Stroller and fast passes

Can you use a fastpass and a stroller pass at the same time? For example, if I receive two fastpasses, one for my daughter and one for myself, can I then request a stroller pass for my wife? And then by doing this get another fastpass at the same time for my wife and son for a different ride where she can then request a stroller pass for me? Is this method of double dipping legal?

Thanks

• xmanmom

Re: Stroller and fast passes

Yes, you can do this. The riderswitch pass is not at all linked into the Fastpass system.

They have always asked me for my whole group to be together at the entrance, and they ask who is riding and who is staying off before they hand out a child swap pass, otherwise who is to say you really do have others in your party not riding. You can get two fastpasses instead of four and use the child swap for the other two, leaving the other two tickets available to get fastpasses elsewhere, but they won't be able to get the child swap passes unless the whole group is together (or at least enough to ride and some to stay off).

From time to time I have been asked by cm's if everyone has a fastpass, but that seems to be more of overzealous cm's than actual policy. Also from time to time they will gently try to get the little ones not riding (if tall enough) to ride instead of staying off.

The child swap is not meant to let your entire party ride in shifts, it is designed so someone can always stay with a child that is unable/unwilling to ride certain rides, and then they can ride after the rest of the group has finished. Disney also allows the one that stayed off to have another rider join them so they don't have to ride alone - this legally lets one child get two quick rides, basically taking the place of their sibling the second time.
    Last edited by derrickb; 11-01-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derrickb View Post
    They have always asked me for my whole group to be together at the entrance, and they ask who is riding and who is staying off before they hand out a child swap pass, otherwise who is to say you really do have others in your party not riding. You can get two fastpasses instead of four and use the child swap for the other two, leaving the other two tickets available to get fastpasses elsewhere, but they won't be able to get the child swap passes unless the whole group is together (or at least enough to ride and some to stay off).

From time to time I have been asked by cm's if everyone has a fastpass, but that seems to be more of overzealous cm's than actual policy. Also from time to time they will gently try to get the little ones not riding (if tall enough) to ride instead of staying off.
    So you are saying that you can use the child swap even when a child is not sitting out thus doubling your Fastpasses as long as everyone is at the entrance?
    I am by no means trying to find a way to scam the system ( or am I!?). I have a very timid 7 year daughter who most likely will wimp out of the crazy rides when it comes time to get on. So I dont want to waste the fastpasses. If I use the fastpass for my son and I and then get the child swap pass for my wife and my sister, this should allow me to get another set of fp's for another ride and do the same thing there. However, let's say my daughter gets brave, I was thinking then the odd person out can ride through the single rider line. Will the cm's get picky and say no to my daughter on the child swap if we only use 2 fp's?
    hope this makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinius View Post
    So you are saying that you can use the child swap even when a child is not sitting out thus doubling your Fastpasses as long as everyone is at the entrance?
    No, someone that requires supervision has to sit out or they won't give you a child swap pass. They just like to see who is sitting out so they know they exist.

I have a very timid 7 year daughter who most likely will wimp out of the crazy rides when it comes time to get on. So I dont want to waste the fastpasses. If I use the fastpass for my son and I and then get the child swap pass for my wife and my sister
    That is what the child swap pass is designed for. It doesn't matter if you enter the standby line or use fastpasses.

Will the cm's get picky and say no to my daughter on the child swap if we only use 2 fp's?
    not likely.

• xmanmom

Ah, see, I was not aware that they would let you do riderswitch pass if you didn't have a child who was under the height requirements. I don't think it is meant to game the system. Everytime we have used it we will typically do something similar to what you were originally talking about but with a small child.

For example: Child under 40 inches, have a party of three adults and two children. Get two Fastpasses for Indiana Jones and two fastpasses Space Mountain. Take the whole party up to the entrance and get a riderswitch pass at Space Mountain. Two people use the Fastpasses while one adult and child sit with the baby. Then when the original party returns they sit with the child while the people who waited the first time use the riderswitch pass. Repeat at Indiana Jones.

Using it for a child that may or may not want to ride something seems like it would not be allowed. But I don't know, I don't have older kids.

• I'm a fiddle player......

In my family it is my wife, my 2 year old daughter and me. We are able to use a fp and ask for a switch pass and have never beed denied. So potentially we can cheat the system and get one fp for one attraction and get a fp for another atraction and use switch pass.

Just because a child reaches the height required doesn't mean they are then willing to go on the ride, or even ride it a second time if they tried it once and didn't like it. As she got older the cm's would often question my daughter making sure she wouldn't go on the ride.

Funny thing is, that eventually you get them convinced to try a ride again that they wouldn't even get close to, and when you get off they announce it is their favorite ride and want to get in line again immediately.

But what if i go with my son and then my wife goes with my daughter because she changes her mind?

• My Children's Father

I would guess that would not be allowed ... if they catch you. Your daughter, afterall, was the excuse for the switch pass. If the CM giving you the pass is the one your wife tries giving it to to earn entry, I would expect them to suspect something is afoot .....

Also keep in mind that FP return times are supposed to be enforced soon, so this could affect your attempt to game the FP system (which I normally don't have a problem with)
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Minion

I don't know about DL, but at WDW the rider swap pass is only given when a child CAN'T ride, not when he or she just doesn't want to.

• Under that tree again!

But what if i go with my son and then my wife goes with my daughter because she changes her mind?
    Just let the CM know what happened.

The premise of Rider Switch is that your party waits only once, one person or part of the group for everyone, so the rest doesn't wait again.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Just let the CM know what happened.

The premise of Rider Switch is that your party waits only once, one person or part of the group for everyone, so the rest doesn't wait again.
    I would agree with you if the "party" were waiting in a standby line, but I think the OP was asking about using the switch pass in conjunction with a FP, in which case all in the party would have to have a FP, correct?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    I don't know about DL, but at WDW the rider swap pass is only given when a child CAN'T ride, not when he or she just doesn't want to.

That was my understanding too...
    For the love of Disney....

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    I would agree with you if the "party" were waiting in a standby line, but I think the OP was asking about using the switch pass in conjunction with a FP, in which case all in the party would have to have a FP, correct?
    Not in my experience. While my nephew is now taller, and I usually go without another adult to watch him I haven't used Rider Switch in about a year. Before that I used FP and Rider Switch without any problem. We did use his AP to get additional FPs for the rest of us to use as well, even though he couldn't ride all those attractions.