Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Imagineer

Talking Creating Holiday Traditions on BVS: Disney Parks Blog Info on X-mas at DCA

From the Disney Parks Blog:

Creating Holiday Traditions on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks Blog

Buena Vista Street is filled with dreams of a bright future for all, and this Yuletide season promises to be even brighter as this happy, bustling community celebrates its first Christmas with joyous new traditions.

Shopkeepers up and down the street have decorated for the holidays, but inside the lavish Elias & Co. department store, they’ve gone all out to create a winter wonderland for the arrival of Santa Claus. Here, wide-eyed children may take a seat alongside the jolly old elf to share with him their fondest wishes for Christmas morning.

Another new idea really struck a chord after a holiday committee meeting of the Buena Vista Street Chamber of Commerce. Wishing to serve their community, eight individuals decided to form a volunteer holiday troupe, calling themselves the Buena Vista Street Community Bell Ringers. Acting as a spirited, traveling “welcome wagon” to anyone visiting this friendly neighborhood, the Bell Ringers take their festive cheer to the street, encouraging others to join in spontaneous ring-along sing-alongs of familiar holiday tunes.

As dusk falls each evening, the Buena Vista Street Community Bell Ringers will gather in Carthay Circle with their fellow Citizens of Buena Vista Street. The sound of bells rings out, and everyone is invited to join together in the lighting of the town’s Christmas tree, wishing goodwill and joy to one and all!
    You’re all invited to come join in the merriment, November 12 through January 6, at DCA.

• Minion

Re: Creating Holiday Traditions on BVS: Disney Parks Blog Info on X-mas at DCA

I hope they add more garland to CCT it looks so plain with just a wreath other then that wonder if the tree or tower will be taller lol. Cant wait to see how the rest of BVS turns out

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Sounds classic Disney to me.....I love it hope Carsland and WOC will be getting nice updates too and DCA will finally have a Christmas almost on par with Disneyland

That wreath looks so out of place.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Team Hail HYDRA

^yes it does

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

I'm glad my last day is the 11th. The bell ringing at the market is enough to drive me bonkers I couldn't handle it in DLR too!

• some assembly required

In the rendering it appears to have the xmas tree very close to CCT, I thought it was being placed up front just as one enters DCA/BVS- was this a last min change or did the MC reporters get it wrong?
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    In the rendering it appears to have the xmas tree very close to CCT, I thought it was being placed up front just as one enters DCA/BVS- was this a last min change or did the MC reporters get it wrong?
    I believe it was always planned to go into the small park area in front of Elias and Co.

As for the wreath being out of place. If you want out of place Christmas decorations just take a look at some of early Disneyland's. I can't wait to see the final product, I hope the bell ringers are made up of the shop owners I'd love to have the chance to meet them! I'd fit in on BVS and Main Street even more than the streetmosphere characters, and they are trained for it.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

•   
    • Minion

Looks cool in the rendering. I'll reserve final judgement until I see the final version and in real life.

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

I like the wreath's placement. -sniffle-

• Minion

It's not replacing the fountain, is it?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    It's not replacing the fountain, is it?
    Not at all. As mentioned in earlier reports and now confirmed by Disney, the BVS Christmas tree will be going in the circular planter right in front of Elias and Co. Department Store. The planter right now has some smaller trees right now; some type of ficus, I believe. Here's some pics of location.

One site mentioned the tree will be 50 ft (the Carthay tower is like 90 ft for comparison) and feature period correct oversized ornaments as well as a collection of vintage toys and a running train along the base of the "airy" tree. Here's the article on that site, which gives wonderful details on both BVS and Cars Land Christmas celebrations. Disneyland Details Holiday Festivities at Buena Vista Street, Cars Land - StitchKingdom.com

And also, the bell ringers are not gong to be like the Salvation Army ringers outside your supermarket during the Holidays...think more of a musical act. My understanding from the article I posted above is that they will be a hand bell choir that will go up and down the street caroling, not an incessant ringer standing outside the stores haha.

Oh, and just for some fun, both articles feature quotes from the Imagineers saying how they did plenty of research into 1930's LA Christmas decorations and judging by this rough concept art from blog article, I would say they really did. The tree topper looks mighty similar to some of the Santa motif's used in this picture doesn't it?

Look at the red car wires to see it:

And here recreated for a Hollywood Blvd. Christmas scene in the upcoming "Gangster Squad" movie.

World O' Crap: Chrtistmas Then and Now. And Then Again.

• Minion

Aha! I knew there was something else in that area that wasn't the fountain, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I have horrible spatial awareness. :P I imagine this tree is going to look amazing from so many angles. Definitely looking forward to seeing people's holiday photos hit the site.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Random thought but it looks like DCA will have three large Christmas trees for the season! The 50 ft main tree in BVS, 20 ft tree near Courthouse in Cars Land (not to mention the smaller trees at every business along Route 66), and the old Christmas tree on the Paradise Pier boardwalk (the official press release mentions it and gives impression it's staying Holidays Come to Cars Land! Seasonal Cheer Spreads Throughout Disneyland Resort as The Happiest Place on Earth Gets Merrier Starting Nov. 12 | Disneyland News

Talk about having the Christmas spirit!

I wish they would also add some snow machines in grizzled trail along with adding a winter land soundtrack to the area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast