Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: Now 1st in line for EARL of SANDWICH which opens, Fri., Nov. 2!

This topic is, shall we say, false, apparently. From another thread:
    I'm not really in line or even in Anaheim! Shhhhh!
    I was just trying to sound cool in this and in that other thread:
    LINK: Now 1st in line for EARL of SANDWICH which opens, Fri., Nov. 2!
    Sorry jcruise86, but not cool......
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by misterdisney View Post
    I have never gotten over I didn't come for the day of the 50th. I have never forgiven myself.
    MisterDisney, I won't lie to you. I never lie on Micechat. That 50th celebration was the greatest day OF MY LIFE. By far. If the afterlife is like "Groundhog Day" and that is my day, I'll have the happiest heaven in the history & future of all universes. Boy, ya never get those days back.

Now, y'all are probably wondering how these sandwiches compare and contrast with those served at the Earls in WDW's Downtown Disney, in Las Vegas, and in North Korea.

Better!

First off, lunch is free today! And these real attractive Early Birds (that's what they call the workers here) are feeding us by hand! When I asked if I could have TWO lobster tail sandwiches, but without the bun they said, "No problem!" When I heard that they had obtained an alcohol permit, I just expected overpriced beers. Well, just for lunch today, the best bartender from the Napa Rose is making drinks (all top shelf booze), though I wish they didn't cut folks off after three.

Wish you were here!

--The King of the Litterbox

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post

I thought everyone would know I was kidding! I like stories. (I think the great Aashee suspected something. Though when I met at Knott's Scary Farm in 2011 or 2010 he said something like how I seemed less awful in person.) Didn't anyone suspect I was making it up? From a few posts I thought I had amused a few people and that usually gives my day meaning. From the comments I thought I had made a few strangers laugh with this thread: PREDICTIONS for title of the 2014 promotion
    so maybe I was feeling comedically overconfident.
    Write the word and I will never try to be funny on Micechat again.

My daughter and I heard Orson Wells' "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast on Saturday, so I've had Phil Hendrie pranks on my mind.

If we (Mice) chatters have offended,
    Think but this, and all is mended,
    That you have but read my gas
    And helped my morning hap'ly pass.

Sorry 'gain I made up news,
    Please don't 86 Jcruise.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-29-2012 at 11:25 AM.

• a damsel not in distress

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I am happy to report that I am now first in line to purchase the first Earl of Sandwich that will be served at Downtown Disney's Earl of Sandwich shop this, Friday, Nov. 2! Because it's Halloween tomorrow I'm dressed as an "Earl of Sand-witch," so if you're visiting Disneyland this week please, please, please stop by and say hello to the cross-dressing monster who is first (or possibly still alone) in line. It's so very lonely, and it's surprisingly cold at night. Great news: the witch's dress makes it easy to inconspicuously replace wet Depends, though this might not look as normal after Halloween.

This had better be a REALLY good sandwich.
    i thought it was real, but then i hit some points (where i underlined) where i was questioning it, and then that last line i was like "no way is this real" and then i realized this was all in fun to show what some of us are willing to do for our beloved disney.

i thought it was funny, jcruise. i, too, like a good story; no 86ing from me

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• former CM

. . . jcruise86, but not cool......
    Disneymike, again, sorry! I just sent this personal apology to MisterDisney and I'm posting it here because it applies to you too:

MisterDisney, PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I was just joking about having been there. I joke around too much. Though sometimes like in this thread:
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/175197-predictions-title-2014-promotion.html
    I seem to make a couple of people laugh, judging from their posts.

I can honestly report that on Walt Disney's 100th Birthday (December 5, 2001), I went to Forest Lawn with flowers to leave near where his family members rest in peace. First I went to the wrong Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, then while driving to the one closer to Disney Studios on the hill in Burbank I felt so stupid, thinking, "Why am I wasting time and gas delivering flowers to a dead stranger?!" Then when I found his marker (I'd visited there twice before) I was happily relieved when saw that about 100 others had left flowers, stuffed Disney characters, and drawings of Disney characters with notes.

And I went to college in California so I could work at Disneyland, and I used years worth of airline miles to fly to Tokyo Disneyland. I think constantly about taking my daughter to Disneyland this coming weekend and to WDW in TWO YEARS. So I respect how much you wish you had been at the 50th. I think when I poke fun at the enthusiasm of fellow Micechatters, I'm making fun of myself just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    i thought it was real, but then i hit some points (where i underlined) where i was questioning it, and then that last line i was like "no way is this real" and then i realized this was all in fun to show what some of us are willing to do for our beloved disney.

i thought it was funny, jcruise. i, too, like a good story; no 86ing from me
    Thanks, BisforBrittney!

---------- Post added 10-29-2012 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup View Post
    Not bragging but my wife (then girlfriend) waited with me for the 50th on July 16th. We slept, in line, under the Maliboomer. Now that's she my wife I'm not sure she'd do it again.
    Sorry, this is

WRDup, I can relate. My "wife (then girlfriend)" went to Disneyland for her first time on our first date, and she did many more fun things with me like go to Raging Waters. Then after we married I asked, "Want to go to Raging Waters?" Her reply (in proper English accent), "No. We won't be doing THAT.")

Fortunately I have turned our daughter into a theme park-loving mini-me. And my wife is happy to get a day to relax on her own. (
    I hope I'm right about the "on her own" part! )
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-29-2012 at 11:42 AM.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    MisterDisney, I won't lie to you. I never lie on Micechat. That 50th celebration was the greatest day OF MY LIFE. By far. If the afterlife is like "Groundhog Day" and that is my day, I'll have the happiest heaven in the history & future of all universes. Boy, ya never get those days back.

Now, y'all are probably wondering how these sandwiches compare and contrast with those served at the Earls in WDW's Downtown Disney, in Las Vegas, and in North Korea.

Better!

First off, lunch is free today! And these real attractive Early Birds (that's what they call the workers here) are feeding us by hand! When I asked if I could have TWO lobster tail sandwiches, but without the bun they said, "No problem!" When I heard that they had obtained an alcohol permit, I just expected overpriced beers. Well, just for lunch today, the best bartender from the Napa Rose is making drinks (all top shelf booze), though I wish they didn't cut folks off after three.

Wish you were here!

--The King of the Litterbox

I thought everyone would know I was kidding! I like stories. (I think the great Aashee suspected something. Though when I met at Knott's Scary Farm in 2011 or 2010 he said something like how I seemed less awful in person.) Didn't anyone suspect I was making it up? From a few posts I thought I had amused a few people and that usually gives my day meaning. From the comments I thought I had made a few strangers laugh with this thread: PREDICTIONS for title of the 2014 promotion
    so maybe I was feeling comedically overconfident.
    Write the word and I will never try to be funny on Micechat again.

My daughter and I heard Orson Wells' "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast on Saturday, so I've had Phil Hendrie pranks on my mind.

If we (Mice) chatters have offended,
    Think but this, and all is mended,
    That you have but read my gas
    And helped my morning hap'ly pass.

Sorry 'gain I made up news,
    Please don't 86 Jcruise.
    There's no 86ing from me jcruise, I do enjoy your posts, No harm, no foul.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Under that tree again!

For what this is worth.

Mousewait tweeted it's opening today and if you mention thier tweet you get 25% off.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    For what this is worth.

Mousewait tweeted it's opening today and if you mention thier tweet you get 25% off.
    Nice!

• former CM

Thanks for the info, Swampymarsh & for the post, Disneymike!

I am looking forward to trying about four these Earl sandwiches:
    Link to menu: http://allears.net/menu/menu_eofs.htm

Then when I'm near Orlando's Downtown Disney or Vegas' Planet Hollywood,
    and I seek comfort more than adventure in my food,
    hopefully I'll know where to go for a favorite sandwich.

(Slightly off topic: The best sandwich I had recently was a turkey reuben at the Reagan Country Cafe when I went to D23s Disney exhibit at the Reagan Library. I tied one at the three pigs in DCA and it was good, but not as good.)

• formerly very helpful

We all need a little laugh. God knows I've offended more than my share of people while trying to be funny, so it's all cool, as far as I'm concerned.

But if I ever meet you in person, you owe me a sandwich.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    You waited in line for a sandwich?
    This reminded me of yesterday when I was wondering if they could install Fastpass for the Dolewhip stand ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    For what this is worth.

I also read on another Disney fan site that if you mentioned their Facebook page you also got the 25% discount.

They reported that hundreds of people were lined up and that the sandwiches cost about $1 more than they do at Walt Disney World. (Think of it as the better weather tax.
    )

I'll believe that hundreds are lined up when I see the photo. You can't believe everything you read on the internet.

•   
    • Seasick

If people were willing to line up when they dusted off the Captain EO film and threw it back on the projector, they'll be willing to line up for a sandwich.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• World Famous Gold Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    If people were willing to line up when they dusted off the Captain EO film and threw it back on the projector, they'll be willing to line up for a sandwich.
    Yes this is true - Disney folks line up for everything - if its Disney the line starts the day before. Like D23 Convention, Pass Holder Sale, Cars Land, One More Day, Disney Events, Adding Jack to Pirates, Captain EO and the list goes on. I have been in a couple of those long lines and will be in more Disney lines in time to come I am sure. If I live in CA and not AZ I would have came down and got in line. Anyways I hope the line is short when we come over. In Orlando everytime we visited the line for EOS was out the door so we had to see what the fuss was about and loved the sandwich.

Gold Mickey says:
    I own Disney and even I wait in Disney lines.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I'm not really in line or even in Anaheim! Shhhhh!
    I was just trying to sound cool in this and in that other thread:
    LINK: Now 1st in line for EARL of SANDWICH which opens, Fri., Nov. 2!
    I was about to say, "Pictures or it didn't happen, " Shame on you, JCruise86!! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by misterdisney View Post
    Yes this is true - Disney folks line up for everything - if its Disney the line starts the day before. Like D23 Convention, Pass Holder Sale, Cars Land, One More Day, Disney Events, Adding Jack to Pirates, Captain EO and the list goes on. I have been in a couple of those long lines and will be in more Disney lines in time to come I am sure.
    Die hard Disney fans will wait in line for ANYTHING!!!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

[QUOTE=The Disney Ninja;1056859340]I was about to say, "Pictures or it didn't happen, " Shame on you, JCruise86!! LOL!!

It's OPEN..... The line goes pretty fast.
    I had the "Best BLT" and it was very good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12