Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Is Princess Leia an OFFICIAL Disney Princess Now?

Funny enough.. None of the princesses in the park are animated, and no one complains when they meet them, that they look nothing like their 2D self. So I'm assuming Leia would fit in just fine in that respect.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    So are we going to see Jar Jar and Howard the Duck walking around soon...
    Geesh, now there's a PTSD-inducing thought! I can hardly wait for the Howard the Duck ride.

•   
    • Minion

Corporate Disney: "hey Leia, get up on this float, here, we have a princess dress for you...you know how to wave and humor small children, right?"
    Leia: (turns slowly to stare at Corporate Disney, with that withering glare only Carrie Fisher can do)
    Corporate Disney: Or...um...here. Of course you can just walk around Tomorrowland. With your blaster? Sure. I'll just hide in this corner. Please don't hurt me.

---------- Post added 10-31-2012 at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Funny enough.. None of the princesses in the park are animated, and no one complains when they meet them, that they look nothing like their 2D self. So I'm assuming Leia would fit in just fine in that respect.
    I think the one issue is that people KNOW the Star Wars characters as specific actors -- even all the Star Wars tie-ins, books, merch et al illustrates Luke as Mark Hamill, Leia as Carrier Fisher, et al. That's perhaps tied to the characters a lot more strongly than it is with other live-action characters like Mary Poppins. IMHO in order to be successful they would need to cast actors who really resemble Hamill/Fisher/Harrison Ford as much as possible.

• film975

Sorry. I would never consider Leia in the same class as Disney princesses. Marvel has its own princess characters too. But I wouldn't classify them in that same class either.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I think the one issue is that people KNOW the Star Wars characters as specific actors -- even all the Star Wars tie-ins, books, merch et al illustrates Luke as Mark Hamill, Leia as Carrier Fisher, et al. That's perhaps tied to the characters a lot more strongly than it is with other live-action characters like Mary Poppins. IMHO in order to be successful they would need to cast actors who really resemble Hamill/Fisher/Harrison Ford as much as possible.
    Shes already appeared as a character at the Studios in Orlando along with many other Star Wars characters. Have a look at this Star Wars at Disney Character Central

However I really really doubt she'll ever be an 'Official Disney Princess', she's not going to pop up at the new Fantasy Faire, or join Snow White and Cinderella in any parade.

• Closed Account

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror...

In a way but I doubt she would start showing up as part of regular Disney princess events.

To run with the Jar Jar tangent -- I would love to get a picture with a Jar Jar character, just to make fun of it! The guy who plays him better wear a cup and some body armor, though, because I'm sure the most requested pose will be punching Jar Jar

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    No! Nonononono! God! No!
    This...ughhh.
    For the love of Disney....

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Wait. Since Disney owns Iron Man, does that make Captain America an OFFICIAL Disney Princess?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    So are we going to see Jar Jar and Howard the Duck walking around soon...
    We haven't seen Howard the Duck yet, why would we suddenly see him now?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Disney owns the rights now... therefore making her a princess under the Disney name. Will she be on par in the parks with other classical princesses, I think not. I don't think much will actually change in that aspect.
    Jeff Wayne

• My Children's Father

Maybe they could add a booth at the JTA that would open to reveal an animatronic Jabba the Hutt watching the show with his entourage (including Leia in chains). After the JTA show is over, Jabba could be seen napping, and Leia could then conduct a meet and greet.

When it is time for the Leia CM to take her break, Jabba could wake up, she would strangle him with her chain, and one of the Jedi trainers could come and cut the chain with their light saber, leading Leia off to the backstage area where she could grab a diet coke at the CM cafeteria ...
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dillamond View Post
    Wait. Since Disney owns Iron Man, does that make Captain America an OFFICIAL Disney Princess?

Yes.

Of course she is a Disney PrincessTM now, just like Giselle....

I wouldn't mind, Be it she wears that alluring slave outfit or the white outfit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast