Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Disney to Acquire LucasFilm

Fresh off the rumor mill. Rumored for awhile though. Disney to acquire Lusasfilm for 4 billion. Hello Darth and Indy. It really is your home now

EDIT: Here is the official Disney Press Release

DISNEY TO ACQUIRE LUCASFILM LTD. | The Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA and San Francisco, CA, October 30, 2012 – Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas.

Under the terms of the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on October 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing. The final consideration will be subject to customary post-closing balance sheet adjustments.

"Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas," said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. "This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including Star Wars, one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney's unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value."

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of Lucasfilm, a leader in entertainment, innovation and technology, including its massively popular and "evergreen" Star Warsfranchise and its operating businesses in live action film production, consumer products, animation, visual effects, and audio post production. Disney will also acquire the substantial portfolio of cutting-edge entertainment technologies that have kept audiences enthralled for many years. Lucasfilm, headquartered in San Francisco, operates under the names Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, and Skywalker Sound, and the present intent is for Lucasfilm employees to remain in their current locations.

Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she will serve as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney's global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

The acquisition combines two highly compatible family entertainment brands, and strengthens the long-standing beneficial relationship between them that already includes successful integration of Star Wars content into Disney theme parks in Anaheim, Orlando, Paris and Tokyo.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-30-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Added Press Release
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: Disney to Acquire Lucusfilm

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Fresh off the rumor mill. Rumored for awhile though. Disney to acquire Lusasfilm for 4 billion. Hello Darth and Indy. It really is your home now
    Just saw that, jeez..
    Last edited by Disneymike; 10-30-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• -

Source please.

I don't think this is happening anytime soon.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Well... Star Tours is a Disney movie attraction now....

• My prices are INSANE!

It's starting to look like a real deal.
    Also Star Wars ep 7 announced.

Deadline Hollywood has it on their site.

UPDATE: BREAKING: 'Star Wars 7' Slated For 2015 Release As Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Deadline.com

Last edited by Crazy Larry; 10-30-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• I'm from Canada eh!

I'd love to see this happen.

• -

I stand corrected. Maybe this rumor has more teeth to it than I thought.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

If that article is correct, then...

The Walt Disney Company has acquired Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion in cash and stock, and announced a new Star Wars movie to be released in 2015.
    ...so be it Jedi. Interesting move on George Lucas part, passing the torch. So George, you just sold Lucasfilm for 4 billion bucks, what are you gonna do now?

"I'm going to Disneyland."
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• My Children's Father

It is happening. Mods, can you reclassify this as "NEWS", not "RUMOUR"
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

•   
    • Minion

Re: Well... Star Tours is a Disney movie attraction now....

I guess that means everyone will want it removed from the parks and treat it like Marvel..... I myself think it's a great move!!!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Funny how everyone was talking about this just a few weeks ago in the Marvel post. Welcome to the family, Star Wars.

DISNEY TO ACQUIRE LUCASFILM LTD. | The Walt Disney Company

• Parking Lot > DCA

• My Children's Father

Indy is now also a Disney Movie-inspired ride.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

•   
    • Minion

woohoo I like this

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast