Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Disney to Acquire Lucusfilm

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    wheres a darth vader no when you need it?

Episode 7 is just going to ruin a huge 30 year old Ending to the series..what can they continue with?

good news is at least Indy and tours stays for a long time I guess...will this mean Leia might be a character soon or is it only going to be just vader and stormtroopers?

my wish would be to use the Timothy Zahn books as the outline. Any Star Wars fan should read those they in my opinion are awesome to follow Return of the jedi

• Rides against injustice

Re: Disney to Acquire LucasFilm

Did anyone else see that "Episode 7" in the announcement and think of that line from "Space Balls" where Yogurt announces "Space Balls 2: The Search for More Money"?
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Don't be confused. The majority of Disney fans like Pixar and like Star Wars. The majority of Disney fans are lukewarm on Marvel. Only the Marvel fans are really, really excited about Marvel. The rest of us are alright with Marvel, but question putting any of it in Disneyland. It's that simple.

In my case, I think there are too many Pixar attractions and inappropriately placed in Disneyland. Lucasfilms has Star Tours and Indy... one attraction each - I can live with that. That Jedi Academy thing out on Tomorrowland Terrace...I don't like it and avoid it but it is at limited times and not a continuous running thing - so meh. Now Marvel - I read or have read the comics, seen most of the movies, but do not think it is appropriate in DISNEYLAND. Even a Stark Expo, although that is likely the least obnoxious affront to Disneyland.

Do not want another Star Wars attraction.

My opinions, your opinions may vary.

It might just be me, but I'm struggling with the rationalization that Star Wars is ok to have one ride, but Marvel is not.

Do both not target the same demographic? Are both not stories of good and evil with superpowers and high tech thrown in?

I honestly can not understand that line of thinking that its ok for one to have an attraction but the other isnt.

And since now Star Tours is what a Marvel ride could become, its even harder for me to see this point of view
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Circle of Ancients

This is the real reason they bought LucasFilm (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Name:  425874_4160895334903_1695696001_n.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  15.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I just read that they bought pixar in the 7 billion dollar range marvel 4 billion and now this one 4 billion fricken nuts when you think about it lol

The Associated Press: Disney to make new 'Star Wars' films, buy Lucas co
    I see ticket prices being raised soon.

• Element of Laughter

I always thought that if Walt had still been alive, the original Star Wars would have been released by Disney. . .
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    my wish would be to use the Timothy Zahn books as the outline. Any Star Wars fan should read those they in my opinion are awesome to follow Return of the jedi
    YES!

Star Wars EU please! Sadly, I feel like George already has a rough idea of 7, 8, and 9. We'll see!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    YES!

Star Wars EU please! Sadly, I feel like George already has a rough idea of 7, 8, and 9. We'll see!
    Being that hes only a "Creative Consultant" now, they can choose not to listen to him
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Don't be confused. The majority of Disney fans like Pixar and like Star Wars. The majority of Disney fans are lukewarm on Marvel. Only the Marvel fans are really, really excited about Marvel. The rest of us are alright with Marvel, but question putting any of it in Disneyland. It's that simple.

In my case, I think there are too many Pixar attractions and inappropriately placed in Disneyland. Lucasfilms has Star Tours and Indy... one attraction each - I can live with that. That Jedi Academy thing out on Tomorrowland Terrace...I don't like it and avoid it but it is at limited times and not a continuous running thing - so meh. Now Marvel - I read or have read the comics, seen most of the movies, but do not think it is appropriate in DISNEYLAND. Even a Stark Expo, although that is likely the least obnoxious affront to Disneyland.

Do not want another Star Wars attraction.

My opinions, your opinions may vary.
    Great post, same here.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    This is the real reason they bought LucasFilm (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Name:  425874_4160895334903_1695696001_n.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  15.8 KB
    They could have done that before this. Howard is a Marvel character and Disney already owns him.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I'm a Lutheran

My own assumption at the moment is that they're going to cover what happened in between the trilogies...or go WAY back before everything even started (even the Old Republic books and games) and cover that time period. I'm sorry, but it'd be truly pathetic if they got young actors to play Luke Skywalker and the gang. It wouldn't look very good, lol. Hopefully they'll get in there and fix up all that CGI from the 90's. Heck, maybe even make Han shoot first again. Disney'll definitely do wonders for the franchise.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Hopefully this will work out good. More Lucas stuff in DHS will be OK & I love the star wars mickey & co

I only hope they don't start cutting back at the Parks to pay for all this. $4B would do an awful lot at the parks

• Not on the Jedi Council

Quote Originally Posted by disneydodgerbum View Post
    Does that mean Leia will be at the Fantasy Faire princess meet-and-greet?
    Probably, but she will be in her cinnamon bun outfit, not slave Leia. Sorry dude.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They could have done that before this. Howard is a Marvel character and Disney already owns him.
    I didn't think I needed to add a to that post.

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    YES!

Sounds like he has ideas but won't direct or write....wait a minute.
    That was the same situation for Indy 4. eeek!

He mentions he has them roughed out in this vid.

Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast