Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Flat Stanley's Trip to Disneyland Oct 29th & 30th (Warning: LOTS of pictures!)

Here is Flat Stanley's TR for his Disneyland trip! I'll be doing my own TR later. I hope you enjoy!

The "owner" of this Flat Stanley loves Donald, so we made sure to get a picture with his pumpkin version:

At the entrance

Have to get the sign!

Halloween at Disneyland

Probably one of the most photographed "items" in the park:

Besides this:

And, of course, THIS:

He got his own row in POTC:

HMH

Jack was the first character to meet Flat Stanley. He was a lot of fun! He was saying how they're old friends and it had been a while since he had seen him. I love how "expressive" he is... Yes I know it's a mask, but he still looks inquisitive to me in the first picture!

Gotta have a churro! My trip feels incomplete if I don't have at least one while I'm there.

Down in front!

Also to DCA

Chip and Dale always come up with cute poses:

MUST have a picture with the main mouse!

This actually was great timing since Stanley was supposed to be visiting us in Arizona... so it's a two-fer in that it has to do with Southwest culture! (Educational, right?)

Being a horselover myself, I of course had to get a picture of him with the horse on Main Street. It got even better when the CMs saw me and had their own ideas:

Good thing he's already flat!!

Wreck-It Ralph. We had to hold Stanley for him, because he's pretty much like the Hulk!

I don't know this character, but I guess she's in Wreck-It Ralph and drives racecars. I'll learn, eventually, since I plan to see the movie. :-)

Stanley chose to just take a picture with a sub rather than ride one, seeing as how he's made of paper and not a big fan of water.

He fits right in!

Good ol' Goofy

Personally, I adore the new dress.

Cutest Snow White EVER! Her voice even matched the character perfectly!

I have a great picture with a CM posing with Stanley on this ride, but I'm not sure the legalities of posting pictures of someone else? Anyway, ToT!

DCA

As you can see, Stanley had a pretty fun trip!! Thanks for all of your suggestions for picture ideas. The characters and CMs were all very willing to participate, and most were familiar with Flat Stanley. It was really fun for us!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Flat Stanley's Trip to Disneyland Oct 29th & 30th (Warning: LOTS of pictures!)

LOVE IT!

My favorite:

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Good thing he's already flat!!

It's cool how you got alot of characters to take pictures with Flat Stanley! Good Job!

• Selfie Expert

Re: Flat Stanley's Trip to Disneyland Oct 29th & 30th (Warning: LOTS of pictures!)

Clara - Yeah that was one of my favorites, too! It was unique, fun, and I got to talk about horses. A win-win-win for me. Having this "mission" on our trip gave it a whole different spin and new things to explore. I'd recommend some kind of treasure hunt thing on every trip to those who have been there more than a couple times. Very exciting, plus learn and see new things. I can't WAIT for my newbies to see all of this in December!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

That was a fun trip report, thank you!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Speaking of treasure hunts I think there are geocaches in DLR.

I wonder if they're legal. I heard rumor there was a bomb scare that turned out to just be a geocache.

I'd like to do that.

• a damsel not in distress

my cousin sent a flat stanley to my parents' house, so i was excited to see someone else do it, and especially in disneyland!

i think my favorite is:

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    He fits right in!
    he looks perfect among all the little characters! i can't wait for your full trip report.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Awesome!!!! So glad that Stanley (and you) had such a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Awesome Trip report!
    For the love of Disney....

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post

I wonder if they're legal. I heard rumor there was a bomb scare that turned out to just be a geocache.

I'd like to do that.
    It's not a rumor. I was there that day. It wasn't fun. I got to Toy Story lot at 9 and wasn't allowed to leave the lot until around 10:45.

As to whether or they are legal I don't know. But when you put something that looks like a pipe bomb in a tree near the entrance of California's top tourist attraction I am sure you will not get away with just a slap on the wrist.

• formerly very helpful

A fun report. Thanks.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    That was a fun trip report, thank you!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post

I'd like to do that.
    My husband and I have talked about trying geocaching around AZ, but I hadn't considered it in Disney. It would be really fun (assuming its legal)!

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    my cousin sent a flat stanley to my parents' house, so i was excited to see someone else do it, and especially in disneyland!

i think my favorite is:

he looks perfect among all the little characters! i can't wait for your full trip report.
    Haha he definitely fits in! Flat Stanley is such a fun program. I can't wait until he sees all the pictures we took!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Awesome!!!! So glad that Stanley (and you) had such a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!
    Always a pleasure to share our adventures! Thank you for the positive feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
    Awesome Trip report!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    It's not a rumor. I was there that day. It wasn't fun. I got to Toy Story lot at 9 and wasn't allowed to leave the lot until around 10:45.

As to whether or they are legal I don't know. But when you put something that looks like a pipe bomb in a tree near the entrance of California's top tourist attraction I am sure you will not get away with just a slap on the wrist.
    People will probably need to be a little more particular on what they hide for geocaches, or perhaps keep them just off property. That would be scary and, like you said, NOT fun!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    A fun report. Thanks.
    Thanks!

Brittany, I loved the Smallworld shot too!

Maybe I'll ask before I geocache in DLR even though I'm pretty sure there are some set up there. Technically you're supposed to ask permission prior to setting one up but who knows if they did!
    Last edited by smartlabelprint; 11-01-2012 at 01:54 PM.

• Goofy

nice trip report. lol the small world picture is cute

• Selfie Expert

Gotta give the credit to my husband for the Small World shot. He'll be happy to hear it's getting so much positive feedback!

• Minion

So cool! Love the character interactions!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast