Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Musical Fireman

Do we overreact to much?

I read a lot of recent posts ranging from the windows on BVS to the changes to the CBJ in Florida and some reacted like they were completly taken out. I'm not being rude but I think we are known to overreact to much I understand were nostalgic and love what WDI did on BVS but there is no need to say RIP BVS when they just changed the windows. I can think of plenty other reasons to say that say fast food and character meals in CCT. CBJ I was also upset with the edits, but it could have been worse they could have scrapped the show. Once again I mean absolutely no offense and if I do then I'm sorry. I just thought this would be an interesting topic to debate on.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Closed Account

Re: Do we overreact to much?

Nope. I praise what they do right. And I complain about and mock what they do wrong. It's not my fault the parks division has done a lot more wrong than right lately (#1 being the rolling snowball like increase on ticket prices, #2 being DCA - those two, alone, cancel out everything good that's been done in the last two decades.).

• Minion

YES YES YES. I'm really turned off by the conversations that end with something about how things were better back in the day or whatever. I get that you have very fond memories of time gone by, but to imply on a Disney park fansite that things are virtually worthless now or to make a scene about how Disney is going to lose your business because they took out your favorite place to sit down or because princesses are getting new costumes is really making a mountain out of a molehill.

• Sondheimian

I'd say yes, sometimes, but hey, people care about it a lot, you know; some things are worth getting passionate about, though.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney

I think the discussions get too emotional. However, if those are your feelings it's hard to separate that from reality. It is easier to dwell on the negative as well.

I'm more of a newbie to Disneyland--I've been several times in the past 5 years. Maybe once when I was young but I don't remember it. I too get emotional about things I recall fondly but on these boards the quote from ohmyjustin, "conversations that end with something about how things were better back in the day" resonates with me.

I think the nostalgic overreactions come across quite differently from the quote by krack, "I complain about and mock what they do wrong".

I don't know, I guess I don't mind either type of complaint too much but the nostalgic ones wear on me and I quit reading threads based on that because they bore me & I simply don't understand where the poster is coming from. So, I try not to criticize although I don't read.

Overall I'd say the boards are extreme--criticism or overjoyous trip reports. Funny how that works.

• Minion

Sometimes yep, sometimes nope. I just posted in that thread about the windows. That stuff does matter. I don't think it's a case of rose colored glasses for times gone by, some of those days were better though. There was a time when it would be embarrassing that someone could post a picture from a competitors theme park as an example of how Disney SHOULD be doing it. The point is, people that love Disney are concerned that Disney isn't the leading edge and they so want it to be that way again.

• Long live the Fire Lord

Not any more or less passionate than any other 'geek' group. Look at how mad the bronies got when Wal-mart released a bronies shirt, with the classic MLP characters on it. Loos at half the stuff Star Wars fans complain about.
    Micechatters are just passionate.
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• I'm from Canada eh!

Yes. This site has really become a series of posts about how terrible that the Disney has become and how the past was always better. It`s really is a bummer at times.

• Senior Minion

"Overreact?" "Too emotional?" No way. Check out the forums devoted to video games, photography, computers... MiceChat is ultra-mild compared to what's normal for the internet.

For those who want Disney Happy Talk 24/7, there's always the Disney-run blog. They never let the reality of the lame games that Disney management plays with its customers and employees get in the way of pretending everything's pixiedust-perfect at the House of Mouse.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I've been here at MiceChat a very long time, and I have probably read threads on hundreds of different topics. Some topics are discussed repeatedly and never seem to go away. This very one is one of those.

Some call it overreacting. Others call it passion. Or nitpicking.

Let me just say that we have brand new MiceChatters each and every day, and with each new group we visit some of the same subjects. Subjects that are important to them. Some of these subjects are about things in the parks that have been there a long time. Some of the subjects are about the brand new things that are just happening, and they are excited about. Then you have the disappointments in the parks. Disappointing to some, but not to everyone.

I enjoy reading it all, because with all these new faces, I always learn something. New perspectives on a topic that is sure to repeat itself over and over again.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Yes. This site has really become a series of posts about how terrible that the Disney has become and how the past was always better. It`s really is a bummer at times.
    I agree with this. For instance, I'm going to the Disneyland Halloween event tomorrow night and I'm going in determined to have a half way decent plan and have a good time. Partly because of the reviews I've read here. But I also will try my hardest to just enjoy myself no matter how many people there are or how much candy I get.

But there is nothing wrong with being passionate about something. It shows that we are human

• HYDRA

I think we under react actually
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• The doctor is in

Overall I would say yes, but people are passionate about what they care about. People want their Disney experiences to always be fun and what they expect. When things change unexpectedly and the feel of the parks shift in a different direction people will react to it. Just the way it is.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Over reactions are better reading than under reactions. They are also more informative. Try these on for size.
    A) "We went on Pirates. The wait wasn't too bad. My DD liked it."

B) "On our latest trip to POTC, we noticed that the seagull is still missing from the Pirates hat. I don't know when we'll ever see it again, but I sure miss it & hope that Disney gets it back soon. The fog is really heavy in the fort scene. That adds a lot to the overall effect & they did a nice job in the last refurb."

The more passionate posters give me a lot more information. They notice things that I have just walked by before & missed. Windows on BV Street? Hadn't looked, but I will take notice next time. There are things that I care nothing about, like the new Princess gowns, but I found the thread interesting. Some people were bent about the sleeves. When I look at a pretty girl, the last thing that I notice are the sleeves on her dress. Might look at the sleeves next time. Then again, probably not.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

• Sock Puppet

OVERREACT!?!?!?!?!? ABSOLUTELY NOT! AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME THEN GET OFF THIS FORUM BECAUSE YOUR STUPID AND YOUR OPINION SUCKS....no but seriously people can sometimes but that is just because we are passionate.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast