Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Dont laugh at me, but what side are they filming on at the main gate? The one closest to Harbor or DTD?

• SORCERER

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Quote Originally Posted by oohykitten View Post
    Dont laugh at me, but what side are they filming on at the main gate? The one closest to Harbor or DTD?
    They were filming on the left side closest to DTD, and the shoots in the limo in front of the gate was don't in the middle. They only had 1 entrance open and the line had 1000's of people in it just to get in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    They were filming on the left side closest to DTD, and the shoots in the limo in front of the gate was don't in the middle. They only had 1 entrance open and the line had 1000's of people in it just to get in the park.
    Thanks so much! Its silly but I have a special place in my heart for "gate 11" as my sons brick is right there. Now I'm even more curious to see the movie, even if its not a 100% 60's Anaheim.

• Under that tree again!

With all the pictures showing the extras, there seems to be a huge lack of children.

I find the fact that there are no minor extras amusing (though I understand why). I suppose Disneyland was only meant for adults in the 60's.

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by buzzgirl View Post
    I find the fact that there are no minor extras amusing (though I understand why). I suppose Disneyland was only meant for adults in the 60's.
    I think this has todo more with labor practices, no offense, but minors in the film industry especially in California have strict schedules they have to follow. Im sure they have a kid or two that is an extra but there probably closer to the camera.

• Infinitized!

Tom Hanks better watch out or Bob Iger will want to buy him too...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    With all the pictures showing the extras, there seems to be a huge lack of children.
    You know I noticed that too, but I thought it was intentional. A large percentage of vintage photos and videos I've seen of DL appear to have significantly less children in them than what you would see at DL today. I did see a picture of filming on another thread with two children in it, however.

Yeah I saw all the filming and stuff today, and I actually saw Tom Hanks when they were shooting. And I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed. I think he was a bad choice to play Walt Disney looks wise. Hes not a very convincing Walt. Hes too chubby. That being said I'm curious to see how it turns out.
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Did they had to go to the Disneyland garage or something to put back all those signs, flags and popcorn cart? If they did than that is awesome or is it all remade for the film

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by buzzgirl View Post
    I suppose Disneyland was only meant for adults in the 60's.
    Disneyland in the pre-Eisger years was meant for everyone. The difference is that back then, Disneyland was not thought of by its management as a place to just push princesses, kiddie kartoon franchises and toy brands. It was a showplace of innovation and originality, not a marketing platform for brands, brands and more brands. It was Disneyland's unique mix of intellect and fantasy that made it world famous as a place that attracted the Ray Bradburys and Charles Laughtons of life, as well as children -- and the child in all of us.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    I think this has todo more with labor practices, no offense, but minors in the film industry especially in California have strict schedules they have to follow. Im sure they have a kid or two that is an extra but there probably closer to the camera.
    Yup. Under the CA child labor laws, on school days they can work 4 -5 hours but also require at least 3 hours of tutoring so it might not be worth it to have them there just for background.

• film975

Oh wow they brought out the old attraction posters at the front gate like they used to have. How cool is that? I wonder if that's the same limo that was on display at the last D23 Expo.

• Team Hail HYDRA

i doubt it
    that was Walt's real ​limo

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I've been dying to see more photos of children! I sold a bunch of vintage children's clothing for this project and I'm hoping to spy some of it. I'm guessing that as others said, that they are being careful about when the children are on set with respect to working hours. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll spot one of my pieces on screen.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast