Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Re: Disney to Acquire LucasFilm

I'm sure it won't happen, but Disney should consider rebooting Star Wars. The prequels were not fun like the originals, I think it's because of Lucas' decision to make Darth Vader Luke's father. He obviously was not his father in the original Star Wars, but Lucas changed it in Empire Strikes Back and tried to explain it in Jedi, making Obi Wan look like a fool.

Vader can claim to be Luke's father, like the devil that deceives, but is proven untrue in ROTJ. Also I heard that originally Han Solo was supposed to die. If he died at the end of ROTJ, as a hero saving the rebellion, it would have been recompense for his years as a scoundrel, and it would have made the end of the second trilogy melancholy, which would be a good set up for the final trilogy.

The storyline of Star Wars is very piecemeal. The problem with making the prequels after the middle trilogy was that movie special effects were better, so it looked like the earlier time of the prequels was more technologically advanced than the later time of the middle trilogy. Also the action in the prequels was more extreme, compare when Obi Wan and Anakin are running through the rolling space ship in the prequels vs the low tech garbage compactor in Star Wars. If you reboot the whole thing, you can start out with a lower amount of action, then build it up in the middle.

Also, the Emperor building a new Death Star in ROTJ was lame, it was just a rehash of the original. The rebel fighters should have attacked the Emperor's city with all the action of flying through the infrastructure of the buildings. Actually when I originally saw the previews of ROTJ in the theaters, I thought that they were flying through the Emperor's city, and was disappointed when it was just another Death Star. And the Ewok planet should be replaced by the Wookiees, like Lucas' original idea.

I'm not sure if CGI technology is at a point where they can make a truly lifelike human, but that would be the answer to recreating characters like Luke etc. and aging them appropriately through the series.

If they are going to expand the Star Wars universe, they need to start with a firm foundation, and the films they have, especially the prequels, aren't solid enough.
    Last edited by Disneykin Kid; 11-07-2012 at 02:40 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^they can't.....so what was the TV show for? Nothing, as cool as the idea is they've invested too much and would confuse most kids why they changed the whole story

Besides Cad Bane, Rex and even Lex are some really cool and deep characters and also make up for all the faults of the prequel movies

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    For a musical in Disneyland there would be none of the following:
    1) There would be no "File that under CS" scene=Disneyfication
    2) There would be no BA with pressed ham scene=Disneyfication
    3) There would be no Toad and Debbie attempted makeout scene=Disneyfication
    There are many more parts of the movie pretty unsuitable for a Disney Park production.
    Adapting anything to another medium will require some changes. For something like this, they would not try to replay the entire 108 minutes of the movie. Now, if Disney were to reshoot the movie and try to dumb it down to a G rating, that would be different. I don’t think adapting it to another medium is “disneyfying” anything.

So why even do it?
    I think making this into a fun musical would be entertaining and something people would enjoy. It would give people happy memories of their time watching the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykin Kid View Post
    I'm sure it won't happen, but Disney should consider rebooting Star Wars.
    I think there would be complete outrage from the fan community if this were to happen. It is going to be bad enough if Episode VII ends up throwing away 20 years of Expanded Universe continuity that was up until that point considered canon.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Adapting anything to another medium will require some changes. For something like this, they would not try to replay the entire 108 minutes of the movie. Now, if Disney were to reshoot the movie and try to dumb it down to a G rating, that would be different. I don’t think adapting it to another medium is “disneyfying” anything.

I think making this into a fun musical would be entertaining and something people would enjoy. It would give people happy memories of their time watching the movie.
    The whole thing would have to be re-written and then it's not American Graffiti. Plus, I'm not sure of the "happy memories" if Disney were to announce at the end of the musical that Milner was killed by a drunk driver and Toad was killed in Vietnam......
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• -

The whole thing would have to be re-written and then it's not American Graffiti.
    Aladdin was shortened when they made it into a stage show as well and it was still Aladdin. I think this can work the same.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Aladdin was shortened when they made it into a stage show as well and it was still Aladdin. I think this can work the same.

• Doombuggy Rider

Name:  epcotdeathstar-thumb-550x445-104311.jpeg
Views: 76
Size:  93.4 KB

[PREDICTION] now that they own Lucas Films, the Walt Disney Co will implement more STAR WARS / INDIANA JONES (maybe WILLOW as I still <3 that film) experiences into all of their Theme Parks because this will sell more merchandise per hour then a cast member manning a churro cart (lol) ...

All jokes aside, this is a WIN / WIN for Walt Disney & Lucas Film fans -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Name:  godzilla-facepalm.png
Views: 53
Size:  100.7 KB
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314