• Sshhh, being very quiet

Thumbs up Mickey’s Halloween Party – Friday the 26th w/ pics and video

I attended the Mickey's Halloween Party on Friday the 26th. After reading some of the bad reports here I was a bit disheartened. However, I was determined to go into that event with a plan, such as a suggestion I saw here on the boards to start at Candy Treat Trails from the back of the park and work your way up.

Name:  DSCF7554.JPG
Views: 1176
Size:  71.6 KB

I got there around 6pm. There was no line to get into the parking lot. At this point, my kid finally figured out where we were going. It was surprise for him. There were no tram lines at all, we got right on a tram. There was no wait at the gate to enter. It was a bit crowded when we first entered but I really believe that is because they were cattling out the non-event people.

I deployed my plan of starting at the back of the park. I had intended to start at Fantasyland and the petting zoo area but we ended up first hitting Frontierland at the Golden Horseshoe. We walked into the Candy Trail outside of Golden Horseshoe which led us inside the building where the decorations were pretty cool

Name:  DSCF7557.JPG
Views: 1177
Size:  177.9 KB

Name:  DSCF7558.JPG
Views: 1173
Size:  191.0 KB

Name:  DSCF7559.JPG
Views: 1176
Size:  180.9 KB

I would have liked to have stayed to see the piano performer but we had more to do. That Candy Trail was 4 stations including the one outside the building. Bags were already starting to get full.

We then hit Thunder Mtn (wait time of 15 minutes) for a quick ride.

After Thunder Mtn, we took a picture with Peter and Wendy who were situated next to the entrance of the Mark Twain.

Name:  DSCF7563.JPG
Views: 1174
Size:  187.4 KB

Then we headed to Pirates (wait time was 10 minutes, it was around 8:30pm at this point). Then we walked through New Orleans Square to end up at the Candy Trail by Haunted Mansion. This was another set of 3 stations. It was time to bring out our extra bags.

We went back to the front of Pirates for the Candy Trail along the Rivers of America and caught the Cadaver Dans.

Name:  DSCF7572.JPG
Views: 1169
Size:  178.5 KB

Then we looped around Haunted Mansion towards Critter Country. The line for HM was the second longest line in the park at 30 minutes (Space Mountain was the longest as I will address later). So we decided to skip that for the time being and after visiting the restrooms and getting something to eat at Hungry Bear, we decided to ride Splash Mtn. It was as walk on as walk on can get, meaning, we walked through the entire queue then literally stepped into a log. So Splash Mountain wait time, uh...the 3 minutes it took to walk through the queue.

After Splash we turned and walked back toward Haunted Mansion where the wait was now 20 minutes long (however, I believe it was closer to between 10 and 15) and rode that. I loved the addition of Sparky in the Pet Cemetary.

Name:  DSCF7579.JPG
Views: 1167
Size:  77.1 KB

Name:  DSCF7590.JPG
Views: 1168
Size:  195.2 KB

Name:  DSCF7594.JPG
Views: 1164
Size:  189.7 KB

Name:  DSCF7589.JPG
Views: 1169
Size:  192.4 KB

Name:  DSCF7598.JPG
Views: 1164
Size:  133.5 KB

Name:  DSCF7601.JPG
Views: 1162
Size:  163.5 KB

Name:  DSCF7602.JPG
Views: 1162
Size:  128.6 KB

Name:  DSCF7607.JPG
Views: 1158
Size:  168.9 KB

Name:  DSCF7617.JPG
Views: 1157
Size:  180.2 KB

Name:  DSCF7620.JPG
Views: 1157
Size:  166.6 KB

After going through the Haunted Mansion Candy Trail one more time, we headed out of New Orleans Square to the dancing at Rancho De Zocola. All the pirates were out with Captain Goofy and Captain Donald. And could Donald dance! We ended up spending most of our time there because it was a blast! The CM’s there were also tons of fun and did a little routine. But Donald was a dancing machine!

Name:  DSCF7634.JPG
Views: 1155
Size:  168.7 KB

Name:  DSCF7635.JPG
Views: 1154
Size:  202.2 KB

Name:  DSCF7637.JPG
Views: 1153
Size:  190.5 KB

Name:  DSCF7642.JPG
Views: 1150
Size:  163.5 KB

After dancing we walked across the Hub to Matterhorn. At this point it was about 10:00pm and we realized the fireworks had been cancelled. I was not surprised as it was super windy. Small World was not running but we rode Matterhorn, wait time 20 minutes. I was so glad to ride Matterhorn as I hadn’t been able to ride it in years. After that there was another Candy Trail just in front of Matterhorn that had 5 stations. That was it for candy for us for the night because our bags were now completely full.

On our way out of the Candy Trail we saw the parade

Name:  DSCF7663.JPG
Views: 1151
Size:  178.4 KB

Name:  DSCF7664.JPG
Views: 1149
Size:  176.4 KB

Name:  DSCF7670.JPG
Views: 1146
Size:  187.2 KB

Name:  DSCF7672.JPG
Views: 1145
Size:  190.8 KB

Name:  DSCF7673.JPG
Views: 1140
Size:  195.5 KB

Name:  DSCF7674.JPG
Views: 1142
Size:  181.2 KB

Then we headed back around Matterhorn to Tomorrowland Stage area. Upon arriving at Tomorrowland some in our party decided to sit and watch the dancing. They had a DJ and Buzz and the Army men were getting their groove on.

I went to Star Tours, wait time, just like Splash, the 3 minutes it took to walk through the queue and wait for the doors to open to enter the ride. I intended to ride Ghost Galaxy while my sister and son would ride Star Tours but the Ghost Galaxy line was the longest that I had seen of the night, 40 minutes. I didn’t want them waiting for me so I went on Star Tours with them and honestly, I didn't want to wait that long by myself.

We then danced a bit then decided to get on Buzz Blasters because that was walk on. Then I noticed the line for Ghost Galaxy was alot smaller, 20 minutes, so I rode that while kid and sister went on Star Tours again.

Ghost Galaxy was just as scary as I remember. Now, I will admit I am a wimp. I do NOT watch scary movies, I don’t like things that pop out at me. That big red blob skeleton thing was flippin’ everywhere trying to grab and drag me to the depths of hell (I exaggerate of course but why not). I like Ghost Galaxy. The last part always gets me.

After that, the park was closed. We made our way down Main Street.

Overall review on the two main issues brought up in the past:

Castmembers:
    The CM's were super nice at all candy stations we visited and all around. Some tried to guess who I was and all had a smile on their face. Not one rude one in the bunch. I did notice that at candy stations there were separate CM's with red vests and flashlights pointing them at guests' wrists to make sure that they had their wristbands. They were a bit serious and had to get up close and personal sometimes to check all wristbands. I just made sure my wrist was visible to save them time. But I had zero problems with CM's (which is usual for me).

Candy Distribution:
    We walked out of there with
    6 BIG bags (and I mean shopping type reusable bags) full of candy. There was only 1 child in our group of 5. The CM's were generous with candy. Even my 62 year old father who wasn't dressed up got a big bag full of candy. Thank goodness we have a birthday party coming up in November that we will be using all this candy for because honestly, I would not even begin to know how I would eat as much candy as we got. I would start having to fill my office snack jars for the next few months!

General Negatives:
    • The fireworks were cancelled because of the winds. But that didn't surprise me as it was windy when we first entered. I even said "ah I bet fireworks are going to be cancelled" I really didn't notice.
    • We didn't get to see the villians when they came out at the front. That was only because we were not there at that time. At that time, we were dancing with Goofy and Donald at the Pirate area next to Thunder Mtn. Just as much fun to be had in my opinion. But I am sad I missed my photo op with the Shadow Man
    • We never made it to Fantasyland rides. But that was only because when we were between Matterhorn and the Teacups, we made a right (toward Matterhorn) instead of left. But honestly, no biggie really.

Overall, we had a wonderful time. The parade was fun. I liked the projections they had on Small World and on the Castle. So the question is....will I be budgeting to go again next year. The answer, YUP!

Thanks for reading
    Attachment 24696
    Last edited by clara; 10-29-2012 at 08:11 AM.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Re: Mickey’s Halloween Party – Friday the 26th

yAy! I'm glad you had fun! Thanks for the TR! We were there from the 21st to the 23rd and I'm working on my TR...just waiting for my Photopass+ pictures. We also had a positive experience at the party, but since the fireworks were my priority that night I'm glad they didn't get cancelled for us!

• I'm from Canada eh!

A wonderful possitive TR. Thanks for sharing!

• Seasick

Thanks for the report. Always nice to hear about these often controversial upcharge events.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Right on! Great TR, didn't seem like the crowds were that big of a deal unlike other nights that people have reported.

Thanks guys.

I also forgot to address the third issue that was brought up on these boards about the Halloween event.
    The crowds:

I'll just break it down to ride wait times at the times I rode the rides:

• Thunder Mtn - 15 minutes around 7:30pm
    • Pirates - wait time was 10 minutes around 8:15pm.
    • Splash Mtn - walk on (3 minutes to walk through queue then step into a log) around 9:00
    • Haunted Mansion - at around 9:00 was 30 minutes but when I rode at about 9:30 it was 20 minutes
    • Matterhorn at around 10:00 pm was 20 minutes
    • Star Tours around 10:45 was walk on (3 minutes to walk through queue then a few minutes to wait for the doors to open to get on the ride)
    • Buzz Blasters was walk on
    • Ghost Galaxy - 20-40 minutes through out the night (when I got in line at 11:30 it was 20 minutes

The times were from memory so they were estimates but close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    A wonderful possitive TR. Thanks for sharing!
    Awesome pics and vidoes!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Great report!!! I love seeing pictures of the Halloween stuff, and glad you guys had a great time!! Ah... brings back memories of the time we were there when it was in DCA!! Good times!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Great report!!! I love seeing pictures of the Halloween stuff, and glad you guys had a great time!! Ah... brings back memories of the time we were there when it was in DCA!! Good times!
    I think it needs to go back to DCA. DCA just seems more equipped for it.

• Doombuggy Rider

I am pleased that You & Your Family had a pleasant time (I'm also thinking bringing a child in costume does net you some things that adults or teens only do not get - but happy cast members means cast members getting breaks & things they require) ....

I am sorry the fire works were not going on (but when they do occur? Fantasyland is shut down to pedestrian traffic & the train is halted - which can be a pain & causes congestion of pedestrians in Main Street) ....

I tend to use Single Rider whenever I am with guests who do not want to go on a Ride & the line is rather long (you are allowed to do this), the hungry bear may not be my favorite place to dine - but eating anywhere else in New Orleans Square is impossible as it is either closed or becomes a dance zone) ...

I have to ask if Jack & Sally were out in New Orleans square for photo ops (& if it was too long of a line to attempt), yet I am glad to read about these Candy Station Zones (a new procedure that seems to be working? I guess TDA does listen to complaints!) ...

Happy & Safe Halloween to all -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    I have to ask if Jack & Sally were out in New Orleans square for photo ops (& if it was too long of a line to attempt), yet I am glad to read about these Candy Station Zones (a new procedure that seems to be working? I guess TDA does listen to complaints!) ...

Happy & Safe Halloween to all -

C J
    Jack and Sally were out but there was a line so we opted to not stand in it, even though the line really wasn't to bad. We headed to the dancing with Goofy, Donald and Chip and Dale.

Thanks!

• Goofy

nice trip report thanks

I'm so glad to hear a great TR for this party. I haven't had the chance to go yet, but plan on making every effort to attend next year. I was a little worried based on other trip repotrs that the magic and involvment from the CM's was diminishng. But it sounds from your report all is well and very fun.

I would have been disappointed in not seeing the fireworks. I last saw them the year before they made them an upcharge event. They are my favorite fireworks show of all. But I understand that Disney can't control the weather. But sounds like you had plenty to do even without the show.

Can't wait until next year and hope we have as good a time as you did.

• Minion

Great trip report! We went last year and had a blast! Wanted to go this year but the airfare out priced us!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!