Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Flat Stanley's Trip to Disneyland Oct 29th & 30th (Warning: LOTS of pictures!)

Not too sure if you remember me, but I ran into you guys in DCA in Bugsland! I had the same Shelby shirt on!

• Hello Dolly.

Re: Flat Stanley's Trip to Disneyland Oct 29th & 30th (Warning: LOTS of pictures!)

Loved the TR!

Hopefully Flat Stanley didn't have to pay an admission ticket.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    So cool! Love the character interactions!
    Thanks!! The interactions made it really fun - not at all a "homework assignment".

---------- Post added 11-02-2012 at 02:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Not too sure if you remember me, but I ran into you guys in DCA in Bugsland! I had the same Shelby shirt on!
    YES I totally remember you!!! I was so tempted to see if I could convince you and my husband to take a picture together because I think it's awesome when people have the same shirt on! (Yes, I'm that much of a dork)

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    Loved the TR!

Hopefully Flat Stanley didn't have to pay an admission ticket.
    Thanks!! Luckily he didn't, but he's technically only a few weeks old so we might have been able to get him in free anyway!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Thanks!! The interactions made it really fun - not at all a "homework assignment".

---------- Post added 11-02-2012 at 02:49 AM ----------

YES I totally remember you!!! I was so tempted to see if I could convince you and my husband to take a picture together because I think it's awesome when people have the same shirt on! (Yes, I'm that much of a dork)

Thanks!! Luckily he didn't, but he's technically only a few weeks old so we might have been able to get him in free anyway!
    My GF was tempted as well! We took a couple of pictures with the other 'Waldos' we saw on the night of the 29th.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    My GF was tempted as well! We took a couple of pictures with the other 'Waldos' we saw on the night of the 29th.
    Glad I'm not the only one who loves taking pictures of stuff like that! So awesome that you founds us on here!

• Doombuggy Rider

Lol ' ing @ Flat Stanley in a dirty POTC boat seat (someone please grab a can of lysol, please) & his suggestive (even though its not suppose to be) pose with a churro ... I definitely need to bring my Sock Monkey with Mouse Ears for thee 60th Anniversary (even though I risk everyone coming up to ask "ohmigawd, where'd you get the sock monkey?I want one!") ....

Name:  65_Face_Sock_Monkey.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  73.7 KB

I'm glad to see another great time @ Disneyland was had by all (even Flat Stanley)

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Awww, it's over? I loved this thread! Thanks for sharing your fun day with us!

P.S. - FANTASTIC SHOTS!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    Lol ' ing @ Flat Stanley in a dirty POTC boat seat (someone please grab a can of lysol, please) & his suggestive (even though its not suppose to be) pose with a churro ... I definitely need to bring my Sock Monkey with Mouse Ears for thee 60th Anniversary (even though I risk everyone coming up to ask "ohmigawd, where'd you get the sock monkey?I want one!") ....
    I would definitely be one of those people asking where you got him!!

---------- Post added 11-08-2012 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dillamond View Post
    Awww, it's over? I loved this thread! Thanks for sharing your fun day with us!

P.S. - FANTASTIC SHOTS!
    Thank you!! I'm kind of sad its over, too. It was so much fun!! Glad you enjoyed the TR!

• Doombuggy Rider

I would definitely be one of those people asking where you got him!!

Although I've made two Sock Monkeys from separate kits (one @ Michael's Crafts, the other @ JoAnn's Crafts), there is a merchant who sells Xmas Sock Monkeys (both Santa, or Elves, upon request) @ Knott's Berry Farm during their Holiday experience in late November through December (Ghost Town area, where all the hand craft merchants sell their items). I hope they return this year ...

Viewing one of these xmas sock monkeys gave me the idea to 1st knit a beanie and scarf, then knit a black cap with mouse ears for my sock monkeys (me Mum & Nan taught me how to knit & crochet - which I still do for the past 35 years now). I suppose if Disneyland offered Mouse Ears small enough for a newborn / toddler, I could put one of those on my sock monkey (or they could sell Mickey Mouse sock monkeys - I'd buy one of those immediately (lol) ....

There is something about items made by hand that I prefer vs mass produced items with a "made in china" tag (some people might consider Flat Stanley as just a piece of paper, but I consider him as something hand made from the heart) ...

sock monkey kits -

Get your Sock Monkey on at SockMonkey.net ( Sock Monkey Kits $13! )

Sock Monkey Kits | How To Make Sock Monkey | Make Sock Monkeys

Supersockmonkey.com - Sock Monkey Craft Kit

C J

• Selfie Expert

Thank you for sharing! I wish I knew how to knit or crochet, I admire that skill. I totally agree with you about valuing handmade items more than mass produced items, but I have to admit that if I saw a sock monkey with Mickey ears in one of the DL shops I don't think I could resist!

• Doombuggy Rider

Thank you for sharing! I wish I knew how to knit or crochet, I admire that skill. I totally agree with you about valuing handmade items more than mass produced items, but I have to admit that if I saw a sock monkey with Mickey ears in one of the DL shops I don't think I could resist!

I would encourage anyone to please take a free course @ their local craft store (its worth learning now that NV & AZ are in the low 30's during the mornings & late @ night as you may find yourself creating a quilt for the rest of the winter) ....

&, if Disney Store offered sock monkey mickey mouse (or perry the platypus), I'd purchase one immediately, too ... ;-)

Name:  6401891737_8d93b0b79a.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  129.4 KB

snow on Cajon Pass / snow on Mount Charleston -

C J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12