Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Smile OK, Earl of Sandwich is now OPEN....

Sorry for the duplicate post... But, I think it needs a new thread...

It's OPEN..... The line goes pretty fast.
    I had the "Best BLT" and it was very good.

Re: OK, Earl of Sandwich is now OPEN....

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

Oh my that is some delicious looking bacon. Remove the tomatoes(allergies) and I'd be all over that sandwich.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

For those who wants to see how this Earl of Sandwich establishment in Anaheim looks like, I have recorded a full tour including what the hot sandwiches look like:

Just this past summer when I visited Walt Disney World in Florida, I had my first Earl at their Downtown Disney. I had the Full Montagu sandwich. Boy was it delicious!

I didn't realize they were having a soft opening this week for 25 percent off their menu price. I was very pleased to see that this is the first Earl in California.

It took us a total of about 25 minutes from the moment we ordered our sandwiches to the time we got our order. It costs 7 bucks for a hot sandwich. That's a dollar more than the other places. There is a very small indoor seating compare to a large outdoor seating. This Earl of Sandwich has an Open Kitchen layout, where you can see them making your food whereas in Walt Disney World, you can't see them making your food.

We got 3 different sandwiches. One was the Earl's Club, another was the Full Montagu, and 3rd was the Cannonballs. Out of the 3 sandwiches I definitely like the Full Montagu because it contains the most ingredients. More bang for your buck. If you scan to the last part of the video, you can see what those sandwiches look like inside.

The lines were very long at around noon. Trust me, once it officially open on Friday expect a long wait. I heard from someone that it took them an hour to order and an hour to get their food and that was during the dinner rush.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 11-01-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

OMG...that looks SO good!
    For the love of Disney....

$7 bucks? Either your hands are really big or the sandwiches are quite small.
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

Two questions, first are they open early enough in the morning to get a breakfast sandwich on the way to Magic Morning around 7am. Second do they give an AP discount?

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Just this past summer when I visited Walt Disney World in Florida, I had my first Earl at their Downtown Disney. I had the Full Montagu sandwich. Boy was it delicious!

I have to agree. I've been to Earl twice in Vegas. The first time I had their sandwich a few years ago (I don't remember what I ordered), I was not impressed and concluded Earl was super overrated. But I went to Vegas again this summer and thought I would give Earl another shot. I ordered the Full Montagu and that sandwich convinced me my first impressions of Earl was wrong. Way wrong. Boy, that sandwich was good.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfn View Post
    Second do they give an AP discount?
    Ohh, I would like to know this as well!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    It took us a total of about 25 minutes from the moment we ordered our sandwiches to the time we got our order.
    TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES FOR A SANDWICH?!?!?!?

This is unacceptable, especially for such a small order, especially for SANDWICHES, especially for California, and most definitely for such a high traffic location as DTD. I've had pizzas made & delivered in less time. This is not some typical restaurant dining experience. This is fast food. FAST food. It's called that for a reason.

They'd better step their game up immediately or just start planning their Grand Closing.

• Circle of Ancients

I heard of people waiting 90-120 minutes in line the other day. I can't even imagine.

They are decent sandwiches but it's not even close to the best sandwich I've ever eaten. This just goes to show how bad the options are at DL that a sandwich place (that isn't even as good as Jersey Mikes) gets that kind of line.

• Banned User

OK, fans of tuna sandwiches in SoCal....if you want the GREATEST TUNA SANDWICH YOU'VE EVER EATEN, head to the Milky Way restaurant in West Los Angeles, 9108 W. Pico Blvd. (at Doheny Dr.), 310-859-0004. It's owned and operated by Steven Spielberg's mom, Leah Adler, who's an absolute doll. Order the Tuna Stuffer, which is Steven's favorite sandwich. You won't regret it.

The Milky Way - West Los Angeles - Los Angeles, CA

Oh, I can't wait! I'm always jealous of Disney World food reports because of Earl of Sandwich, Goofy's Kitchen, and the food in Epcot. Now I can finally try one of those things, mwahaha!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

Sorry, folks, but blllechhh! People are lining up for that?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I heard of people waiting 90-120 minutes in line the other day. I can't even imagine.

When do the Fastpass machines go in for the EoS? Will they enforce the return window, or can I abuse the EoS FP for old time's sake?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I think a lot of people are going to be dissapointed in the Earl. The descriptions of their sandwiches sound fantastic, but all that we've had were weak--which is usually the case with chains--they try to please everyone and offend no one so they turn out a bland product.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I agree. It really doesn't look that good. And waiting 25 minutes? Not worth it at all IMO...

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast