Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Someone may have brought this up already, but they changed the flags on the drawbridge to match the time period, yet there is snow on the castle? I wonder why Disney couldn't hold off throwing up the fake snow until after filming was done. I know this won't add or take anything to the film and for all I know you may not even see the top of the castle in the final cut, but it just got me thinking since they went through the trouble of changing the flags out.

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Well they own ILM now, they can easily take the snow out with CG.

• DisneyMinion

Custodial cast members had to remove many of the trash cans from Main Street last night because they are not historically accurate. The process slowly began before park closing. From what was overeard backstage, many shots would be close-up type, since much of Main Street has changed over time. Also, flower carts will be placed in front of things that can't be moved, such as the corn dog/popcorn carts, etc.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    Well they own ILM now, they can easily take the snow out with CG.
    I guess that's true, I didn't think of that. You would just think they could hold off on putting up the snow for a week or so but I guess not. I do wish there was some "regular" time at the Resort in between the holidays even if it only is a few weeks or so. From the start of Halloween it's like getting hit in the face with holiday decorations until the end of the year.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 11-06-2012 at 02:50 PM.

• Musical Fireman

The picture of the extras is scary because all I have to do is dress in my normal clothes and I could still pass and a extra. Does that tell you something about how I dress? Mr. Hanks looks pretty convincing to the normal guests eyes, he was probably in the shade so you couldn't see to much of his makeup that makes him look gray.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Someone may have brought this up already, but they changed the flags on the drawbridge to match the time period, yet there is snow on the castle? I wonder why Disney couldn't hold off throwing up the fake snow until after filming was done. I know this won't add or take anything to the film and for all I know you may not even see the top of the castle in the final cut, but it just got me thinking since they went through the trouble of changing the flags out.

Probably had something to do with the Christmas Parade taping this past weekend. I'm wondering if Disney will remove the snow and change the color of the castle digitally.

Just did some searching on google and somebody managed to snap this picture of Tom, dressed as Walt. I can't figure out where he is standing though...

Tom Hanks As Walt Disney! First Look! | PerezHilton.com

• Sshhh, being very quiet

ah! That is a good site for more 1960's re-do

Old Popcorn cart...5cents popcorn!

Name:  saving-mr-banks-disneyland.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  33.2 KB

More of the retro flags on castle

Name:  a7cs9ieceaagevc.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  30.2 KB

Now I say, once they are done filming that they should leave all of the flags, and old popcorn carts in service

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    Just did some searching on google and somebody managed to snap this picture of Tom, dressed as Walt. I can't figure out where he is standing though...

Finally! A picture of Mr. Hanks as Mr. Disney. He looks great in the part. Can't wait to see the first trailer.

• Minion

Been thinking will they cgi the castle to match the colors of the orignal castle?

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Team Hail HYDRA

they movie comes out in December 20 2013 so maybe that is why they have the snow on it

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    Probably had something to do with the Christmas Parade taping this past weekend. I'm wondering if Disney will remove the snow and change the color of the castle digitally.
    They are probably going to have to.

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    they movie comes out in December 20 2013 so maybe that is why they have the snow on it
    There is snow on the castle right now because that is what they do every Christmas season as part of the decorations. There shouldn't be snow on the castle in the movie, because it never snows in Anaheim nor did they have the fake snow on the castle in the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post

Looks like the corn dog truck behind him, so I am guessing somewhere near the hub?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I guess I am wildly surprised that the first movie being done with Walt, isn't even about him and doesn't chronicle his life story. That is above all, what every single Disney fan wants to see on the big screen.
    I have no interest in seeing a full life-spanning film. I think its far too much material to properly cover in the span of just a few hours. Maybe as a television mini series, but not a single film.

• Just drawn that way

I love the way the extra's are dressed!
    The snow was put on in Oct....I figured it was put on for preparation of the Christmas Parade taping and ths holiday season.
    Does anyone know it there every was snow put up during the Walt years?

and I agree Walt's life should be a done as a mini-series but do we really want to see a show that could portray a possible bad side to him? Maybe a him he did not want us to see. very interesting.
    Little and broken, but still good.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast