Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Land

•   

Re: Star Wars Land

I get where you're coming from Panda but on that same token, I'm sure today's kids don't "get" the attractions based on movies we grew up with either. I'll second Calsig's comments re" Pinocchio and Pater Pan, etc. With some people the movie came first, then the ride. With others there's the ride and then maybe one day they Netflix the movie and see what it was all about.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

I agree with fifthrider. I was 8 when Indian Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye opened and I fell in love with the ride. I had never seen any of the movies before and instantly i was hooked and wanting to see the movies.
    I don't think a whole theme park just themed to Marvel or Star wars would work. I think lands would work with an overall theme involving the 2.

• formerly very helpful

AS much as I love Star Wars, I have to agree. By itself, it's too limiting of a them. The idea I like the most has been the Heroes park. or perhaps Heroes and Villains park. It could organically include Star Wars and Marvel - including complete lands for each - as well as other Disney and public domain properties. Unfortunately, Disney isn't going to ask me.

According to the rumor, Star Wars Land will open in Disneyland Paris in 2015. With the Ratatouille ride, that's another good reason to go to France!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    They mean the "strawberry fields" lot that Disney purchased for $97 million or whatever, and is using partly as a cast member parking lot now. South of Katella and east of Harbor. I'd be in favor of an action/adventure theme park there, with Star Wars and Marvel themes. But I'd want a more imaginative and evocative name for it than just "Star Wars Land" or "Marvel Land." Star Tours could be moved over there, freeing up a prime location in Tomorrowland for something new. They should have bought the GardenWalk mall too, so they could build a transportation network connecting the 3 parks, the 2 malls, all the Disney-owned hotels and parking facilities with one easy-to-use transportation system.
    I'd name it Disney Studios Anaheim (DSA for short).

• Pilot EdForceOne

expect a lot of things to happen in DL long before you see a 3rd gate. The LucasFilm's purchase doesn't change any of that. Disney is going to be focused on getting those movies pumped out first - that was the thing they eyed.

Just because they bought LucasFilm doesn't mean there is going to be this huge new unexpected surge in theme park spending.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

I see 2 immediate possibilities and it has nothing to do with a third park.

Tomorrowland is the first location. The space there is completely under utilized. They can rebuild the People Mover Tracks and put in a ride. They can use the space on the former platform. The Magic Eye theater, the Autopia, and the Submarines can be configured into a Star Wars planet.

DCA has space next to Cars Land and behind Tower of Terror. It's a much smaller space, but since it is next to the Cadillac Mountains, Tatoonie would be a good choice.

---------- Post added 11-01-2012 at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    I'd name it Disney Studios Anaheim (DSA for short).
    DCA is already a pseudo Studios Park. It has the Pacific Auditorium entrance, Toy Story Mania, and the Tower of Terror ride.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    expect a lot of things to happen in DL long before you see a 3rd gate. The LucasFilm's purchase doesn't change any of that. Disney is going to be focused on getting those movies pumped out first - that was the thing they eyed.

Just because they bought LucasFilm doesn't mean there is going to be this huge new unexpected surge in theme park spending.
    But there could be. Honestly, Universal will determine how fast some of this stuff gets built.

---------- Post added 11-01-2012 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I see 2 immediate possibilities and it has nothing to do with a third park.

Tomorrowland is the first location. The space there is completely under utilized. They can rebuild the People Mover Tracks and put in a ride. They can use the space on the former platform. The Magic Eye theater, the Autopia, and the Submarines can be configured into a Star Wars planet.

DCA has space next to Cars Land and behind Tower of Terror. It's a much smaller space, but since it is next to the Cadillac Mountains, Tatoonie would be a good choice.

---------- Post added 11-01-2012 at 02:41 PM ----------

DCA is already a pseudo Studios Park. It has the Pacific Auditorium entrance, Toy Story Mania, and the Tower of Terror ride.
    Well, there's go that theory up in smoke then. What about Disney's Other Worlds (or DOW for short)?

• Minion

I still don't understand what people are saying about a third gate for Star Wars and Marvel. Like, do you all not get that there is more to Disney than just theme parks? That acquisition will pay itself off with the new trilogy and associated merchandise alone. There is no need for a Star Wars theme park (as much as we'd love it).

And besides that, let's say Disney did purchase Lucasfilm to make a new theme park. Why would that make sense? Star Tours and Indy are already represented at DL. You don't see a ride about the history of communication/science at Magic Kingdom...that's because there's already one at its sister park! That would be repetitive. I think all these rumors are either wishful thinking or just flat out jumping the gun

• -

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    DCA has space next to Cars Land and behind Tower of Terror. It's a much smaller space, but since it is next to the Cadillac Mountains, Tatoonie would be a good choice
    Is Tatooine in Northern or Southern CA? I can't seem to find it on my state map.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Maybe there could be a park for all the Disney-owned properties (Star Wars, Marvel) and keeping the "Disney" stuff reserved for the magic kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Is Tatooine in Northern or Southern CA? I can't seem to find it on my state map.
    I'm new here so correct me if I'm wrong....

I thought that Disney completely (and rightfully so in my opinion) abandoned the idea that everything in DCA was supposed to be California-themed during the time it was called "Disney's California Adventure". The "new" version ("Disney California Adventure") had no intention of having everything somehow based in California, but more themed as whatever (some California, some not) in a Disney park that just happens to be located in California. Is it just that people are stuck in their old view of the park's name?

I mean, Tokyo Disneyland has "Tokyo" in its name, but no one is up in arms that the entire thing isn't themed to Tokyo. ("Is Big Thunder Mountain in Shibuya or Koto? I can't seem to find it on my map of Tokyo.")

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I think Disney is just buying everything so eventually everything will be owned by them .... Heck who knows maybe they will buy universal next
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

•   

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I get where PiecesOfEight is coming from. For that matter, Radiator Springs isn't in California either, it's not even a real place anymore than the Toy Story boardwalk or the Bugs Life tree stump. If it bothers people so much that there's non-California stuff in DCA then let's just rename the park and be done with it. God knows it's already been tried to make DCA a park all about California and for 10 years we saw terrible attractions make for a mediocre park.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Nutty about Disney parks

I don't think Marvel and SW franchises can provide enough substance for a third gate park. (I would want the third gate to have a LOT more to offer than that.) Alot of people forget that IOA has numerous things to offer beyond Harry Potter or that there is more to DCA than just Carsland. Before coming up with SW land think about what the actual third gate is going to be. Luckily WDW can use DHS to provide a SW land over there cause they really need it (LOL).

My idea for DL...make it a miniland in Tomorrowland or something built around Star Tours.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast