Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Musical Fireman

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

YOU NEED TO SPEAK LOUDER I'M A COUPLE OF CENTURIES OLD!!!!!

Oh and by the way if you "bump" into Uncle Walt oops I mean Mr. Hanks tell him I said hi. Wouldn't it be funny if he went around WED and the studios in his Walt costume and makeup to get into the spirit.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• former CM

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    YOU NEED TO SPEAK LOUDER I'M A COUPLE OF CENTURIES OLD!!!!!

Oh and by the way if you "bump" into Uncle Walt oops I mean Mr. Hanks tell him I said hi. Wouldn't it be funny if he went around WED and the studios in his Walt costume and makeup to get into the spirit. . .
    My bad.

And thank you, Princess Victoria, for defending another middle-aged, balding Tom born on July 9.

For more big font fun, check out this link: Matt Ouimet vs. G. Kalogrides & T. Staggs! It's on, baby!

I can't see them closing off sections of the park, if they were to film publicly it would probably be just certain parts of main street, or maybe New Orleans, considering those are the few parts of Disneyland that are still somewhat original.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Neato, I'll definitely be seeing that movie. Be sure to to take some pictures anyone who's there and post 'em here!

So the million dollar question is

Will he come out in the movie holding a ...........?

a) cigar like in real life
    b) a pencil like in every photoshop picture of him shown by the Walt Disney company
    c) A churro to help boost churro sells at the parks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    I can't see them closing off sections of the park, if they were to film publicly it would probably be just certain parts of main street, or maybe New Orleans, considering those are the few parts of Disneyland that are still somewhat original.
    They closed off big sections for the filming of "Modern Family" on one of the most busiest days. Also they don't want modern people to be seen in the park that takes place during the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    They closed off big sections for the filming of "Modern Family" on one of the most busiest days. Also they don't want modern people to be seen in the park that takes place during the 60's.
    Yeah I guess having people with Iphone 5's in the background of a movie that takes place in the 60s wont really work to well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    So the million dollar question is

Will he come out in the movie holding a ...........?

a) cigar like in real life
    The film will accurately depict smoking.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    The film will accurately depict smoking.

At the end of the movie there will probably be a sentence on the screen noting that he died a year or two later in 1966 from lung cancer. This film will save
    more lives than deaths caused by Jenny McCarthy and Tom Cruise combined. Have any of you thought of Walt Disney when you were deciding whether or not to smoke? I did and then I didn't smoke.

(
    Yeah, that's off track about Cruise and McCarthy, but if one person is saved because he or she received a vaccine or medication to fight depression, it will have been worth being a little obnoxious.)

Re: Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    How could he not be? He has the same birthday as me and OJ!
    That's my birthday, too!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    That's my birthday, too!
    And Courtney Love, who was born on the exact same day I was.

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    The filming locations are going to be shut off so guests that day won't even be able to come close to the filming locations.

Plus Disney is keeping tight wraps on Tom Hanks as Mr. Disney and don't want anything leaked until the movie comes out. So don't except him to come out and greet people. From what I hear all filming locations are near the backstage area so they can sneak Tom Hanks in and out.
    Thanks, Basil! You may have saved some Tom Hanks and/or Walt Disney fans a disappointing trip to Disneyland, though being at Disneyland would be unbeatable consolation.

I hope that Tom Hanks will walk around the park after shooting is done on the second day and pose for photos, especially in Frontierland and on Main Street. Posing with fans in front of the castle could cause a Walt-mania mob scene and it doesn't have the cast members'-only backstage areas that are all over Main Street if the crowds get too big.

Photos of Hanks as Disney could be worth literally millions of dollars of free publicity for this movie if the photos were picked up by magazines. I really hope that Hanks and Disney's marketers are smart enough to do this. With all the excitement over that actor in a Superman costume or as Ann H. as Catwoman, I bet there is some free publicity planned. He doesn't have to look exactly like Walt, he just has to radiate genius and an unequalled bond with America's great middle class. If Hanks just spent a couple hours freaking people out at Disneyland he'd have enough funny anecdotes for the entire press tour of this film. (Can you tell that I enjoyed an entertainment marketing class I took at USC?)

How creepy and cool would it be if he waved out from a window above the fire station? The might get some hits on Youtube.

It would be interesting (for me) to see a photo of Hanks as Walt framed in some Main Street store, or maybe among that collection of celebrities at Disneyland at the Disneyland Hotel. The two-time Oscar winner would fit right in.

The Disney gallery could have an exhibit of the art involved in this movie before and soon after the movie opens, maybe with making of videos that could be included on the DVD/Blue Ray release.

Just curious, does anyone besides the great Mr. Wiggins read my long posts?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-02-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: typo

• Minion

I will also say that Carnation Cafe, other areas of Main Street, and some areas of Fantasyland will be blocked off for filming.

• Minion

Name:  Park Hours & Calendar - Disneyland Resort(1).png
Views: 447
Size:  114.2 KB

•   

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Just curious, does anyone besides the great Mr. Wiggins read my long posts?
    Well, two of us at any rate.

Maybe "Walt" could climb into the Haunted Mansion and surprise guests with a warning about smoking and lung cancer? On the other hand, we already saw that SNL sketch with Hanks in the haunted ride and I suspect we all know how THAT'S going to turn out!

...but yeah, peeking out of the firehouse window. Wow. That's be a great shot. I'd set that as desktop wallpaper.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    jcruise, do you own stock in Disney, or maybe have a piece of the parking concession?
    I own stock in Disney and you don't see me promoting anything
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast