Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: Candlelight narrators announced

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    No, your not the only one who feels that way. They really need to move this to the Fantasyland theater, it has outgrown Main Street.
    I'd put money on it that happens in a year. Because it means more seats to charge for.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    No kidding, once you're in the park you are pretty trapped until that thing is over.
    i know right!?? that is why i dread even being near main st when the candle parade is going on!

So let's get the info for the dinner packages with reserved seating out there. I have a three and a half year old daughter who will go nuts to see Burt from Mary Poppins!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i know right!?? that is why i dread even being near main st when the candle parade is going on!
    Yeah, last year we took the monorail out of the park. Long walk back to the hotel that night!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by mrsantora View Post
    So let's get the info for the dinner packages with reserved seating out there. I have a three and a half year old daughter who will go nuts to see Burt from Mary Poppins!
    Dinner ressies? for Candle parade?? i didn't know they did such a thing.... i know at Epcot they do, but not at Disneyland....????

i just read that the dining packages have not been annnounced YET

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I'd put money on it that happens in a year. Because it means more seats to charge for.
    That is a bingo.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    That is a bingo.
    ..and more money for Disney.....

do the narrators do a appearance fee? just wondering..

•   
    • Minion

I pretty much avaoid these days as well for the logistical nightmare they cause. Plus they don't appeal to me either.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Wait..the Candlelight Processional became a charged event?! It's not just an event that happens on those days at that time for anyone who is in the park?

• some assembly required

If one cannot get tix to a seated area, where does one stand?
    Also, does the processional start where the parade starts? I just don't want to be stuck on MS. I will let the fans have my seat, but I would like to view part of it from SWMall (I assume the the narrartor can be heard at many places thru the park and that the processional starts like a parade.)
    Thx in advance for confirmation/answers!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Wait..the Candlelight Processional became a charged event?! It's not just an event that happens on those days at that time for anyone who is in the park?
    In EPCOT they have a small theater stadium they use where you pay one way or another to get into it. They have done it there with many showing per year.

Strictly speaking the Processional is free, it runs in Epcot into the theater and in DL down the parade route or Main Street. Candlelight Processional is often used in reference to the whole event. In reality CP is just half of the event. The other half is the Candlelight Ceremony where the narrator speaks and the chorus sings.

In DL they do pay for seating, and free viewing around the outside since it's on "the steps' of the Train Station. The free viewing is mostly highly obstucted viewing on the fringe and down Main Street.

Dinner packages and other packages is how they sell most of the seating.

• some assembly required

..and more money for Disney.....

do the narrators do a appearance fee? just wondering..
    So odd that you asked this today, cuz I was doing some research on this topic.

Yes, they do. But some celebs give it to a charity. I don't know who gives away what, except for Miss Ringwald, it goes straight to her charity. And if a celeb pockets it, NO ONE should chastise them for it (since it is a pay check just like we would throw it into our pockets).
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Sshhh, being very quiet

In EPCOT they have a small theater stadium they use where you pay one way or another to get into it. They have done it there with many showing per year.

Strictly speaking the Processional is free, it runs in Epcot into the theater and in DL down the parade route or Main Street. Candlelight Processional is often used in reference to the whole event. In reality CP is just half of the event. The other half is the Candlelight Ceremony where the narrator speaks and the chorus sings.

In DL they do pay for seating, and free viewing around the outside since it's on "the steps' of the Train Station. The free viewing is mostly highly obstucted viewing on the fringe and down Main Street.

Dinner packages and other packages is how they sell most of the seating.

Ah ok, now I'm remembering the time when Jon Voight spoke, we were on the outside, not the seating area. And the time before that...we just happen to be on Main Street when it started going down the street. But that was back in 2006.

If you read in between the lines on the blog post and the reply comments it looks like the 1st and 2nd December performances are going to be on main street. They were very careful note the differences... wording was very very careful.

My guess is that the rest of them (Annual passholder ones) will be either in the fantasy land theater if they are able to finish that up in time or the festival area. I would bet that they wouldn't have a full orchestra either, but who knows they might.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    If one cannot get tix to a seated area, where does one stand?
    Also, does the processional start where the parade starts? I just don't want to be stuck on MS. I will let the fans have my seat, but I would like to view part of it from SWMall (I assume the the narrartor can be heard at many places thru the park and that the processional starts like a parade.)
    Thx in advance for confirmation/answers!

In the past the first Processional was down the parade route ending in Town Square, then a repeat performance was truncated. The chorus goes out of Town Square by the Opera house where parades exit. Then for the second run they go down Main Street only, coming back onstage by the Little Red Wagon.

The narration is only heard in Town Square.

If you don't get seat I mentioned this above you can view on the fringe of Town Square and on Main Street. Keep in mind there are lot of trees, including a Christmas Tree on the street sie of Main Street.

It's hard to get stuck anywhere and this is much less a crowding or access problem than people complain about. The set up crowd control just like during parades where you go down the access ways formed along the edge of the street. A inconvenience sure but that's all. A small problem that guests deal with every afternoon in Disneyland.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast