Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• former CM

Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! ! ! !

C'mon fellow Walt Disney fans/admirers/worshippers,
    this isn't like when Gandhi was filmed and 1,000,000 Indians
    showed up to honor the Mahatma by being in the funeral scene.

No, wearing your old clothes from 1964 (good year, btw) will not
    get you in the Tom as Walt movie because they already have extras.
    The only thing you might appear in will be a Blue Ray extra feature.

Yes, seeing
    Tom Hanks!
    as Walt Disney!!
    in Disneyland!!!
    this coming week!
    would be for me even cooler than seeing the Space Shuttle fly (well, piggybacking) over Disneyland.

And, yes, having 30,000 people turn out to catch a glimpse of Hanks/Walt would be great publicity for this movie.

Please, just
    don't
    call attention to
    America's favorite actor
    Tom Hanks!
    as Walt Disney!!
    in Disneyland! ! !

This coming week.
    (See ya there!)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-02-2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: typo

• Under that tree again!

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Are you a producer of this film, trying to promote your product?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Hmmm doesn't look like you are off to a good start of not calling attention if you are bolding, colorizing and making huge your font...

• My Children's Father

jcruise, do you own stock in Disney, or maybe have a piece of the parking concession?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• AKA - DisneyChris

How very surreal - it is like Walt is returning - Almost chilling.

HAPPY NEW YEAR - MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE IN 2013

Now Presenting --- A DAY AT DISNEYLAND - AUDIO ADVENTURE
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    jcruise, do you own stock in Disney. . .
    I do.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

jcruise86 Your right, we should not call attention to this or give any thoughts to rushing down to see him!!

(PSSSSST..see you at the hat shop on main street )
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

The filming locations are going to be shut off so guests that day won't even be able to come close to the filming locations.

Plus Disney is keeping tight wraps on Tom Hanks as Mr. Disney and don't want anything leaked until the movie comes out. So don't except him to come out and greet people. From what I hear all filming locations are near the backstage area so they can sneak Tom Hanks in and out.

America's favorite actor?

• former CM

Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey777 View Post
    How could he not be? He has the same birthday as me and OJ!

Now if I meant actor as a gender neutral term he might have to get in line behind Meryl Streep, Amy Adams or (depending on the role) Johnny Depp.

And Robert Downey, Jr., Will Farrell, and Jack Black are all loved too, but Hanks is our Jimmy Stewart. Whom do you think is more popular than Tom Hanks? I'm glad that such an excellent actor and such a well-liked person is about to embody Walt Disney.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey777 View Post
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86
    How could he not be? He has the same birthday as me and OJ!

Now if I meant actor as a gender neutral term he might have to get in line behind Meryl Streep, Amy Adams or (depending on the role) Johnny Depp.

And Robert Downey, Jr., Will Farrell, and Jack Black are all loved too, but Hanks is our Jimmy Stewart. Whom do you think is more popular than Tom Hanks? I'm glad that such an excellent actor and such a well-liked person is about to embody Walt Disney.
    Nonetheless, personal opinions. Also, by popular do you mean currently? All time? There are different forms or popularity. I could make a list of celebrites that are more well known than Tom Hanks..

• PERRY SCORES!!!!

We are the corps The Cavaliers,
    There is no corps we fear,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we know that we never never will go wrong, so
    March onto victory Cavaliers,
    As we march on through the years,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we are The Cavaliers.

1...2...3... SPLOOIEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    How very surreal - it is like Walt is returning - Almost chilling.
    lol....
    For the love of Disney....

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    The filming locations are going to be shut off so guests that day won't even be able to come close to the filming locations.

Plus Disney is keeping tight wraps on Tom Hanks as Mr. Disney and don't want anything leaked until the movie comes out. So don't except him to come out and greet people. From what I hear all filming locations are near the backstage area so they can sneak Tom Hanks in and out.
    Is that why he showed up on The Colbert Report in a 1960s suit and mustache last week?

I agree with the generalization of America's favorite actor. Of course it's an opinion, but that never stopped Oreo from dubbing itself as America's favorite cookie. But it is clear that Tom Hanks has been popular for a long time now and is generally considered to be one of the top, most likeable actors in Hollywood.

•   

Jcruise, as always, you are a master of subtlety. I'd shake your hand if both of mine weren't covering my ears until they stop ringing.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast