Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Here is side by side photo from the OC Register..

Name:  mcf3q5-mcf3puwaltdisneycopy.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  29.2 KB

• former CM

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I hate to say but this movie sounds downright ridiculous. I got all excited because I thought it would be the tale of Walt's life, but it's not...
    Even if it's more about the author of Mary Poppins than Walt, it could still be great since she's being played by Emma Thompson. I've gone into movies concerned that that actors didn't look right for the part, but if the actor is excellent I forget this in a minute.

I just hope they get across that Walt was a genius at the height of his powers (1964 World's Fair attractions in NY, and POTC, the HM & WDW all being planned, and Mary Poppins). And I hope it shows his effective working relationship with the great Sherman Bros., who were also at the height of their genius.

Right now, no one, not even Hanks, the screenwriter, the director nor the producers know how well this movie will turn out. Editing in weak music, or editing in music too loudly, or even the addition of two unnecessary scenes could kill the entire picture. But if a lot of talented artists are at their best, it could win Best Picture, and millions more could come to admire my favorite capitalist, Walt Disney.

P.S. I suggest they use variations of Disney music like "Feed the Birds" throughout the film.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Even if it's more about the author of Mary Poppins than Walt, it could still be great since she's being played by Emma Thompson. I've gone into movies concerned that that actors didn't look right for the part, but if the actor is excellent I forget this in a minute.

I just hope they get across that Walt was a genius at the height of his powers (1964 World's Fair attractions in NY, and POTC, the HM & WDW all being planned, and Mary Poppins). And I hope it shows his effective working relationship with the great Sherman Bros., who were also at the height of their genius.

Right now, no one, not even Hanks, the screenwriter, the director nor the producers know how well this movie will turn out. Editing in weak music, or editing in music too loudly, or even the addition of two unnecessary scenes could kill the entire picture. But if a lot of talented artists are at their best, it could win Best Picture, and millions more could come to admire my favorite capitalist, Walt Disney.

P.S. I suggest they use variations of Disney music like "Feed the Birds" throughout the film.
    I guess I am wildly surprised that the first movie being done with Walt, isn't even about him and doesn't chronicle his life story. That is above all, what every single Disney fan wants to see on the big screen.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• former CM

I guess I am wildly surprised that the first movie being done with Walt, isn't even about him and doesn't chronicle his life story. That is above all, what every single Disney fan wants to see on the big screen.
    If this is a huge hit there will be more interest in that. The climax of that one could be the opening of Disneyland.

It's not easy to write an outstanding screenplay. If this story about conflict in the making of Mary Poppins was a visually interesting page turner with engaging characters and a good ending, then they were smart to make this now.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-04-2012 at 04:28 PM.

• Under that tree again!

Every single Disney fan? That would be a cult movie, not a blockbuster.

Well, I guess it's fitting since Tom Hanks sort of looks like Walt Disney at the end of this Saturday Night Live skit

Amusement Park | Video | Saturday Night Live | NBC

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

It's very commonplace for large parts of backgrounds, even of scenes filmed live on location, to be seamlessly CGI'd and mixed with actual on-location sets and backgrounds. They even do it convincingly on television nowadays.

I'd imagine they could easily change anything that doesn't look original, but actually being there gives them the foundation of realism to work with, as opposed to a total green screen job or building a set.

• Team Hail HYDRA

I can see them using CGI as well for transitions in the park

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• My Children's Father

I'm curious to hear what Hanks does with the voice.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Dream in wonderful color!

Here he is! Found this photo on Twitter, taken by @MelFarleyActor

Photo by melfarleyactor • Instagram
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

A CM let me know they are filming today by the Castle and Fantasyland probably until 5pm today. So Fantasyland is closed for much of today.

Name:  tumblr_md315l9zYk1rz8rkho3_1280.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  60.0 KB

Just saw this on tumblr. How exciting!

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post
    Name:  tumblr_md315l9zYk1rz8rkho3_1280.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  60.0 KB

Just saw this on tumblr. How exciting!
    That is a great shot! It looks like how it would in the 60's! I love it!

• Johnny and Me!

Very Cool!

Not sure if this picture has appeared yet...
    Here's Tom Hanks as Walt Disney, filming in Disneyland today
    Name:  21114_512182388800157_284174958_n.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  50.4 KB

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast