Fantasmic And World Of Color

We are looking to visit Disneyland in at the end of February to beginning of March. We would like to do Universal Studios and Legoland as well while we are there so I am trying to find out what nights of the week World Of Color and Fantasmic are.

Also are there any dining packages that include premier seatings for both shows?

Thanks in advance

Re: Fantasmic And World Of Color

World of Color, right now, is nightly. I think you'll see it stay that way for a while. It's a popular show and a tremendous crowd pleaser, and doesn't require expensive pyrotechnics, live actors, or re-setting enormous props every night. In other words, expect it to be playing every night of the week. There's no reason for it not to.

Fantasmic, I don't know. Someone else here certainly can tell you! I know that Disney World's went down to two days a week a few years ago, then up to seven for the summer. I don't know what kind of schedule it has during the off-season, or how Disneyland's schedule for it is similar / different. At the very least, I'm sure it plays Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Probably Thursdays, too. Again, someone else will know.

As far as dining packages, there's not one that gives you the best viewing spot to both. In fact, keep in mind that Fantasmic's viewing is not ticketed the way that World of Color's is (which is both good and bad). There is a "dining experience" you can pay for for Fantasmic where you get a guaranteed spot and a box of dessert chocolates, but many say it's not worth the price and the seating isn't the best. Basically your strategy for Fantasmic ought to be to get there as early as you can to scope out a spot on the water. Keep in mind that there are no seats - you simply have to stake out a spot on the ground. Also, everyone sits on the ground during the performance, so pick a spot where your view of the water won't be blocked by a big head.

At California Adventure, you can get access to the premier viewing area of Paradise Park by purchasing an associated meal at either the Carthay Circle or the Wine Country Trattoria. Carthay's is the most elite (because it's the most expensive) and does provide a great view. Many here will probably say that you can get spots that are just as great by simply using the free Fastpass option and planning strategically. There are plenty of discussions about that all around here if you want to search for them.

Also, in February / March, you're looking at barely-there crowd days, so it's not like in June or July when you absolutely need a foolproof plan and a VIP viewing ticket just to get a glimpse of the action. Have fun!
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bkroz View Post
    Fantasmic, At the very least, I'm sure it plays Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Again, someone else will know.
    That is the usualy schedule for those few weeks after President's Day week and before Spring Breaks begin. Same with fireworks, but as mention WoC is nightly.

At California Adventure, you can get access to the premier viewing area of Paradise Park by purchasing an associated meal at either the Carthay Circle or the Wine Country Trattoria. Carthay's is the most elite (because it's the most expensive) and does provide a great view. Many here will probably say that you can get spots that are just as great by simply using the free Fastpass option and planning strategically. There are plenty of discussions about that all around here if you want to search for them.
    Rather good points, the meal packages don't guarantee better views, or the ability to arrive later and find a good spot. They do include food.

Also, in February / March, you're looking at barely-there crowd days, so it's not like in June or July when you absolutely need a foolproof plan and a VIP viewing ticket just to get a glimpse of the action. Have fun!
    While true, the weekend when F! shows will be busy, the midweek days done. This is also true for USH and LL.

For reference Presidents Day is Monday the 18th and that weekend everyone in the US has Holiday. The rest of that week is semi busy as some school, but far from all are on Holiday too. Spring Break when many school start 1 or 2 week breaks starts about March 15th and is very busy on the weeks surrounding Easter.

I don't think they bring back Fantasmic from weekends only until Spring break which is usually in April. But WOC is nightly.

ITA skip the food pkg with WOC because you really don't need it. The tickets you do get with the pkg get you closer to the water but that also means you are in the wet zone and in mid of Feb that may not be too pleasant. You don't get a physical seat and have to still stand for the performance.

For Fantasmic it is a desert pkg and they serve coffee and hot chocolate as well as other drinks and you do get waited on. The seats are physical seats you sit in (folding chairs) that are setup in rows so depending on what time you check in (yes there will be a line to pre-checkin) will depend on what's available. I am fairly tall so I usually opt for center section but am stuck with the last row..which doesn't bother me. I am willing to spend the $ here because 1.) I get to actually sit instead of stand 2.) I don't have to sit on the cold concrete waiting to hold my spot and 3.) Hot Coffee and Hot Chocolate at night with chocolates is pretty nice to have. They give you a ton of stuff. We usually eat a light dinner and then dine on the fruit, cheese and a few of the chocoloate goodies taking half of it back for later. Be warned the lid doesn't fit snugly and rather sits on top so if you bring an alternative container you can avoid carting that thing around.