Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

•   

Re: Jungle Cruise boat came off the tracks... what an experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck2DaHead View Post
    Before techskip replied, I read your message as an insult. Especially the sleeping smiley face. I might suggest proofreading your messages. I took it as an insult and quite offensive...as if you were mocking him and then threw the sleeping smiley face as if he was boring you with his comments.

Anyways...back to our originally scheduled programming.
    Very surprised to hear this. I read JCruise86's comments and didn't see where there was an insult at all. If a reader is already predisposed to be on the defensive then someone else's genuinely complimentary words can be read as cynical. I've never known JCruise86 to say a mean thing about anyone, ever. On the flip side, I can think of one member here who has taken my sincerely complimentary words and come back at me with "What was that supposed to mean?" ( Predisposed to be on the defensive? )

No one's looking for a fight. These are genuine compliments. No need for the defensiveness.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Sock Puppet

Wait. What? The JC boats are on atrack!???????? i thought they were just driven by the CM.For reals, i never new they were on a track. great the magic of that ride is now lost for me..oh well.

---------- Post added 11-01-2012 at 09:45 AM ----------

Before techskip replied, I read your message as an insult. Especially the sleeping smiley face. I might suggest proofreading your messages. I took it as an insult and quite offensive...as if you were mocking him and then threw the sleeping smiley face as if he was boring you with his comments.

oh maybe i must be used to reading Jcruise's posts, but i didn't see it that way. I think that what he meant or was trying to say is, when the boats are on the track you can pretty much drive them sleeping because your on a track and it takes pretty much no effort.. hence the sleeping smiley face.. i am just guessing.So take it what you will..

either way, still shocked they do run on a track
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 11-01-2012 at 08:48 AM.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    Wait. What? The JC boats are on atrack!???????? i thought they were just driven by the CM.For reals, i never new they were on a track. great the magic of that ride is now lost for me..oh well.
    You're kidding right?

• Closed Account

As long as we're ruining the magic for poisonedapples, we might as well go all the way: The Mark Twain, the Columbia and the Subs are all on tracks too.

Sorry.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    As long as we're ruining the magic for poisonedapples, we might as well go all the way: The Mark Twain, the Columbia and the Subs are all on tracks too.

Sorry.
    So is Casey Jr.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    So is Casey Jr.

Buzz killers.....

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    No insult! I posted that and sent you a personal message because you were actually a leader on this attraction. I've enjoyed reading your Jungle Cruise posts and wanted your commentary, especially on the excellent way the compensated the guests for their interesting inconvenience.
    I didn't mean to seem rude so I apologize if my reply came off a such. I don't know for certain but I wouldn't be surprised if the lawsuit was at least partial motivation for the excessive compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Very surprised to hear this. I read JCruise86's comments and didn't see where there was an insult at all. If a reader is already predisposed to be on the defensive then someone else's genuinely complimentary words can be read as cynical. I've never known JCruise86 to say a mean thing about anyone, ever. On the flip side, I can think of one member here who has taken my sincerely complimentary words and come back at me with "What was that supposed to mean?" ( Predisposed to be on the defensive? )

No one's looking for a fight. These are genuine compliments. No need for the defensiveness.
    I quoted both of the above. It's not a matter of being defensive. Text doesn't convey emotion. So each individual that reads a post does so in their own way. I hadn't seen the thread and jcruise messaged me about it asking for a reply. When I found the thread and read through it I wasn't sure how his post was intended. It was posted prior to his message.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• California Adventurer...

I don't know what would be more fun... this or being thrown from the boat into the water lol (assuming I wasn't killed)

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Buzz killers.....

Mono-rail has a rail too!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Wow, something to cherish in your memories...I love quirky things like this that happen!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I don't know what would be more fun... this or being thrown from the boat into the water lol (assuming I wasn't killed)
    I don't think I would vote for being thrown into the water. Something about being immersed in green water sounds really gross.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Doom Buggy Driver

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Mono-rail has a rail too!
    N-No way... I refuse to believe this!
    So what, are you going to tell me that Space Mountain is a high-speed roller-coaster-type ride in the dark, and that we're not actually flying around through space?! Blasphemy!

Anyway, staying on topic, that was a really cool story, OP. I wish somebody had taken pictures/video, I would have liked to see what it was like.

Heh...this reminds me of a story about a Jungle Cruise guy back in the late 70's who was leaving his job at Disney. He made a big schtick about his last run doing the Jungle Cruise ride by jumping into the water letting the boat still go on its merry way while pretending to wrestle one of the crocodiles. He swam up to where the native village was and hid behind the warriors that usually stand up ready to throw spears from the bushes. Well....he had gotten a bucket full of the bamboo rubber point toy spears and when his pilotless boat finally came by started hurling them. Actually started one at a time, then started grabbing bunches and throwing em,LOL His comment was "whadda they gonna do......fire me?" heh. They all had a great laugh especially the patrons in the boat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234