View Poll Results: Should DCA have 1 Maze!

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, Life is No Fun without a Good Scare!

34 68.00%
  • NO, I rather have 0 Halloween Themed attractions just like it's currently

16 32.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

DCA needs a Halloween Maze!

I am asking for ONLY ONE MAZE!!!!!! In the Stage 17 or Arcade in Hollywoodland. Besides DCA is mostly aimed towards teens/adults with all those thrill rides (ToT, Mickey's Fun Wheel, the 2 Coasters) and beer. This maze could be very scary with warning signs just like Space Mt Ghost Galaxy.

Now I know you people are like "Oooh Disneyland Resort is for kids & Families" But not all the time. DCA has A LOT of beer in mostly every land which is 21+ I can't even buy any!
    And you people will be like "go to Universals/Knotts" but I know Disney can do a better/detailed job than those companies. And just want to see what will happen.

Re: DCA needs a Halloween Maze!

Knott's had a twisted Alice in Wonderland maze called "Malice in Wunderland" so something like that would have been a perfect fit with the Mad T Party. Maybe with the blood downplayed a bit, though.

I say go all out with multiple mazes and beat knotts at their own game.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Minion

I don't think Disneyland needs this. Theres already a lot of 'scary' events already around at Halloween. However Disney do have these types of events. They have one in the Studios park at Disneyland Paris called Terrorific Night

The market for scary Halloween events like this in So. California seems endless. I was at both Queen Mary and Universal Horror Nights recently. Wall to wall people, 2 hour waits, an inability to get into more than 2-3 mazes per night (and I deliberately skipped Knott's due to this problem in previous years. NO such luck). Disney has two parks, I think they would be smart to consider an actual scary version. There seems to be plenty of folks to go around.

I think it'd be a nice add for DCA. Imagine having a maze like Pinocchio Unstrung but with Disney style props. That'd be wild.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    Now I know you people are like "Oooh Disneyland Resort is for kids & Families" But not all the time. DCA has A LOT of beer in mostly every land which is 21+ I can't even buy any!
    They sell milk too, so you can enjoy drinks with the 21+ too.

I feel what isn't is certainly not a maze, of higher aged party. As other stated there is a lot more upper age appropiate events that Disney would have to compete with. They are selling plenty of tickets to MHP without that.

• Team Hail HYDRA

hold on did he saw DCA is geared for older people
    NO KIDS???????????
    isnt that why they spent a biazzion dollers???

ok im just joking but a few mazes in Hollywoodland
    and a kid/family thing in the pier

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Minion

I wouldn't mind it would obviously be geared towards everyone and not teens like Knots or HHN

I was just watching a video of the Terrorific Nights event at DLP and while it looks like a cool event, it would mean that many children would not be able to be in the parks, as it is probably too intense for young children. I can't see too many people being too happy having to leave the parks because of an event like this... It just deosnt seem to me the business that Disney is going for...

I think there is a space for a PG-13 Halloween event in SoCal. I know lots of people that don't want to do Knott's or Universal because they don't like the gore and atmosphere, but want to have a good scare. Disney could do an event without slashers, zombies, or zombie redneck torture families. Their mazes could be based on Disney Villains, Star Wars, Marvel, Haunted Mansion, Twilight Zone, Once Upon a Time, Pirates of the Caribbean, Sleepy Hollow, etc. I would rather see something closer in tone to what Hong Kong does than Paris. In Asian culture, gore is not as accepted so you have films like The Ring that are scary, but never gory. HKDL had a vampires vs werewolves theme this year. Paris tends to be more in the vein of Universal. In the dark, it doesn't really matter if Leatherface or Duffy jumps out at you; you'll get startled either way. Personally, I wouldn't mind an event without the artificial feces smell Universal seems to love pumping into their mazes.

The thing is, they wouldn't be able to get away with the handful of mazes offered at the foreign parks. Halloween is not as big a part of their culture. I think Paris limits theirs to 7000 guests and HKDL's is included with general admission. A DCA event would probably outdraw Universal and Knott's on the Disney name alone. Universal sells out nearly every night and most people can't expect to see everything in one night without a front of line pass. Knott's does OK because it has so many mazes and shows (Universal only offers one show). I think DCA would need 5-6 mazes or roughly about the same number as Universal has. DCA has the advantage of having several high capacity rides to help soak up the crowds so it doesn't need quite as many mazes as Knott's. Plus some existing attractions could be given a Halloween twist such as Mad T Party, California Screamin', and Grizzly.

• Down Pluto!

...so in other words you want Disney to be just like Knotts. Why not just go to Knotts?

I mean just leave DCA alone. Those who don't want to celebrate Halloween for six consecutive weeks need at least ONE place to go.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    ...so in other words you want Disney to be just like Knotts. Why not just go to Knotts?

I mean just leave DCA alone. Those who don't want to celebrate Halloween for six consecutive weeks need at least ONE place to go.
    I fail to see how ONE maze suddenly makes DCA unattendable for those who don't like Halloween scares. People who don't enjoy roller coasters seem to do just fine at the park already, despite the overwhelming presence of coasters.

The point here is Disney is the best in the themed entertainment industry, and I for one an curious to see how they could "plus" the experience that already exists at other SoCal offerings.

I'm not looking for a copy of what Knotts offers. Disney shouldn't be forbidden from building a coaster because Knotts already has one, and the same is true here. I think we are all interested to see the themed entertainment king's take on "haunted".
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    I think it'd be a nice add for DCA. Imagine having a maze like Pinocchio Unstrung but with Disney style props. That'd be wild.
    Paradise Pier becomes Pinnocchio's Pleasure Island after WoC...

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post

No I want Disney to be Disney. Knott's and Universal offer things that I wouldn't really want a kid younger than 16 to see. On the other hand, Mickey's Halloween Party doesn't offer as much for adults. I'd like Disney to step up with an event that is scary enough for adults but not full of gore, sex, and off-color humor like Knott's and Universal. Personally, I like what Universal and Knott's offer, but there are plenty of people I know that do not. These same people love attractions like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Alien Encounter, Ghost Galaxy, and Tower of Terror where things do get a bit frightening but you never end up in a room of dead babies like you do at Universal this year. So why not let Disney take a crack at an event full of the "gentle thrills" they're known for? They could even dig up some of the plans for walkthroughs that were never built such as the pirate museum and museum of oddities.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast