Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Fanatic

Muppets Theater to house Prep and Landing in 4D this Holiday Season

The frankenweenie movie will be switched out with Prep and Landing: Naughty vs. Nice with 4D effects this holiday season starting November 15 and going thru January 6th:

Nine Disney venues close temporarily | nov, disney, disneyland - Entertainment - The Orange County Register

In Disney California Adventure, the Muppet Vision 3D theater will close Tuesday to Nov. 15 while crews remove a Halloween movie and add a Christmas film. Workers will take out the "Frankenweenie" preview clip. In its place, Disney will add the ABC-TV special "Prep and Landing: Naughty vs. Nice," with 4D effects. The show will appear through Jan. 6, said Kevin Rafferty Jr., a Disneyland Resort spokesman.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• HYDRA

Re: Muppets Theater to house Prep and Landing in 4D this Holiday Season

wow
    sounds good
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Diva Extrodinaire

I feel like they just want to get rid of the Muppets. If anything, they should get a new movie and update the building. Enclose the queue and make it look nice!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Minion

Could this mean World of Colors getting a new holiday encore/overlay?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    I feel like they just want to get rid of the Muppets. If anything, they should get a new movie and update the building. Enclose the queue and make it look nice!
    I imagine it's soley to get more holidays into DCA and a simple way to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Personally I hope to see some of Mickey in his Christmas Carol into the show.

• -

How about having the Muppet Theatre show the Muppets? I'm really tired of it being used as add space for the latest movie.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Nutty about Disney parks

I would've preferred seeing a brand new Prep and Landing short if they're serious about a 4D treatment. Feels like a waste of park time to see a show I already own on DVD or already saw on TV.

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm almost certain by this point that they're putting together some kind of new show for the theater undercover and are just using it as a preview center for now. If this truly is marking the end of the Muppet Theater (wasn't the recent movie all about the end of the Muppet Theater in Hollywood? Lol, irony), then will we be able to see the show one last time?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• I can't stand you.

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    How about having the Muppet Theatre show the Muppets? I'm really tired of it being used as add space for the latest movie.
    '

I'm glad Im not the only one who feels this way. I really hope theres an update coming down the pipes soon for the muppets.

• Minion

This is what people have been asking for with regard to the other 3D theatre across the Esplanade. I think using the Muppets location is a great idea especially since that place is regularly quite empty.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Sadly no, it's already been reported that they will use the same prep and landing intro from last year.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Nic

Are you serious? If Halloween wasn't enough, we have to have the Muppets out during Christmas as well?

Really sad my favorite attraction in DCA is being replaced by a TV special.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Hello Dolly.

Sad Muppets are out.

But I'm not shocked. Hollywoodland is just a mess & random things are just going to keep coming in & out until they fix it unfortunately.

I am more excited about this though especially because of the Holidays but I'd rather they'd make a new Muppet film instead.

Never mind I was confused but am not anymore...lol!

i re-read the article and saw the theater will be closed from Tuesday and open again on Nov 15 with Prep and Landing....

My two year old loves Prep and Landing and it works perfect for us since we leave DL on Nov 16 so this will be a great treat for him!
    Last edited by Dec2009Mama; 11-01-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

• Under that tree again!

I can sypathsize with some of the other posters, why not just have the Muppets. It's was one thing when they used it to preview Tron, when ElecTRONica was going on out front. Muppets movie, that's cool. Frankenweenie, that's stretching it. Now it's closing in on lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Sadly no, it's already been reported that they will use the same prep and landing intro from last year.
    Can you wisely believe they wouldn't change thier mind?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast