Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mouse Maniac

Mickey's Halloween Party - attendance capacity?

I've read a few reports on here that it was crowded.
    Well, what is crowded in terms of the party? It's not a full attendance day, so it's not full. Does anyone have an idea of how many people they let in?
    The Disneyland operator didn't have a number.
    Also, how do they get the other guests to leave when it begins?

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party - attendance capacity?

It seems like that it is as many as they can sell. They have not divulged the actual number. It is far too crowded for my money. Some people have a great time, others not so much. Do remember that although the attendance cap is supposed to be lower, that a number of stores & restaurants are closed, so there are less places for guests to go.
    The wrist band is used to thin out the regular guests. There are a number of check points & seems effective.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gomezaddams View Post
    Do remember that although the attendance cap is supposed to be lower, that a number of stores & restaurants are closed, so there are less places for guests to go.
    Higher prices, fewer services. Once again Disney charges more for less.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Mouse Maniac

Hmm, shall be interesting to see what it's like, it will be my first time. I'm not worried about stores or restaurants closed. I'm going for the scenery and fireworks. I doubt I'll have a bad time.

---------- Post added 10-26-2012 at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    What is higher priced? Are you referring to the entrance fee or actual products or food costing more than a regular day at Disneyland?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatMickey<3 View Post
    Hmm, shall be interesting to see what it's like, it will be my first time. I'm not worried about stores or restaurants closed. I'm going for the scenery and fireworks. I doubt I'll have a bad time.

---------- Post added 10-26-2012 at 01:19 PM ----------

What is higher priced? Are you referring to the entrance fee or actual products or food costing more than a regular day at Disneyland?
    Pretty much everything. For instance, I went to the very first Halloween event when it was at DCA back in 2004 and paid $23 for the ticket. This year, we paid $69. Just one example.

Oh and are you going this weekend?

• Mouse Maniac

I'm going on Halloween.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatMickey<3 View Post
    I'm going on Halloween.
    Yay! Have fun, I'm going tonight. I'm ready with a plan to face the reported crowds!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by gomezaddams View Post
    Do remember that although the attendance cap is supposed to be lower, that a number of stores & restaurants are closed, so there are less places for guests to go.
    Also a huge difference in the number of guests in line and on rides. That is where most guests are on a regular day.

The thing that makes the park appear crowded, is that guests concentrate in certain areas. The treat stations, a handfull of character Meet and Greets, and the hub and Main Street for fireworks and the parades.

If all the same guests spread out on a regular day I think waits would nice.

• some assembly required

The cut staffing is where I think ppl really feel the pinch. My optimistic side is hoping for reports of better staffing.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

I was there for the party last night and after the horror stories I read here, was expecting the worst. It was not bad at all.

This was my first Halloween event, so I don't have any comparisons other than a regular weekend night and it seemed pretty light. The longest wait was for HM- 20 minutes. Many of the other rides were almost walk-ons or 10 minutes or less.

Some of the shops were closed, but staffing was fine. Only bummer, fireworks cancelled due to weather.
    Last edited by FlubberZorro; 10-27-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling

• Dreaming of next trip

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberZorro View Post
    Some of the shops were closed, but staffing was fine. Only bummer, fireworks cancelled due to weather.
    I am sorry to hear the fireworks was cancelled, that has always been one of the high points of the night. But knowing that they only cancel the fireworks to keep people safe would take some of the sting out. Trust me if a fireworks show goes bad, it gets real bad. Safty is important. Having said that it is still a real letdown not to see the fireworks.

I just came back today from my third trip to Disneyland this year. I bought the extra pass for the party on the 26th because I had to see what it was about. The decorations were nice, the treats but it was insanely crowded.

I actually found it far more crowded after the party started than earlier in the day, which was crowded to begin with. Understandably the mansion lines were very, very long.

The majority of the treat lines, great for kids I suppose, were so long in most cases that you could waste the majority of the night in just a few lines for cheap candy.

I love Disney, always will but I'm not going to go to one of these again in the future.

• Mouse Maniac

So, I went and I survived and was not disappointed. I don't understand people saying it was too crowded. I've seen the park WAY more crowded on a normal operating day. All the candy lines moved along just fine. Certain stores being closed? Who cares. I wasn't there to shop. Certain restuarants closed? Again...who cares! There were plenty open and the Halloween party had so much to do, eating at a restaurant would have taken too much time out. Understaffed? No. I didn't experience any of that.

Think about this. My estimate for the attendance is 25,000 guests. If each guest takes home two pounds of candy, that is 50,000 lbs of candy or 25 tons of candy!! The candy was distributed in cardboard boxes containing 30lbs each. 50,000/30 = 1666 boxes and there were 10 treat stations so that would mean 160 boxes of candy at each treat station.

I think the estimate of 25,000 guests is conservative. I am pretty sure disney limits the number of tickets to a planned for number. They do not sell all the tickets they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    For the love of Disney....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast