Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 115
  1. #31

    • Heavy Breather
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    831

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    I want to see a picture of him in character.


    What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

    Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/









  2. #32

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I want to see a picture of him in character.
    So do I because I am struggling a little with Tom Hanks looking like Walt.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

  3. #33

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,374

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    So do I because I am struggling a little with Tom Hanks looking like Walt.
    That makes two of us! I can't picture Tom Hanks as Walt Disney. I just can't.

  4. #34

    • former CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    S. Cal. via Milw. & Madison Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,212

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    So they chose to film this on Nov. 7 & 8.
    Election day and the following day when the results are studied quietly by Americans and their press.

  5. #35

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,680

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    The movie probably could get away with Carnation Cafe, but Fantaslyand looks nothing like it did in Walt's day. How are they going to get away with that?

  6. #36

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The movie probably could get away with Carnation Cafe, but Fantaslyand looks nothing like it did in Walt's day. How are they going to get away with that?
    Might just be filming around Small World/Matterhorn/Alice in Wonderland area

  7. #37

    • Musical Fireman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Already down on ol' Main Street
    Posts
    468

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Might just be filming around Small World/Matterhorn/Alice in Wonderland area
    All those rides have changes since 1961. What about safety rails at Alice, Small World is having its holiday overlay installed, and the Matterhorn has its new bobsleds. Well maybe they could digitally cut out some of some of it and keep the camera out of the way of the track. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

    See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA




    "THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

  8. #38

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,374

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    The truth of the matter is that the majority of people watching this movie won't even notice or care whether or not the places he's shown are authentically 1961. It would be nice if they chose the places that still remain mostly true to how they appeared in 1961, but if they want to show him in front of Dumbo or the teacups (classic, instantly recognizable Disney park icons), they're going to do it, history be damned. I doubt they'll even bother to digitally alter them.

  9. #39

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    So do I because I am struggling a little with Tom Hanks looking like Walt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    That makes two of us! I can't picture Tom Hanks as Walt Disney. I just can't.
    Look at the first post in this link and the video linked in it.

    SNL's Nod To The Haunted Mansion/Tom Hanks Cameo

  10. #40

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,680

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    They probably won't bother changing relatively minor aspects of certain things like the Matterhorn bobsleds. Even in That Thing You Do IIRC the bobsleds were at their 1990s configuration.

    However I don't see them filming too much in Fantasyland itself. For example Pinocchio wasn't even open in Walt's day, and the facades of everything else just didn't exist back then.

  11. #41

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    148

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    All those rides have changes since 1961. What about safety rails at Alice, Small World is having its holiday overlay installed, and the Matterhorn has its new bobsleds. Well maybe they could digitally cut out some of some of it and keep the camera out of the way of the track. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

    See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

    What if they close that section of the park down to film, and when they reopen it everything is how it was in 1961!

  12. #42

    • Musical Fireman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Already down on ol' Main Street
    Posts
    468

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    Well they did say the Matterhorn was faster when they had just single bobsleds.



    See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA




    "THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

  13. #43

    • Mrs. J. Depp
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,092

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    I hate to say but this movie sounds downright ridiculous. I got all excited because I thought it would be the tale of Walt's life, but it's not...


    Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

  14. #44

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    The truth of the matter is that the majority of people watching this movie won't even notice or care whether or not the places he's shown are authentically 1961. It would be nice if they chose the places that still remain mostly true to how they appeared in 1961, but if they want to show him in front of Dumbo or the teacups (classic, instantly recognizable Disney park icons), they're going to do it, history be damned. I doubt they'll even bother to digitally alter them.
    In maintaining historical accuracy in films that deal with the lives of historical figures, what matters is not if the people watching the movie care, but if the filmmakers care.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  15. #45

    • Musical Fireman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Already down on ol' Main Street
    Posts
    468

    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    That's what we all thought but I figured that it must have been a big event in the studios history for it to be chosen. Maybe if this film is successful they will go and make a movie all about Walt from Marceline to Anaheim. However we have to look at the bare bones of this and only one thing really stands out that will sell this to fans ITS A LUMPIN' MOVIE ABOUT WALT!!!!! WHEN WILL THE STUDIOS GET THE BRAINS TO DO THIS SORT OF MOVIE AGAIN, EMBRACE IT MAN THIS MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE!!!

    See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA




    "THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Tom Hanks' movie to film at Disneyland
    By StevenW in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 10:12 AM
  2. Tom Hanks is Walt Disney
    By Daboltz in forum Walt Disney Pictures
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 02:49 PM
  3. How Starbucks Saved My Life (Tom Hanks)
    By ah schucks in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 10:46 PM
  4. Julia Roberts goes to War with Tom Hanks
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 09:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •