Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Disney - Lucasfilm - Implications for a 3rd Gate?

People are saying they can move the Indiana Jones ride and Star Tour if there is a Third park. Have this ever been done before? I know of smaller rides being relocated like dumbo and Mad Tea Party,and COP moved to WDW, but two major rides?

They have several big properties/franchises that can be use in theme parks, LucasFilms, Marvel, Avatar. I can't see them build an entire park on one franchise and not use the others.I think a one franchise themed park can work if it was Marvel or Star Wars but you can't choose one when you have several. I can see a third park with LucasFilms, Marvel, Avatar and others.

I don't think these franchises targets only to Males and teens and adults.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Minion

Why would they move the rides? They fit in their current homes. It'd be a total waste of time and pointless.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• -

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Why would they move the rides? They fit in their current homes. It'd be a total waste of time and pointless.
    Exactly.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• My Children's Father

Not to mention space and money, the former being in limited supply in Anaheim, the latter being precious above all else to the WDC.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

How is it "pointless" if it opens up valuable space in DL to add future attractions and make even more $$$$????

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    How is it "pointless" if it opens up valuable space in DL to add future attractions and make even more $$$$????
    It's called cross merchandising.

Let's say they open a Star Wars park. Someone buys a 1 day 1 park ticket and goes to Disneyland. While in Tomorrowland, they ride Star Tours and decide that Disney did a great job with Star Tours and had their curiosity piqued as to what Disney could do with an entire Star Wars park. They then upgrad their tickets to hoppers so thy can visit the other park as well.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345