Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

• Hot FIRE!

Re: Disney to Acquire LucasFilm

Autopia to become now Speedertopia! Nemo Subs to become Gungan Submarine Voyage. Space Mountain to become the Deathstar indoor coaster. Buzz to become Stormtrooper Astro Blasters!

...As I see it

I wonder if the purchase includes the rights to Lucas's American Graffiti. Disney can create a new land based on defunct Disneyland attractions that existed in 1962. Then everyone would be happy.....
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Disneyland Man

Yeay!

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    - - Walt Disney

• Blue Skywalker

Option 1: Change all of Tomorrowland to Star Wars-land (the anti-Potter at USH) Space Mtn retheme by installing floor to ceiling screens, riders wear 3D goggles, projections change with each ride from space, to flying around Coruscant, to Hoth, etc. C- ticket for Starcade's two floors using same vehicles as Mater's Junkyard but moving along a track through show scenes, Terrace rethemed to Cantina, E-ticket to take the place of Innoventions, Pizza Port and Captain EO theater visiting several environs from the Star Wars Universe using suspended roller coaster instead of OMNI mover for a mild thrill, retheme Lightyear to Stormtroopers/battle droids/baddies shooter, retheme subs to Naboo, retheme autopia to sand speeders on Tatooine, retheme PM to Speeder Bikes or at least place "trains" of ships up there "flying around", Move AO back on top of PM station retheme to X-wings and TIE fighters (geez long post!) Option 2: Remove Innoventions, Pizza Port, Capt EO theater replace with Journey to the Center of the Earth AND 20K Leagues near Nemo. Option 3: Change Innoventions to OMNI or suspended coaster ride visiting different planets- hot, cold, rainy, foggy, windy, all sorts of different environments/creatures to see/smell/hear. Beautiful, bizarre, scary... Mild randomly placed scares

• Former Cast Member

I am stoked

• Minion

I don't see much changing at Disneyland, but you can bet your bottom dollar that DHS in Florida is getting some excitement coming up.

I'm practically laughing out of my seat from reading the panicked statuses on Facebook. O ye of little faith, watch your assumptions be horribly wrong!

• Circle of Ancients

Couldn't resist again.

Coming soon to EPCOT ... "That's no Moon, It's a Space Station (Earth)".

Name:  579220_4161224743138_1060109761_n.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  61.4 KB

• Dead men tell no tales.

Although I still hate the idea of Marvel in the park, good move on the part of Disney.

Other than ILM working on SFX on the odd movie, Lucasfilm isn't doing a whole lot in the realm of producing movies and I can see it being of more use in Disney's hands.

Being a big fan of the origianl Star Wars Trilogy (I don't mind some of the prequels either) I consider the saga complete and that any Star Wars episode after the fact would never be as good as the originals but now that Disney is doing it, episode seven might not be so bad after all.

FYI, Indy could be a bit challenging since Lucasfilm had a deal with Paramount.

In the Conference Call, Rasulo stated that they placed no value on the Indiana franchise when valuing the purchase, since Indiana is wrapped up by Paramount.

• Circle of Ancients

One thing I will say ... Disney, by all means do NOT let Jerry Bruckheimer anywhere near Star Wars or Indy. We are serious about this!!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Last I checked, Avengers was 3rd on the all time money list?
    In my mind Avengers doesn't feel like Disney so I forget that they actually own it.... I was thinking more along the lines of John Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by zebbie View Post
    Howard the Duck land anyone? j/k .....my first order of business would be to take that movie and burn it.
    Hey... I LIKE Howard the Duck! But then I like the Popeye movie with Robin Williams too.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• -

What will be really interesting is how this plays out with the comic book companies. Darkhorse currently is printing several different Star Wars titles, but Disney will want to print it "in house" with Marvel. It will be interesting to see what termination clauses are in the Darkhorse contract.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I'd love to see the Star Wars Episode 7 trailer be a world of color encore! How awesome would that be

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. BuenaVista St. View Post
    I'd love to see the Star Wars Episode 7 trailer be a world of color encore! How awesome would that be
    I would love to see a special screening of Star Wars on the World of Color mist screens and have the fountains timed to key points in the action.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Pilot EdForceOne

Name:  mickey.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  28.7 KB
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast