Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Not sure if this article has been linked but it has more pics of Tom as Walt.

FIRST LOOK: Tom Hanks as pioneering animator Walt Disney in Saving Mr Banks | Mail Online

I agree that Tom is not a 'ringer' for Walt Disney, but I think there are plenty of movies where an actor only has a slight, if any, physical resemblance to the person they are portraying, real or fictional. But if they are able to nail their mannerisms & speech patterns with the right hair & makeup they can be pretty believable. I think Tom Hanks can pull it off. After all, we all loved and bought him as Forrest Gump, didn't we? Lord knows he doesn't resemble the Forrest in the book.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Not sure if this article has been linked but it has more pics of Tom as Walt.

FIRST LOOK: Tom Hanks as pioneering animator Walt Disney in Saving Mr Banks | Mail Online

I agree that Tom is not a 'ringer' for Walt Disney, but I think there are plenty of movies where an actor only has a slight, if any, physical resemblance to the person they are portraying, real or fictional. But if they are able to nail their mannerisms & speech patterns with the right hair & makeup they can be pretty believable. I think Tom Hanks can pull it off. After all, we all loved and bought him as Forrest Gump, didn't we? Lord knows he doesn't resemble the Forrest in the book.
    Oh good find! They deserve posting! But do please read the article. It's very good.

With Emma Thompson

Name:  article-2229563-15E78154000005DC-69_634x552.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  article-2229563-15E780C9000005DC-289_306x423.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  35.0 KBName:  article-2229563-15E793B9000005DC-404_306x423.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  26.9 KB

• Chief Troublemaker

Thanks for posting the actual pics, Clara. I can link an article, but I'm not savvy enough yet to cut & post the pics. Someday......

It is a good article, isn't it?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

I was going to use George C Scott as an example of how actors don't need to look like the character the are reenacting, but George C Scott really does look like Patton...

I think Tom Hanks will work great though. I think more of a problem is they BOTH have very recognizable faces, so its hard not to think "Tom Hanks" when you watch, but his performance will probably make up for that.

Name:  tumblr_md5kqwWvdr1rs5beno1_500.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  146.6 KB
    (this was posted on tumblr not sure who to give credit to, but enjoy!)

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Sshhh, being very quiet

^^^wow..I think Tom is going to get Walt's manuerisms (sp?) spot on!

If I were to not know they were filming and saw Tom in the park, I would definitely be shocked.

OMG LOVE Emma Thompson!! I will go see it if she is in it.

Tom Hanks as Walt... not enough wrinkles... looks too young and chubby.

At first I kept wondering why there was a limo in the Entrance Plaza. Then I remembered that this was the parking lot back then.

• Musical Fireman

Wooh what a relief. I showed the pictures to my grandmother who worked as a manager at a costume company so she can confirm the authenticity. Thankfully she agreed that the clothes were correct for the period and they do not have to re-shoot! What I thought was cool was she went to Disneyland for her first and only time in the 1970's and she recognized the retro flags and the old tournament style of Fantasyland.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678