Annual Pass Renewal?

I recieved my annual pass renewal form in the mail and I wanted to go to Disneyland this week, but I dont know how long it will take to recieve my new annual pass. Does anyone know how long it takes to recieve your new annual passes, or if there is a quicker way to renew the pass so I can visit the park this week without having to wait for the mail to come?

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Annual Pass Renewal?

You can renew on-line. Just go to the AP section of their site.

It seems to be about 7-9 days turnaround for passes to be mailed, if you mail it in.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

It's a little quicker if you go into the park but then you have to wait in line and all that. I usually just go on-line. Simpler

Ok thanks, I didn't know if the online renewal had the $20 off like the mail in renewal does.

• A Pirate's life for me!

When we renewed last October, the site did have the $20 discount, but it didn't quote the lower (pre-price increase) prices like the mailer did, so we mailed it in.

Also, I don't know if you can get the special Tink card online or in person.

Good luck!

• Still wants to be a cat!

The discount is only available by mail or on line, but can't hurt to give it a try at the Park!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The $20 discount for renewing a Deluxe or Premium AP is valid at the parks!!!! I know many folks that have gotten it, including myself.

The one thing you don't get if you do it in the park, compared to by mail on online is the special merchandise discount coupon (20% for a single purchase).

Also, if you do it online or by mail, you get the second choice of AP logos (aka the Tink front).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Again! Again! Again!

If you're pass hasn't expired yet, use it this week. Then renew online. I got mine in like 5 days! I ordered it Friday afternoon and got it Wed. And you can get the Tink AP online. Just be sure to mark special instead of regular.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I posted a similar thread just before Xmas... the turnaround for my renewal by mail was unbelievabley fast. I put it in the mail on Sunday (at the P.O. but since there was no pick-up it's like I mailed it early Monday), and my new AP was in my hands on Thursday! My next trip to DLR was on Friday so that "Disney Magic" was working for me that week!
    --Jonathan

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

For renewal...if we do it online, do we still have to go to the park for a new photo, or can they use the old one? I was there last week, and the line in front of the bank for A.P.'s looked to be about 90 minutes or more. Maybe that was due to the number of folks who give A.P's as gifts?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    For renewal...if we do it online, do we still have to go to the park for a new photo, or can they use the old one? I was there last week, and the line in front of the bank for A.P.'s looked to be about 90 minutes or more. Maybe that was due to the number of folks who give A.P's as gifts?
    Doing it online is just like doing it by mail, but it saves Disney some time in the fact you do the data entry for them.

Either way, they use the photo on file and print up a new AP, and then place it in the mail and send it to you. No need to stand in line.

One problem, let's say you renew a couple of weeks before your expiration date, and you decide to go to the park a few days after you did the online renewal. As part of the printing of your new AP, the old barcode gets marked "not valid", so when the AP, which still is valid gets scanned, the CM has to stop and think. Telll them you just sent in your renewal, and haven't got the new one in the mail yet. Usually the CM will see the expiration date and let you in, sometimes they call a manager to do it. If you have a scanner/printer at home, making a copy to carry to the park is not a bad idea.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com