Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Heavy Breather

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

I want to see a picture of him in character.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Minion

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I want to see a picture of him in character.
    So do I because I am struggling a little with Tom Hanks looking like Walt.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    That makes two of us! I can't picture Tom Hanks as Walt Disney. I just can't.

• former CM

So they chose to film this on Nov. 7 & 8.
    Election day and the following day when the results are studied quietly by Americans and their press.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    The movie probably could get away with Carnation Cafe, but Fantaslyand looks nothing like it did in Walt's day. How are they going to get away with that?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The movie probably could get away with Carnation Cafe, but Fantaslyand looks nothing like it did in Walt's day. How are they going to get away with that?
    Might just be filming around Small World/Matterhorn/Alice in Wonderland area

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Might just be filming around Small World/Matterhorn/Alice in Wonderland area
    All those rides have changes since 1961. What about safety rails at Alice, Small World is having its holiday overlay installed, and the Matterhorn has its new bobsleds. Well maybe they could digitally cut out some of some of it and keep the camera out of the way of the track. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Minion

The truth of the matter is that the majority of people watching this movie won't even notice or care whether or not the places he's shown are authentically 1961. It would be nice if they chose the places that still remain mostly true to how they appeared in 1961, but if they want to show him in front of Dumbo or the teacups (classic, instantly recognizable Disney park icons), they're going to do it, history be damned. I doubt they'll even bother to digitally alter them.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    That makes two of us! I can't picture Tom Hanks as Walt Disney. I just can't.
    Look at the first post in this link and the video linked in it.

SNL's Nod To The Haunted Mansion/Tom Hanks Cameo

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

They probably won't bother changing relatively minor aspects of certain things like the Matterhorn bobsleds. Even in That Thing You Do IIRC the bobsleds were at their 1990s configuration.

However I don't see them filming too much in Fantasyland itself. For example Pinocchio wasn't even open in Walt's day, and the facades of everything else just didn't exist back then.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    All those rides have changes since 1961. What about safety rails at Alice, Small World is having its holiday overlay installed, and the Matterhorn has its new bobsleds. Well maybe they could digitally cut out some of some of it and keep the camera out of the way of the track. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

What if they close that section of the park down to film, and when they reopen it everything is how it was in 1961!

• Musical Fireman

Well they did say the Matterhorn was faster when they had just single bobsleds.

"THAT'S R

• Mrs. J. Depp

I hate to say but this movie sounds downright ridiculous. I got all excited because I thought it would be the tale of Walt's life, but it's not...

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    The truth of the matter is that the majority of people watching this movie won't even notice or care whether or not the places he's shown are authentically 1961. It would be nice if they chose the places that still remain mostly true to how they appeared in 1961, but if they want to show him in front of Dumbo or the teacups (classic, instantly recognizable Disney park icons), they're going to do it, history be damned. I doubt they'll even bother to digitally alter them.
    In maintaining historical accuracy in films that deal with the lives of historical figures, what matters is not if the people watching the movie care, but if the filmmakers care.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Musical Fireman

That's what we all thought but I figured that it must have been a big event in the studios history for it to be chosen. Maybe if this film is successful they will go and make a movie all about Walt from Marceline to Anaheim. However we have to look at the bare bones of this and only one thing really stands out that will sell this to fans ITS A LUMPIN' MOVIE ABOUT WALT!!!!! WHEN WILL THE STUDIOS GET THE BRAINS TO DO THIS SORT OF MOVIE AGAIN, EMBRACE IT MAN THIS MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE!!!

"THAT'S R

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast