Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Muppets Theater to house Prep and Landing in 4D this Holiday Season

But if they were going to make a new holiday overlay for WOC, don't you think they'd have it done long before Dec 6? At that point, the holiday dates (Nov 12-early January) are already half over. It doesn't make sense to me that they'd close the ride after the Thanksgiving crowds leave to install a holiday overlay.

Quote Originally Posted by kaspangle View Post
    But if they were going to make a new holiday overlay for WOC, don't you think they'd have it done long before Dec 6? At that point, the holiday dates (Nov 12-early January) are already half over. It doesn't make sense to me that they'd close the ride after the Thanksgiving crowds leave to install a holiday overlay.
    There has to be a good reason....just doesn't make sense otherwise.
    For the love of Disney....

• Inappropriate

Hmmm. The Muppets are taking a lot of time off. TOO much time, in my opinion. It's my favorite theater attraction. I hope that if it's on the chopping block, it's so a new Muppet video can take its place. Wasn't the new movie a success? I thought Muppets were on their way up, not out.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Research and development theater

• Under that tree again!

Coinicidently a Prep and Landing projection is being added to the Osborn Family Spectacle Dancing Light show in DHS, WDW. Making more use of this highly acclaimed movie.

There

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I miss the Muppets

Time for them to film three more Muppet 3-D films. A new general one, one for Christmas, and one for Halloween. Then, as MTdizzle said above, put some money into a redesign of the entrance and waiting area. Then, let the prop people design and install special Muppet decorations for Halloween and Christmas. I think that would revive some interest in the Muppet space. Barring that, how about building that Great Muppet Movie ride they were working on when Disney first was negotiating with Jim Henson to buy the Muppets? That ride looked hilarious, and everyone loves a ride. 3D movies are losing their power to appeal given their ubiquity in our culture. Cheers.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'm all for showing Prep and Landing during the holiday season (granted, I haven't seen it), but I'm tired of the Muppets always taking a backseat to some promotion going on. ElecTRONica never bothered me in that respect because I could see the Muppets during the day (though I'd often miss it because I wouldn't make it over to DCA until later on).

I'd really like to see a Muppet ride! I think it would be very successful. I am a fan of the current show, but as previously stated, there's a little too much theme park reliance on 3D at this point.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If the Muppets is just dead now.....by next year when the new movie comes out a want a new show.....if it is really that dead stop being cheap and replace it with something else.....a show like this could go into the old Millionare building

• Doombuggy Rider

A shame they don't make a Halloween & Christmas 3-D Spectacular starring The Muppets (you can run both during their respective Holiday time) and offer deluxe Muppet merchandise themed for these Holidays (c'mon Team Disney Anaheim, make it happen so that DCA doesn't seem so dull during those times) ...

I realize TDA is just trying to use an existing show building to bring about a new show experience (so why not take over the "yawn I fall asleep to it every time" Aladdin Show Building? There's more room for Imagineers to create surprises and more seats to fill up what would be a constant stream of Park Guests) ....

Name:  mupxmas-gif.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  49.2 KB

I bet a lot of xmas lattes will be sold in the Starbucks @ Disneyland Resort this year -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12