Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: OK, Earl of Sandwich is now OPEN....

Yes, wait times were 60-90 minutes to get food on Monday. It was also the first day of operation during a soft opening. Earl of Sandwich is also giving 25% off on all orders during the soft openings for a reason.

Soft opening, folks.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've eaten at the WDW and Tampa locations several times and I really like their sandwiches. They also have good salads. This is the first location for this small chain in California, so kinks need to be worked out. That's what soft openings are for. Plus all the food is made to order... they don't make your sandwich until you order it.

That being said, I could REALLY go for an All-American (no tomato) right now. The Hawaiian BBQ and Cannonballs (meatball sandwich) are good as well. The Holiday sandwich isn't bad, but the dressing made it a little too soggy for my taste. I've also had the Caesar salad a couple times. Not sure about the Anaheim location, but at the Tampa one, after 5pm they give you a free baked potato (with sour cream & butter) with your sandwich/salad to make it a "proper dinner". So far I've only seen this at the Tampa location (the WDW one does not offer this as far as I know).

I was excited, as I didn't get to eat one of their sandwiches when we visited Downtown Disney in WDW a few years back, but they look expensive for not much food. :/

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    If you are referring to me....
    No, I have never tried one.
    Yes, that picture of the squished bacon thing looks gross but...
    Yes, I will still try one.

I don't like the picture above compared to the website picture

Website photo

Attachment 24762

vs.

Photo of actual sandwich

Attachment 24761

But like I said...I'll still try it, just not sure I'll stand in a long line for one. Maybe wait till it dies down.
    But that's marketing, A food stylist made that sandwich.

Behind the scenes at a McDonald's photo shoot - YouTube Relevant

I hate long lines, so I will avoid Earl's.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by JM Disneyland View Post
    But that's marketing, A food stylist made that sandwich.

Behind the scenes at a McDonald's photo shoot - YouTube Relevant
    Yes I know its marketing. Just like how the pictures of the Burger King french fries are perfection on the boards when you order but a mangled mess when you get them.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I reserve judgment on the taste, but it seems a little pricey for the size. Still it is a less expensive option to some of the available dining at the resort. lets hope the lines die down to allow us to try it (as my husband will not wait 30 minutes or more for fast food.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• I Miss Carnation Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Yes I know its marketing. Just like how the pictures of the Burger King french fries are perfection on the boards when you order but a mangled mess when you get them.
    The real problem is that you should never assemble a sandwich, then attempt to take apart a sandwich and photograph it. That's the way ALL sandwiches look once you smoosh the ingredients together for eating then take them apart again. I challenge someone to take apart almost ANY sandwich and make it look good. (Oreo cookies being the exception!)

I routinely take apart my sandwiches to pick out ingredients I don't like and they always look worse once the sauce (mayo it looks like in this case) softens and coats the interior ingredients.

I've had this sandwich at Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney in Florida and it's quite good, and for $7 that puts it right in line with what WhichWich charges for a similar sandwich here in Burbank. I should also add, that I believe that Earl of Sandwich and WhichWich are very similar in terms of quality of sandwich.

So I think Earl of Sandwich Anaheim will do just fine, and I'm sure I'll enjoy one when I'm down there next time for lunch!

• socal native

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfn View Post
    do they give an AP discount?
    Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Ohh, I would like to know this as well!
    We stopped by to check it out last night. They looked super busy. The line was out the door and wrapped around the patio reaching the new ice rink at 9:00pm. There was an employee handing out menus to those in line and I asked about the discount. He said no, but right now they have a 25% discount to celebrate the opening which was available to everyone. He said he didn't know about the discount in the future either. But according to him there is no AP discount at this time.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
    The real problem is that you should never assemble a sandwich, then attempt to take apart a sandwich and photograph it. That's the way ALL sandwiches look once you smoosh the ingredients together for eating then take them apart again. I challenge someone to take apart almost ANY sandwich and make it look good. (Oreo cookies being the exception!)

I routinely take apart my sandwiches to pick out ingredients I don't like and they always look worse once the sauce (mayo it looks like in this case) softens and coats the interior ingredients.

I've had this sandwich at Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney in Florida and it's quite good, and for $7 that puts it right in line with what WhichWich charges for a similar sandwich here in Burbank. I should also add, that I believe that Earl of Sandwich and WhichWich are very similar in terms of quality of sandwich.

So I think Earl of Sandwich Anaheim will do just fine, and I'm sure I'll enjoy one when I'm down there next time for lunch!
    This is true. Hence, I will still go and try an Earl sandwich. I'm super curious now!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I like a nice soft opening.

• World Famous Gold Mickey

The one in DTD Orlando always had lines out the door everytime we went to DTD. It didn't matter when they always had people and because of that we tried them and loved it. Now the one in Orlando has been there a while and they have the experience. The one in DTD CA just open with all new employees - I really hope it will get as good as the one DTD Orlando. The last time we went to Orlando as soon as we got there we went right to DTD and ate at Earls.
    Earls please open one in Phoenix, AZ..........

Gold Mickey Says:
    Excuse me Gold Mickey coming thru to put my order for my sandwich......
    Hawaiian Barbecue Please.

•   
    • Minion

I hate this thread. I am hungry now lol. My preference is the Hawaiian One especially if you like Hawaiian pizza

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Hmm, someone has posted on yelp that they will have AP discounts, just not combining them with the current 25% off one.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

The line at 2:00 today was about 25 minutes long. Totally worth it!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast