Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• AKA - DisneyChris

What type of show would you like to see coming to the Fantasyland stage in 2013?

What type of show would you like to see coming to the Fantasyland stage in 2013? I would love to see a big budget show performed there once again. I hope they also plan to make the theater look prettier, and the seating look less temporary.

I think they should do a revue of all the Sherman Brother songs, as one of the brothers has left us this past year. It could be a musical tribute to their Disney legacy. Lots of dance numbers, costumed characters etc etc.

The could do a medley of Annette songs as a big 50's sock hop dance number
    A Mary Poppins medley with dancing chimney sweeps
    The World is a Carousel of Color segment
    A Jungle Book segment
    Winnie the Pooh segment
    - Bring back the Scat Cats (remember those costumes?) and do an Aristocrats number.

The possibilities are endless. I would love to see a show like that.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• -

Re: What type of show would you like to see coming to the Fantasyland stage in 2013?

Stage version of Song of the South. That way people can see there is nothing wrong with the movie and Disney can finally release it on DVD.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Re: What type of show would you like to see coming to the Fantasyland stage in 2013?

I'd like to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Max, Chip, Dale, and Pluto all with the "talking Mickey" technology. The show could be similar to Philharmagic with the Toontown characters interacting with the animated feature characters. This way you get a show that appeals to both genders, you get to use music from the feature films, and it makes sense for a theater on the border on Fantasyland and Toontown.

• AKA - DisneyChris

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I'd like to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Max, Chip, Dale, and Pluto all with the "talking Mickey" technology. The show could be similar to Philharmagic with the Toontown characters interacting with the animated feature characters. This way you get a show that appeals to both genders, you get to use music from the feature films, and it makes sense for a theater on the border on Fantasyland and Toontown.
    I like that idea - but without Max - he is more recent, and I do not consider him a classic character. He is a syndicated TV character. Different caliber. And his spiky hair annoys me.

An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• former CM

In the day I want amateur acts from all over the SW, just like Disney used to have two years ago. And mixed in, I'd like musicians from the parks to do sets. Also I want some characters to do sets, like "Feats of Strength" with Gaston and The Beast.

At night (after the fireworks) I want "Disney After Dark" with Jessica Rabbit singing, and various other face characters performing too, though Jessica just jumped into my mind. And I want Cruella, the insult comic/MC. All her insults should be directed at other Disney characters and not at children in the audience.

• Minion

I would like a Mickey and the gang visit Disney stories so it could include many Disney characters.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    In the day I want amateur acts from all over the SW, just like Disney used to have two years ago. And mixed in, I'd like musicians from the parks to do sets. Also I want some characters to do sets, like "Feats of Strength" with Gaston and The Beast.

At night (after the fireworks) I want "Disney After Dark" with Jessica Rabbit singing, and various other face characters performing too, though Jessica just jumped into my mind. And I want Cruella, the insult comic/MC. All her insults should be directed at other Disney characters and not at children in the audience.
    The idea of Cruella being an evil MC is the best I've heard yet.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    What type of show would you like to see coming to the Fantasyland stage in 2013?
    Ugh. I hope they fast track plans to tear down the theater and expand Fantasyland with a new ride/restaurant.

• AKA - DisneyChris

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Ugh. I hope they fast track plans to tear down the theater and expand Fantasyland with a new ride/restaurant.
    I would be ok with that, if after they do that, they turn the Magic Eye theater back into an amphitheater, and use it for live stage shows once again. That is only because they have already said Captain EO is leaving soon. Disneyland needs a large outdoor theater. I think the former Space stage was a much better design and a much better location for this than next to small world.

Theme it to a Greek amphitheater where a group of foolish Greeks badly and comically try to act out the Greek classic plays and epic myths.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Team Hail HYDRA

A show about Walt's life

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    What type of show would you like to see coming to the Fantasyland stage in 2013? I would love to see a big budget show performed there once again. I hope they also plan to make the theater look prettier, and the seating look less temporary.

I think they should do a revue of all the Sherman Brother songs, as one of the brothers has left us this past year. It could be a musical tribute to their Disney legacy. Lots of dance numbers, costumed characters etc etc.

The could do a medley of Annette songs as a big 50's sock hop dance number
    A Mary Poppins medley with dancing chimney sweeps
    The World is a Carousel of Color segment
    A Jungle Book segment
    Winnie the Pooh segment
    - Bring back the Scat Cats (remember those costumes?) and do an Aristocrats number.

The possibilities are endless. I would love to see a show like that.
    I like this. My favorite show was Animazement. This sounds like it could be in the same calibre, but new and innovative at the same time.

I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to The Golden Mickeys from DCL and HKDL. I saw that show in Hong Kong and it was arguably better than any of the shows at the US parks that aren't Fantasmic.

I also like the idea of using the theater for live music after dark. Maybe a theme park version of the House of Mouse?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

One thing I have wished for years and years to come back would be Mickey's Nutcracker Suite. I saw it in 1991 and it seemed to be the only year it played. I think they should give it a more sophisticated feel and make it a permanent yearly Christmas offering. You can see the TV special of it which is actually a broadcast recording of the Videooplis/Fantasyland Theater production. Nothing gets you in the spirit like a Nutcracker musical.

• AKA - DisneyChris

I like that idea too Orbital - but will they charge extra to see it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast