Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• keh!

Re: Do we overreact to much?

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I think we under react actually
    Wiiiiiitch!!! (j/k)

Yes and no. There have definitely been a lot of topics where I thought people need to relax, especially as a Disney fan (myself). But you can't help but be passionate over something you have enjoyed for years, and likely grew up with.

Then to people who aren't fans but enjoy the parks or films here and there, we always overreact. When MC posted a pic of the fountain in BVS spouting on the other side of the construction wall, I told my friend about it and he rolled his eyes at how desperate some of us are, hahaha. I thought it was a funny reaction.

It depends on whose eyes you look at it through : P

• Hello Dolly.

Definitely. Most little things on here are overreactions.

But with them comes the passionate fans who love Disney, so it's natural & glad there's a forum for people like us lol.

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I think we under react actually
    Sometimes this is the case. Some of us are stuck in our ways and do not care change, when a large amount of us feel disappointed at the "improvement" we are made to settle for.
    Disney has touched so many of us it's happy place, a family or the place you feel is home. It is difficult not to be passionate about something you really care about.
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Overact.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

jk jk

I think were fans...and we can only voice our opinions with our wallets and here....so what are we to do...just not say what bugs us about "changes" in the parks?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gomezaddams View Post
    Over reactions are better reading than under reactions. They are also more informative. Try these on for size.
    A) "We went on Pirates. The wait wasn't too bad. My DD liked it."

B) "On our latest trip to POTC, we noticed that the seagull is still missing from the Pirates hat. I don't know when we'll ever see it again, but I sure miss it & hope that Disney gets it back soon. The fog is really heavy in the fort scene. That adds a lot to the overall effect & they did a nice job in the last refurb."
    B is an example of a great post. What I consider overreacting would be situation C:
    "I just went on PotC last night and I am FUMING! Not only did they put more crappy movie-related stuff in the ride by adding a mermaid light effect, but now the music is COMPLETELY different and it throws off the ENTIRE ride. There is no point in riding this anymore! They can't even keep the fog levels in the battle scene consistent! Who is running these things these days?! No matter how many refurbs this abomination goes through it'll never been enough unless they get rid of Captain Crap Sparrow."

These don't benefit anyone unless you consider the catharsis beneficial. Yelling doesn't fix the problem, nor does it give that person any credibility. Opponents of change don't have to and shouldn't keep quiet, but there's definitely a way to say what you want to say without sounding extremely loathing.

• Musical Fireman

Yeah, I guess the reaction really just depends on the person some are more passionate than others and I would commend you for that. I never visited the parks much at this point and while I LOVE Disney, I also love other theme parks, plus in an situation I'm a half glass full person. While I can't find much good for say the current version of Pirates I'm just happy these attractions are still here, I find it quite easy to "overlook" Sparrow.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The media often referes to MiceChat as a "Disney watchdog group". You can interpret that however you wish.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The media often referes to MiceChat as a "Disney watchdog group". You can interpret that however you wish.
    I consider that a compliment.

.........but what do the Disney folks think of us?
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

^there worst nightmare

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• formerly very helpful

Actually, I'm impressed with how polite most people are on this forum, even with their passions. Although discussions sometimes do turn not so friendly, I also read appologies when someone is called on it, and most people disagree with respect.

So, No, I don't think people here generally over react too much.

But if you don't agree with me, you are WRONG!!!!!!

jk

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Actually, I'm impressed with how polite most people are on this forum, even with their passions. Although discussions sometimes do turn not so friendly, I also read appologies when someone is called on it, and most people disagree with respect.

So, No, I don't think people here generally over react too much.

But if you don't agree with me, you are WRONG!!!!!!

jk
    As the great Voltaire said "I might not agree with what you say I will defend to the death your right to say it." If that quote was good enough to Thomas Jefferson, it's good enough for me.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    B is an example of a great post. What I consider overreacting would be situation C:
    "I just went on PotC last night and I am FUMING! Not only did they put more crappy movie-related stuff in the ride by adding a mermaid light effect, but now the music is COMPLETELY different and it throws off the ENTIRE ride. There is no point in riding this anymore! They can't even keep the fog levels in the battle scene consistent! Who is running these things these days?! No matter how many refurbs this abomination goes through it'll never been enough unless they get rid of Captain Crap Sparrow."

These don't benefit anyone unless you consider the catharsis beneficial. Yelling doesn't fix the problem, nor does it give that person any credibility. Opponents of change don't have to and shouldn't keep quiet, but there's definitely a way to say what you want to say without sounding extremely loathing.
    Meaning no disrespect, I think that's completely backwards. The issue of "credibility" is Disney's responsibility, not their customers'. They're the multibillion dollar corporation who claim to have the #1 premium theme park product on the planet. They're the ones who charge (and upcharge) ever-higher prices. Disney's customers deserve to have Disney deliver on their own hype. And when they don't, the customers have every right to be furious. The idea that the Disney customer needs to avoid "overreacting" and that the Disney Corporation deserves to be treated with kid gloves because of a heritage that they themselves trash with every new upcharge is ludicrous and anti-consumer. It's not up to the customer to "fix the problem," it's up to Disney to deliver what their heritage, their hype, and their high prices promise.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-26-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    Definitely. Most little things on here are overreactions.
    Problem is, those "little things" always add up. We call it "decling by degrees" around here.

What you call "overreactions" are entirely legitimate criticisms from people who have seen the results of decline by degrees.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Meaning no disrespect, I think that's completely backwards. The issue of "credibility" is Disney's responsibility, not their customers'. They're the multibillion dollar corporation who claim to have the #1 premium theme park product on the planet. They're the ones who charge (and upcharge) ever-higher prices. Disney's customers deserve to have Disney deliver on their own hype. And when they don't, the customers have every right to be furious. The idea that the Disney customer needs to avoid "overreacting" and that the Disney Corporation deserves to be treated with kid gloves because of a heritage that they themselves trash with every new upcharge is ludicrous and anti-consumer. It's not up to the customer to "fix the problem," it's up to Disney to deliver what their heritage, their hype, and their high prices promise.
    Telling it like it is.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Blew By You

I think we react more with an appropriate passionate manner rather than overreact. Those who have overreacted have been dealt with. And there's gonna be more Disney news in which we react with passion. I can hardly wait for it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast