sure to wear a collared shirt and dress shorts to lunch (middle of summer) and slacks and a tie to dinner.

• Here's my 2 cents

you know what? im not gonna be nice here, where's the respect for the club? really? you got an invite to the Club?, great, you got the cash?, great. And you you know about how limited the access is to the Club, Right? Then effing Dress for it! over and over I see people going in there dressed like theyre at Applebee's and then go home and BRAG about gettting in the Club, Do you really understand? do you really get it? or is it just the bragging rights that matter? Nowadays its all about access, but nothing about the experience or the respect of the Club. Check out the Club 33 dream come true thread, that was for LUNCH, they get it and they dressed accordingly. these pictures are a discrace, and shame on Club management for not pointing out how tacky and inappropriate this was.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Very nice haunt report. Thank You for the compliment..and pictures.

Agreed, tomrules1955. But it occurs to me that if it was their first time and the member didn't guide them properly, they might have thought they were totally fine and didn't mean to offend. So the thing here for the readers is, please please put on like a polo shirt, no flip-flops, tank tops, t-shirts, and short shorts. (Regular shorts is fine for lunch.) You've all seen pictures of the inside of Club 33. Dress like you belong there!

• Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    you know what? im not gonna be nice here, where's the respect for the club? really? you got an invite to the Club?, great, you got the cash?, great. And you you know about how limited the access is to the Club, Right? Then effing Dress for it! over and over I see people going in there dressed like theyre at Applebee's and then go home and BRAG about gettting in the Club, Do you really understand? do you really get it? or is it just the bragging rights that matter? Nowadays its all about access, but nothing about the experience or the respect of the Club. Check out the Club 33 dream come true thread, that was for LUNCH, they get it and they dressed accordingly. these pictures are a discrace, and shame on Club management for not pointing out how tacky and inappropriate this was.
    This is the thread you are referring to: 33 Come True

Loved your report!
    For the love of Disney....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast