Daily Calendar Disappointment

Hello everyone,

Reader of the site for awhile, first time post. I do love all of them great info that is always up, always great considering I would definitely consider myself a Disney newbie, the first time I had been to the parks since I was 5 was earlier this May. Thats....well that's more than a few years.

My girlfriend and I enjoyed ourselves a lot thought, and the opportunity to book another trip for early December to enjoy Disneyland at Christmas was too good to pass up. Looks good now especially since in the coming years it may cost more and more to experience a "Disneyland Christmas"

My one disappointment though, and again feel free to (hopefully) correct me if I am wrong, we are going December 3-10 and the entertainment schedule posted by Disney thus far looks rather....bleak. There seems to be a ton of things to do in DCA but even on the weekends in Disneyland, near the middle of the their holiday season, there are only the fireworks. No posted parades, no posted Fantasmic, even on Friday and Saturday. Greatly disappointed considering when we went in May, a quieter time, there were still daily activities; more so on the weekend too.

Was just wondering if this is going to be our reality, or if they just do not add all of the events until closer to the day, seems to be a REALLy unfortunate coincidence that the one week we are there is the week that everything seems to be put on hold

• Under that tree again!

Re: Daily Calendar Disappointment

The Calendar will update and reveal more details. It's not full that far out.

I will suggest that Fantasmi will only be on the weekend as that's the usual for that week. Parades will be every day.

Particularily with the Holiday items that will fill in as the news releases announce them.

Thanks for the quick reply to avert my mild oncoming heart attack.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Yes, I have noticed that the Disneyland Calendar isn't completed far ahead, the way the Disney World calendar is. The first time I checked this out myself, I freaked out as well. However, I kept checking back, and it filled in completely. Don't worry, you will know what's happening before you leave for your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    The Calendar will update and reveal more details. It's not full that far out.

I will suggest that Fantasmi will only be on the weekend as that's the usual for that week. Parades will be every day.

Particularily with the Holiday items that will fill in as the news releases announce them.
    Is it confirmed somewhere that Christmas Fantasy will run during Candlelight? I'm starting to get worried about ACF and starting to not like Candlelight for 20 Days as more and more days are added to DL's Dec Calendar and only Believe is shown.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    Is it confirmed somewhere that Christmas Fantasy will run during Candlelight? I'm starting to get worried about ACF and starting to not like Candlelight for 20 Days as more and more days are added to DL's Dec Calendar and only Believe is shown.

Yes the parade runs daily. However what they do on CP nights is only run the afternoon parade and not the evening parade. So I would expect a 2:30 parade but not the 5:30 parade.

Just a note, two parades are commonly on the busy days anyway so it's not like the CP will be cancelling a lot of possible parades.

• Pooh Fan

I bet they are finalizing exactly how the CP will work, and then will release the schedule for the parades and fireworks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by linkeq2001 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply to avert my mild oncoming heart attack.
    Sorry... I laughed at this... but isn't swampymarsh awesome????
    I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by tensixmom View Post
    Sorry... I laughed at this... but isn't swampymarsh awesome????

Yes!