Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: OK, Earl of Sandwich is now OPEN....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Sorry, folks, but blllechhh! People are lining up for that?
    I didn't like that picture either. In another Earl thread pictures from the Earl website were posted and those looked phenomonal. This bacon squished thing looked gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    When do the Fastpass machines go in for the EoS? Will they enforce the return window, or can I abuse the EoS FP for old time's sake?

• Sock Puppet

I have to agree... that's a pretty sad looking BLT.

•   
    • Minion

I love negative posts from people who have never had it..... I have had them in Vegas and I enjoy them. Are they the best sandwich ever I wouldn't go that far but I enjoy the ham and pineapple one a lot.

As far as that long line goes I am sure it will die down after you know the first day is over. Plus there is a 25% coupon you can use for the grand opening celebration. When any new retail establishment opens there is a buzz. I will wait till it's been open a couple week to try out the new location

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES FOR A SANDWICH?!?!?!?

This is unacceptable, especially for such a small order, especially for SANDWICHES, especially for California, and most definitely for such a high traffic location as DTD. I've had pizzas made & delivered in less time. This is not some typical restaurant dining experience. This is fast food. FAST food. It's called that for a reason.

They'd better step their game up immediately or just start planning their Grand Closing.
    ITA!!! What is wrong with them? The one in Vegas never takes that long for my experiences there. BTW, I think EOS is good, but they are nothing like Capriotti's - I have been spoiled by them and EOS seems like an upscale Quizno's compared to Capriotti's food-wise. Decor-wise, EOS is flashier and trendier (something I don't look for in a sandwich shop).

SoCalBMA said: "I heard from someone that it took them an hour to order and an hour to get their food and that was during the dinner rush."
    This is so unacceptable! TWO HOURS for a sandwich shop?

I had high hopes for this place in DTD - a quick meal at a decent price with some healthier alternatives. Fast food shouldn't take that long even if it is a dinner hour on a very busy day. This is such bad news... oh well.
    Last edited by JMazz; 10-31-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I heard of people waiting 90-120 minutes in line the other day. I can't even imagine.

They are decent sandwiches but it's not even close to the best sandwich I've ever eaten. This just goes to show how bad the options are at DL that a sandwich place (that isn't even as good as Jersey Mikes) gets that kind of line.
    I have had jersey mikes and I didn't think it was very good the 3 times I ate there. Just goes to show you everyone has different tastes. I love earl and the big lines will prove it is here to stay
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

That sandwich looks delicious !_!

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    ITA!!! What is wrong with them? The one in Vegas never takes that long for my experiences there. BTW, I think EOS is good, but they are nothing like Capriotti's - I have been spoiled by them and EOS seems like an upscale Quizno's compared to Capriotti's food-wise. Decor-wise, EOS is flashier and trendier (something I don't look for in a sandwich shop).

SoCalBMA said: "I heard from someone that it took them an hour to order and an hour to get their food and that was during the dinner rush."
    This is so unacceptable! TWO HOURS for a sandwich shop?

I had high hopes for this place in DTD - a quick meal at a decent price with some healthier alternatives. Fast food shouldn't take that long even if it is a dinner hour on a very busy day. This is such bad news... oh well.
    It just opened. It's like complaining that you're waiting 2 hours to get a new Iphone on the day of it's release.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Well, it IS a soft opening. What are soft openings for, right? To gain a bit of experience and work out any kinks that come up. I'm sure it's filled with all new employees too. They don't have the experience to handle the huge crowds that have flocked to Earl this week. Once time passes and the crowd dies down, I'm sure it'll run a little smoother.

And 25 minutes is like normal wait time at Earl. It's been like that the two times I've been to Vegas. Maybe even a little longer.

Give 'em a break. They have a soft opening for a reason. (I don't think I'll be trying the sandwiches this weekend though!)

• -

I completely agree. I'm not waiting 2 hours for something that looks like it was already eaten once and then stepped on. Maybe the other sandwiches look better, but that pic does not impress me.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I love negative posts from people who have never had it.....
    Looking at the picture that was posted, I don't have to try it to know I won't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    It just opened. It's like complaining that you're waiting 2 hours to get a new Iphone on the day of it's release.
    An iPhone and a dining experience are two different things.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I'm not really here

No, they are not the greatest sandwiches ever made. Angels will not sing out in immaculate choruses. Chuck Norris will not descend from the heavens to place the sandwich in your mouth for you. But they are not bad sandwiches either. I've eaten sandwiches all over the place from dives to fancy restaurants and on multiple continents. Earl of Sandwich makes a pretty tasty one. If you want some sandwiches truly worth of the "bllechh" then I can point you in the direction of a few South American slum eateries I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    A photo is also not a dining experience. As I said above, it is not the greatest sandwich in the world and I wouldn't wait more than 10 minute for one myself either, but I've been eating at the Vegas Earl of Sandwich for years and they are a good sandwich made with quality ingredients.

But, as with all things, to each his own. I just wish we could dispense with all the hyperbole that goes on.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    And if the new iPhones looked like that sandwich, I wouldn't want to buy them, either!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I love negative posts from people who have never had it.....
    If you are referring to me....
    No, I have never tried one.
    Yes, that picture of the squished bacon thing looks gross but...
    Yes, I will still try one.

I don't like the picture above compared to the website picture

Website photo

Name:  earl-club.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  72.3 KB

vs.

Photo of actual sandwich

Name:  BLT2.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  236.6 KB

But like I said...I'll still try it, just not sure I'll stand in a long line for one. Maybe wait till it dies down.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    A photo is also not a dining experience.
    True, but I can tell from the photo whether or not it's a dining experience that I wish to have. That photo did not impress.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    If you are referring to me....
    No, I have never tried one.
    Yes, that picture of the squished bacon thing looks gross but...
    Yes, I will still try one.

I don't like the picture above compared to the website picture

But like I said...I'll still try it, just not sure I'll stand in a long line for one. Maybe wait till it dies down.

wasn't aimed at anyone just seems there was a lot of piling on for no reason when a shop has been open for a couple of hours.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast