Thread: Rumor

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

Rumor

My mom heard from an employee that they are going to combine Disneyland and DCA. I dont think that will EVER happen because it would be extremely expansive and a ton of other things. So what do you think of this rumor?

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Re: Rumor

Absolutely not true.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's Return
    My mom heard from an employee that they are going to combine Disneyland and DCA. I dont think that will EVER happen because it would be extremely expansive and a ton of other things. So what do you think of this rumor?
    It would never happen, it would just ruin the name of Disneyland, not to mention that DCA doesen't fit Disneyland at all. Disneyland is all about excaping reality, everything is hidden and away from the world.
    DCA on the other hand feels like every other theme park where everything is exposed. Its not totally a bad thing for DCA (it does hurt alot), but deffinitly not a Disneyland thing.

• Namaste and Good Luck

They want to combine us (in stores) to one contract...so we can work in both parks and WOD, but they would never combine the parks. Although people still call is California-land.
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

• Hooterville, USA

Oh yeah, I heard that rumor too! Probably because I think that's the only way DCA can survive. Anywho, nothing more than watercooler stuff.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Artsy Fartsy

It's totally a RUMOR!! If they did combine them there looking at alot of upset people.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've heard this as well...apparently it's been said that a 3rd park would connect Disneyland and DCA together. At least that's what I heard.

...but I really hope it doesn't happen. Imagine the ticket prices! Yeesh...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Justin
    Although people still call is California-land.
    We call it "The Overflow Park".

• the rum is always gone

how would that even be possible? Are they going to make a walkway that goes from Tomorrowland to Hollywood backlot? Or would they just destroy the esplanade? It just is not realistic for them to combine the two parks. Besides, we all know which side of the park would be completely empty if this were to happen.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc
    how would that even be possible? Are they going to make a walkway that goes from Tomorrowland to Hollywood backlot? Or would they just destroy the esplanade? It just is not realistic for them to combine the two parks. Besides, we all know which side of the park would be completely empty if this were to happen.
    If DCA was included with your Disneyland admission, more people would go there.

• Animatronic

There's a certain logic to it. Right now DCA is already part of Disneyland for AP holders and only $20 extra for single day Disneyland guests. As one park, a lot of duplication could be removed freeing up lots of land and cast members and Disney could easily justify a higher ticket price. An expensive multi-day super park with the Disneyland name might be a far easier sell than a crowded non-expanding Disneyland and a small half day park. I suggest they call the new super park, Disneyland X-treme!

OMG! I was at Whitewater on Saturday discussing this very same thing with a few friends. Perhaps a CM heard me, told their fellow CMs, and it got around somehow...

Sarcasm aside, I was debating this at Whitewater on Saturday...

I'm for it. Epcot is really two parks in one, why not the DLR. They might as well put an E-Ticket in the Esplanade, too. It would be amazing to see an attraction that straddles both parks, like a Matthorn with a DL and DCA enterance...

• Minion FOREVER!

Yes, this makes logistic sense, but thematically, it would screw up DL.
    Main street won't be the entrance anymore, the esplanade will. They'll have to build connections (tunnels, walkways) from the current DCA to both Adventureland/NOS to Condor Flats/Redwoods and TL to HBL. And they'll be pretty long as well. (look at a satellite map; it's almost as long as the walkway connecting Frontier to Fantasyland. And right now, DCA's not even intended to be
    anywhere close to being immersive as DL is.

One thing they might do is to just have one ticket for both parks for the while (which is effectively what's going on right now anyway).
    Last edited by nish221; 01-11-2006 at 03:15 PM.

• My Children's Father

They should just do away with the single-park admissions ..... find a price somewhere between the 1-day parkhopper and the 1-day 1-park ticket, say $70, and call it a parkhopper.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    They should just do away with the single-park admissions ..... find a price somewhere between the 1-day parkhopper and the 1-day 1-park ticket, say $70, and call it a parkhopper.
    Uhhhhhh then it would be one park.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!