Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Rumor has it Johnny Depp was at Mickey's Halloween Party dressed like Jack Sparro

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Yes, he is a good double, but you can tell that isn't him. The face is a bit longer the Johnny's. Still, nice to see someone trying that hard!
    The Jack Sparrow in that photo isn't a guest. He is a cast member.

• Reforming Lurker

Re: Rumor has it Johnny Depp was at Mickey's Halloween Party dressed like Jack Sparro

Sorry folks, Fun Police here. Please stop thinking about how cool it would be to see Johnny Depp in costume, unannounced, at Disneyland. It's just too much fun. And we don't allow fun here at a Disneyland message board.

Move along.
    "I really do have love to give. I just don't know where to put it."

ha. This just reminded me of our last WDW trip. My son did the pirate tutorial and afterwards, my mom said "That pirate was just awful. It almost seemed like he was drunk. They need to find another pirate." I had been thinking he was doing a great job. "Mom, have you seen any of the movies?" Mom: "no" About 7 months later the phones rings. "I get it now." "What are you talking about?" "That drunk pirate. I get it." She'd finally seen the first movie.

•   
    • Minion

A friend of mine saw and talked to him in LA today so he IS around...you never know.

In terms of copyright: if he showed up at the Halloween party in a costume, just like any other guest, methinks he would have been fine. Really, unless he told anyone who he was, he would have slipped right through the crowd and people would have just thought he had a really good costume. That is a circumstance where Disney is specifically allowing people into the park in costume, including Disney character costumes.

If instead he showed up in costume, announced his presence, took photos as Jack Sparrow and played the character, then there would have been issues -- the same as there would be issues if someone showed up as Belle or Cinderella and pretended they were a face character, signed autographs, etc.

That's how it has worked for actor friends of mine before: you can't officially be the character/announce an official visit, etc. without studio OK. You can however throw on a costume and go out incognito just like anyone else.

• PERRY SCORES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quizkid8279 View Post
    Sorry folks, Fun Police here. Please stop thinking about how cool it would be to see Johnny Depp in costume, unannounced, at Disneyland. It's just too much fun. And we don't allow fun here at a Disneyland message board.

Move along.
    I love you.

We are the corps The Cavaliers,
    There is no corps we fear,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we know that we never never will go wrong, so
    March onto victory Cavaliers,
    As we march on through the years,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we are The Cavaliers.

1...2...3... SPLOOIEEEE

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    A friend of mine saw and talked to him in LA today so he IS around...you never know.
    Now that I believe! Where did your friend see him?

The CJS in the photo, though, is an astonishing likeness!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

A CM friend of mine at WDW posted on her Facebook that word was Johnny Depp was at Epcot today (well, yesterday, Nov 2 since it's after midnight here on the east coast). No idea how true that is but...

• Banned User

He has a great relationship with the public. It would not surprise me at all and he's done it before. He also has a Lifetime Pass to Disney Parks, as do many Disney Film and tv Stars.

• Banned User

Celebs like visiting Disneyland as much as anybody else, if not more. Heh, they've got the time and the $. Johnny Depp is happy that his kids can go to Disneyland and see him in the ride.

When celebs do go to Disneyland, they very often do it in incognito. Everybody knows about how Michael Jackson would put on a disguise and be wheeled around in a wheelchair incognito.

The Halloween party days are a time when a lot of celebs are in the park, and considered a blessing by many of them as they, and their kids, can put on disguises and enjoy the park like anybody else. If Depp was at the Halloween party, he likely dressed up as a non-Depp character to minimize the chances he would be recognized.

I've seen celebs such as George Lucas (in a disguise hanging out at Star Tours, no kidding), Avril Lavigne, in a light disguise, including others like Tom Hanks, and Steve Martin. They'll often admit who they are, sign a couple autographs, and then very quickly zip out of sight, often times backstage somewhere. Most of the time guests walk past them without a clue. Kind of funny actually.

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    I've seen celebs such as George Lucas (in a disguise hanging out at Star Tours, no kidding), Avril Lavigne, in a light disguise, including others like Tom Hanks, and Steve Martin.
    To this day, I'm not sure if I saw Steve Martin or not. The guy I saw was the right height, and had the same goofy smile.

Somewhat related,I have read that celebrities will dress up I full costume at Comic Con. This way they can walk around the booths and not be noticed as a celebrity. With some of those crazy costumes, it makes sense! I'll have to look up where I read that, but if I recall, they had quotes from celebrities admitting to doing it.

• Seeker of Fun

Sorry everyone, but the rumor was confirmed by me on the last day of our trip. I still can't believe it! I was actually on Screamin' and I noticed Depp sitting next to me right as we went into.......THE LOOP.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Quote Originally Posted by krpink View Post
    Somewhat related,I have read that celebrities will dress up I full costume at Comic Con. This way they can walk around the booths and not be noticed as a celebrity. With some of those crazy costumes, it makes sense! I'll have to look up where I read that, but if I recall, they had quotes from celebrities admitting to doing it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    To this day, I'm not sure if I saw Steve Martin or not. The guy I saw was the right height, and had the same goofy smile.

Same here. Several years ago I was watching Billy Hill and the Hillbillies during a late afternoon showing on a slow day in the Golden Horseshoe. I swear I saw Steve Martin standing in the back with a rather large entourage of adults and children. It looked exactly like him but when he laughed and talked it didn't seem like it was him. But other than that it looked exactly like him. I would say it was him but his tone of voice and mannerisms threw me off a bit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123